Map Competition Makers - Can I beg and plead?
gregcau last edited by
CMW is the only game I play, so it is close to my heart (well that and hot girls) and I would like to see it evolve.
So if I if you are making a map can I make some requests:
- Do not make your map too big - if it takes too long to get into the action it detracts from the map.
- Add features ! Pits that unexpectedly drop you? Give defense cool new ways to repel attackers (traps?)
- Setup your map for one-on-one battles - think dark forest logs, it makes for exciting gameplay
- Give archers some love - yes we hate them but still some nice spots to arch from is cool.
- Spawn points - do test on 1v1 and make sure it is balanced - not cool if it is too easy.
- Skill - allow people to shortcut, perhaps jump from one spot to another to gain an advantage.
- Tactical - different ways to end the objective is cool, but make it balanced.
- Progress - important to allow noobs who may not be able to kill a lot of people to still advance the map (killing peasants, pushing cart etc)
Combine all that and you are on your way to a winning map. If you need testing or a server to host your map on contact me !
Mockingbirch last edited by
Some very good points here.