And the winner is …

• rather than bring bring back a zombie thread I thought I would make a quick note to announce (with their permission of course) the winner of the User Experience survey was mr. urinalcakewalk! who is now the proud owner of ETS 2 (Gold).

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to the study :)

• Cool.
    Does your uni have a game dev program? I think I talked to some chaps from there when I was at a jobs fair or something.

• @dudeface:

Cool.
    Does your uni have a game dev program? I think I talked to some chaps from there when I was at a jobs fair or something.

You mean undergrad? Im not sure we have a Games Dev undergrad program (in fact I think we dont atm) but we have various people involved in games research and York is part of the IGGI and NEMOG groups (games dev/research groups) and probably some others. However the York Uni is expanding so those dudes you talked to might be right and we may be getting a game dev program, I wouldnt know I dont teach.

• I dunno. Maybe it was something only loosely related (art/graphics, who knows). I did an interesting “Vision, Imaging, and Virtual Environments” MSc at UCL, so a few York names popped up now and then in lectures and reading material, I think.

• @dudeface:

I dunno. Maybe it was something only loosely related (art/graphics, who knows). I did an interesting “Vision, Imaging, and Virtual Environments” MSc at UCL, so a few York names popped up now and then in lectures and reading material, I think.

Cool, hope the MSc led to something interesting. my supervisor is one of the main games/immersion researchers at York and he used to be at UCL so makes sense that it got mentioned.

• Wait wait what? What is ETS 2 and what did he do to win it?

• I’m lost as well.

• OP had people fill out surveys so he could collect data for a project he was doing. He awarded one (random?) survey taker with a steam game. urinalcakewalk won and chose Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold edition.

• We all know I really won. winks

• @Coaster_Man:

OP had people fill out surveys so he could collect data for a project he was doing. He awarded one (random?) survey taker with a steam game. urinalcakewalk won and chose Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold edition.

Ah, thanks.

What is it with all those Game of Thrones accounts tho? Its not funny, just annoying.