Can't alt tab anymore

• Used to be able to alt tab flawlessly. Now since a couple patches ago it crashes / freezes every time I alt tab.

I’ve met others who have the same issue. Kinda sucks

Actually, it really sucks. Can’t check emails, can’t chat, can’t work, can’t switch songs on my playlist, etc. without crashing

How do I fix it? How can you fix it?

I’ve wiped my drivers, reinstalled, verified, etc etc… probs on Chivalry’s end I think

• Developer

Something something 64-bit probably. If you check the ‘force 32-bit’ option in the launcher it’ll likely work (but the 32-bit executable has worse performance). You can also try just playing in borderless windowed mode… which isn’t exposed in MW’s UI yet, but you can add -borderless to the Steam launch options to do it.

This appears to be configuration-dependent. We haven’t reproduced it on any machine we’ve tested. Could be related to other software that’s running that utilizes or hooks into DirectX, could be your graphics card is somehow different from the one’s we’ve tested, could be something else…

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Something something 64-bit probably. If you check the ‘force 32-bit’ option in the launcher it’ll likely work (but the 32-bit executable has worse performance). You can also try just playing in borderless windowed mode… which isn’t exposed in MW’s UI yet, but you can add -borderless to the Steam launch options to do it.

This appears to be configuration-dependent. We haven’t reproduced it on any machine we’ve tested. Could be related to other software that’s running that utilizes or hooks into DirectX, could be your graphics card is somehow different from the one’s we’ve tested, could be something else…

I’ve tried 32 bit but it is the same issue. Crash crash freeze end process etc.

Thanks for the -borderless hint, I’ll try that.

The only things I run are google chrome, avast, daemon tools, steam, f.lux and geforce experience.

• Essentially he’s asking about your system specifications and what program’s you run in the back ground.