PIE Graphics Settings

• Hey. Is there a way to change the default graphical settings in play-in-editor mode? I run Chiv on medium to play it but want to make sure the map looks good on the highest quality without opening Chiv and changing the settings manually.

• I’m sure there is a way to set it somewhere for the SDK itself, but I’m just switching out copies of my “Config” folder inside:
    /My Documents/my games/Chivalry Medieval Warfare/

If you’re not as lazy as I am, you could also create a batch file, which does that for you I guess.

• Developer

Maybe you could use -configsubdir ? So either set up a config subdir for the game, or for PIE.

–—

To set up a configsubdir for the game, copy all the configs from

%USERPROFILE%/Documents/My Games/Chivalry Medieval Warfare/UDKGame/Config

Into

%USERPROFILE%/Documents/My Games/Chivalry Medieval Warfare/UDKGame/Config/Game

Right click on the game in the Steam library, click Set Launch Options, and add

-configsubdir=Game

Now, when you start the game normally it’ll use UDKGame/Config/Game, but when you start the editor (without -configsubdir) it’ll use UDKGame/Config

• Thanks. I couldn’t get -configsubdir to work properly. It kept giving me a “Failed to find default engine .ini file to retrieve My Documents subdirectory to use. Force quitting.” message. But swapping out config folders isn’t too much of a hassle.

• Oh I guess I didn’t hit post on my earlier reply. Thanks both of you. I tried -configsubdir but an error kept popping up that I couldn’t resolve so I’m just swapping out config folders which isn’t too difficult.