What if there was only one class?

• What if? What if there was only one class and we would have access to all weapons and very detailed customization with a weight system for weapons,gear and armor that determines your movementspeed? WHAT IF GUYS? IT WOULD BE AWESOME

• Fail parody.

Because the idea is pretty solid.

• You have the modding tools. Make it happen, Crushed.

• @Evil:

Fail parody.

Because the idea is pretty solid.

Wasnt meant to be a parody, just popped into my head with all these what if threads

And dudeface, i would make a mod but unfortunately modeling armors is something i cant do for shit atm

• Well the important thing would be to test the gameplay before worrying about anything else.
    Pick your 1 character model (the knight obv.), and just change the colour of the armour to denote varying strength/weights (e.g. white = weakest, black = strongest). Hard to display a proper piecemeal armour (if that is what you are going for) like this, but you could at least get started.

If it worked and was really fun there are surely people here who would help model things.

• Lots of different directions you could go with this. You could have a total weight limit that affected how much you could carry, including armour (meaning a lightly armoured guy could carry 2 heavier weapons), or you could give free choice of armour (having the weight affect movement only) and put other limits on weapon choice (1 primary, 1 secondary, or do a similar weight-limited system that includes shield, etc etc).

Endless possibilities. It’s definitely something I have pondered when imagining Chiv 2.

• there are some bot knights rocking maa heater shields in my server,
    I don’t know how they are doing it but it looks awesome and is way harder to shoot them with arrows when they have it equipped.

I’ve seen them rocking the maa shield with swords, axes and the flails, very cool and something new to look at.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234411502

here’s a pic incase you don’t believe me.

• @WARSAW:

there are some bot knights rocking maa heater shields in my server,
    I don’t know how they are doing it but it looks awesome and is way harder to shoot them with arrows when they have it equipped.

I’ve seen them rocking the maa shield with swords, axes and the flails, very cool and something new to look at.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234411502

here’s a pic incase you don’t believe me.

Dem bots on killfeed.

• Play Warband.

• But why not take the one really good aspect from warband and merge it with chivalrys superiors combat system?

• I would run around naked with ma longsword, don’t need no stinkin armor.

• inb4 people complain about nakeds killing them with a concealed pipe shotgun.

Oh wait… wrong game

• only if it’s archers.

• is it possible to make classes use weapons from other classes that they currently cant use?
    and open up all shields for that class with any weapon, like flail and kite sheild or messer with buckler sheild etc

• @WARSAW:

is it possible to make classes use weapons from other classes that they currently cant use?

I guess so - Chiv+ Swordgame has a Knight with Saber for example and there was a map where you could pick up weapons while keeping your class (they did bug out when you charged or dodged though).

• imagine there’s no classes. It’s easy if you try.

you may say he’s a dreamer, but he’s not the only one.

• well I dont want everything switchable but some weps should be,
    like vans and archers should be able to use the falschion and knights should be able to use the maa’s axes,
    and classes with shields should be able to use any shield with any wep combo they have in their arsenal is what I meant,
    I think that would be awesome and add some other aspects of different combat to our mod.

• Isn’t this the approach that War of the Roses uses? I actually prefer the idea for most games, but Chivalry is more suited to classes, just because of the general flow of the battlefield. I like the fact that people all have specific roles to fill. What I WOULD like to see is enhanced customization on each class. Not just cosmetics and primary/secondary/tertiary. I’d love to have different edges, armour, hilts, shafts, etc. Messer could be given an enhanced point to compensate for the low stab damage, or an enhanced edge to wreck people with slashes. A system like Black Ops II’s Pick 10, except still broken into classes, would make me squeal like a schoolgirl. And yes, I compared Chivalry to Call of Duty, deal with it.

On a side note, Bushido: Legend of the Samurai is going to do the exact thing you’re talking about. One of many reasons I’m keeping an eye on that game.

• This whole concept would make a great DLC idea, imo.
    Though there would have to be a greater diversity in arsenal as well as new gear and shit.

• Would love to see this for Chivalry 2 actually. Could make the customization screen where you customize your warrior and select what gear you would use there. Could be quite an awesome money sink for TBS as well, if they just keept pumping out DLC gear for us to customize our warrior with.

The problem I see with a setup like this is that it mostly leads to everybody using the same cookie cutter build. However, seing the balancing they have done with CMW they might be able to pull it off.