First Person Deaths

• I’ve been playing since November 2012. Recently, I’ve noticed that the camera zooms out to third person when you die. I don’t know how recent this change is, but I was wondering if it is at all possible to add an option to toggle first and third person deaths.

• Haven’t played since it got introduced in January but I support this. I always loved the first person deaths because of the brutality and immersion. Really sad they changed that.

• Yeah, the “feel” was awesome. I wasn’t even mad when i died so epicly.

• I agree, it really should be an option. The only downside is that you’ll get epilepsy if your head happens to roll down a hill :P

• Your head flying off your body with a “fwish,” rolling down a hill, and your vision turning gray made it really seem like you were decapitated. As macabre as it was, I was completely sold on the game after that.

• Yeah i loved the first person deaths too. Yeah there was some little issues where you could see into your body or the back of your head when falling down with face to the ground, but it was awesome. Especially when you saw everything. You get an arrow to the chest, fall backwards and you see the deadly arrow sticking in your chest. so damn immersive… And now? Well… It seems like TBS likes removing things they can’t make better.

• Yea bring back the first person deaths

• First person deaths were one of those cool details I used to tell my friends about.
    I liked everything about it, except maybe that the screen was so grey when you died.

• I like the first person deaths for the immersion, but I like the 3rd person for having a better look around me after I die. However, the bigger problem is that the spectator camera after you die goes to some random spot on the map rather than staying where you died at so you can’t survey the situation any more. THAT needs to be fixed, but just revert this change would be best.

• Bring 'em back or maybe make them optional!

• @B4RK:

First person deaths were one of those cool details I used to tell my friends about.
    I liked everything about it, except maybe that the screen was so grey when you died.

Having a low blood pressure can cause discolouration in your vision. I’ve never seen it personally go grey but everything sure as hell looks duller. Other things they could of done. Is made everything sound more distant, your vision loose focus, have a high pitch noise playing or even make you see stars (its an actual thing).

• @lemonater47:

Having a low blood pressure can cause discolouration in your vision. I’ve never seen it personally go grey but everything sure as hell looks duller. Other things they could of done. Is made everything sound more distant, your vision loose focus, have a high pitch noise playing or even make you see stars (its an actual thing).

Yeah, yeah. I just think most games go a little overboard with making shit grey when dying, I like the color!
    Also, I’ve seen those stars, but I wouldn’t like them in a video game, they’d just be annoying, just like the grey color. (But it’s a trifle anyway) :P

• @fvonb:

Bring 'em back or maybe make them optional!

This. Maybe they should be forced on 1st person only servers - or just provide a serverside option to force a specific death cam if wanted.

• @Evil:

This. Maybe they should be forced on 1st person only servers - or just provide a serverside option to force a specific death cam if wanted.

Or a client side option for personal preference. Considering you go into spectator mode when death forcing it on first person only servers won’t give anyone any less of an advantage.

• I agree that 1st person deaths were awesome. I’d like to see them back. It should be a setting on the server - competitive should be 1st so that when you die you can’t ghost. You got killed - stupid that you can provide information to your team from a aerial view.

• Yeah, 1st person deaths were awesome. In terms of TO pubs etc, it’d be nice if it was a ‘ranged’ death that it goes to 3rd person so you know where you got hit….or just that it was an arrow. This would help to prevent people raging and thinking that it was a haxxxor melee player when it was really just an arrow/bolt.

• Yeah, I liked the first person deaths. I wouldn’t mind having them back in the game.

• Why was it removed? I prefered the old way.

• It did make dying feel epic. I support having it back!