Limit votekicks

• I thought of this earlier today when I was voted kick on at least 20 times ‘as a joke’ (luckily for me, most of the people voted no so I never got kicked), but other people were as annoyed by the spamming of votekicks as I was, so I figured that maybe there should be a limit to how many times a player can be voted kick on. Obviously if everyone really wanted a player out of the game, a majority of the players would vote yes on the first 1-3 votekicks, right?

Or at least a longer timer between the votes. And if the player has over 40% TD, it could just ignore the limit.

EDIT: I realize this could potentially pose new problems if someone had their friend vote kick them X amount of times until they become practically immune to votekicks and then start TK’ing everyone. So maybe it’s not that great of an idea after all, but at least increase the timer between votes or limit how many times a unique player can vote kicks on the same player.

• You could do a limit the votekicks somebody can do. So if 2 or 3 fail, he can’t do a new one.

• Well you could always report them.

• @Stuffy:

You could do a limit the votekicks somebody can do. So if 2 or 3 fail, he can’t do a new one.

This. Don’t limit the overall votekicks but disable votekicking for a player who started a certain number of failed ones (for one map or even session). Other players should still be able to votekick though.

• The configs already contain minimum time between votekicks a player can make and minimum time between votekicks on the same player :) (methinks in pocserver-udkgame.ini)

• You could also just stop trolling.

• @fvonb:

You could also just stop trolling.

ye right, this happend a few times to me

random joe rank 3 who doesnt know how to use anything but slash starts teamhitting me in spawn

i kill him in my defense, he starts a votekick (ofc he knows how, hes a scrub and comes from some shitty ass mainstream game) and i get kicked

fucking classic #justchivalrythings

• @CRUSHED:

i kill him in my defense

Your fault you got kicked. A player with your experience should know better.

But there should be some limit for those rage kids who just spam votes over and over. If you started three kickvotes that did not succeed changes are high your judgement is flawed and your right to start votekicks should be revoked. If for some reason the other does deserve it you can still report him - just as Lemon wrote.

• “I killed him in self defense, but…”

Every single time I read this, I can’t help but to wonder if the person in question is even thinking.

“This guy hit me, I better make it more right and kill him until he is dead >:(”…and then the votekick happens with 100% team damage. Does this not cross anybody’s mind who retaliates?

• I just said so because I remember OP as a troll, one of the few permanent bans on my server. Not surprised seeing him complaining about vote kicks ;)

• @Skreshavik:

“I killed him in self defense, but…”

Every single time I read this, I can’t help but to wonder if the person in question is even thinking.

“This guy hit me, I better make it more right and kill him until he is dead >:(”…and then the votekick happens with 100% team damage. Does this not cross anybody’s mind who retaliates?

Who said it was in the beginning of the round? maybe you should think about that son

just cba to deal with people like this, when i dont kill them, they try to kill me for whatever reason

just cause you like to take shit from retards and get killed by your own mates for no reason doesnt mean i should put up with them

• @CRUSHED:

Who said it was in the beginning of the round? maybe you should think about that son

just cba to deal with people like this, when i dont kill them, they try to kill me for whatever reason

just cause you like to take shit from retards and get killed by your own mates for no reason doesnt mean i should put up with them

Well its either that or getting kicked.

There be trolls that provoke you so you teamkill them and then they kick you. And most people will vote yes if you have over 20% team damage people often vote yes. And if anyone was looking at the killfeed or Saw your fight all anyone would know I that you teamkilled him. The bastard will bitterly complain and its goodbye to you.

Or you could not kill him and you votekick him.

• @lemonater47:

Well its either that or getting kicked.

There be trolls that provoke you so you teamkill them and then they kick you. And most people will vote yes if you have over 20% team damage people often vote yes. And if anyone was looking at the killfeed or Saw your fight all anyone would know I that you teamkilled him. The bastard will bitterly complain and its goodbye to you.

Or you could not kill him and you votekick him.

90% of the time i get kicked from total votekicks is because the enemy team is tired of getting ****d, true story :(

• @CRUSHED:

90% of the time i get kicked from total votekicks is because the enemy team is tired of getting ****d, true story :(

Or they’re tired of your Ego.

• rekt

(10 chars)

• @lemonater47:

Or they’re tired of your Ego.

We are tired of your trolling the forum

• @CRUSHED:

Well, first of all, it doesn’t really matter if it’s the beginning of the round or not. You join in and decide to be vindictive to the local village idiot, you’re going to receive an astronomically high team damage percentage and get kicked for it. There is no other way around it unless you really want to invest time of slaughtering the enemy for the sole purpose of having a low team damage percentage to orchestrate your carefully constructed revenge. On a videogame.

Why not just let them run forward and be a meatshield? At the very worst, the other star player kills them all and your both on even footing.

• @fvonb:

I just said so because I remember OP as a troll, one of the few permanent bans on my server. Not surprised seeing him complaining about vote kicks ;)

What, treehouse? You can’t blame me for getting mad for being treated unjustly by your admins. I was teamkilled at least five times in spawn by one of Snail’s friends, and when I tried to votekick him, the kick was bypassed. I wouldn’t do that on my server. If someone teamkills, regardless of who he is, the players are the ones who get to decide whether he stays or goes. 13-year-olds shouldn’t be given admin rights.

@Stuffy:

You could do a limit the votekicks somebody can do. So if 2 or 3 fail, he can’t do a new one.

See, yeah, that sounds better. I only made this thread to bring up the issue, but it’s usually others that come up with the ideas that actually work lol. Which is good.

• @Jon:

What, treehouse? You can’t blame me for getting mad for being treated unjustly by your admins. I was teamkilled at least five times in spawn by one of Snail’s friends, and when I tried to votekick him, the kick was bypassed. I wouldn’t do that on my server. If someone teamkills, regardless of who he is, the players are the ones who get to decide whether he stays or goes. 13-year-olds shouldn’t be given admin rights.

See, yeah, that sounds better. I only made this thread to bring up the issue, but it’s usually others that come up with the ideas that actually work lol. Which is good.

Treehouse is a disgustingly bad server, avoid at all cost

• @CRUSHED:

Treehouse is a disgustingly bad server, avoid at all cost

I know that now, and I’ll know to spread the word.