Lower out of stamina breathing threshold

• I think the threshold when the out of stam breathing sound activated should be lowered.

Heres my reason: Confusion and randomness

Reading feints consistently is already hard enough as it is. When the breathing sound is activated, it indicates for the attacker that his opponent is very low on stamina and can be stamina stun dazed soon, however, you can still feint while heavy breathing, which just adds a bit randomness in my opinion. You cant hear the feint grunt, you expect your enemy to not be able to feint anymore because hes heavy breathing. Sure you can expect that last stam feint, but in your head you still think that he doesnt have enough stamina especially when you played the old chiv versions where you only had the heavy breathing when you had no stamina at all.

This is the only thing i dislike atm especially in high level duels

my suggestion is to lower it to a point where you cant feint.

• Yeeeeep

/10chars

• Agreed. Panting should occur when a person’s stamina is too low to feint/dodge as these two things are what you really want to know about someone on low stamina.

• Panting maa! I can go on the offensive and knock his stamina down until he’s stunned!

One hit, two hit, three hit, huh, not stunned yet?

Yea, this is pretty annoying. 30% is a little too high of a threshold, considering a lot can be done with 30% stamina.

• Hmm odd, someone brought this up in the beta server today, was it you? :D

Anyway, I agree completely, except that I’d lower the threshold to 0: This way you know the enemy won’t be able to continue his combo. Perhaps there should be a separate whizzing sound when you are generally low on stamina?

• ^Nope , wasnt me.

• @Monsteri:

Anyway, I agree completely, except that I’d lower the threshold to 0: This way you know the enemy won’t be able to continue his combo. Perhaps there should be a separate whizzing sound when you are generally low on stamina?

You can’t combo with less than 10 stamina. I’d prefer the threshold to be 15. It’s pretty easy to see when someone combos and I don’t really want the stamina pant to automatically be “HIT ME AND I’LL BE STUNNED.” Just something to let you know that you don’t have to worry about feints or dodges.

• Fully agree, it’s often misleading. Feints and dodges when you don’t expect them.

@NabsterHax:

I’d prefer the threshold to be 15. […] Just something to let you know that you don’t have to worry about feints or dodges.

+1

• Agreed. Heavy Breathing should indicate that your enemy is almost completely exhausted. Threshold should be below dodge cost (20).

• Indeed, threshold should be lower. I like Nabster’s idea that Fvonb quoted.

• 15 seems good to me.

• @fvonb:

Fully agree, it’s often misleading. Feints and dodges when you don’t expect them.

+1

+2 10chars

• I like the 30 thresh-hold. There is an opportunity for more mindgames. You have more options at 30 stam than 20 stam.

30 stamina is still plenty of stamina to feint twice (while risky). You can usually force your opponent to be over aggressive and use that against him.

You also might not know hes exactly AT 30 stam too… most people assume 25 or lower and wouldn’t expect an all-in with 2 feints at your disposal.

There’s nothing random about it, but maybe 25 would be more appropriate?

• agreed, i’ve been in duels where i hear someone panting and proceed be able to parry 2 more 2 handed attacks + dodge and combo.

• Whats the maximum amount of stamina where you can be dazed by an attack? Either Maul vs dagger (29) or Maul vs Buckler (?). So the breathing does make some sense here - maybe have some less heavy breathing below 30 stamina and the current heavy breathing below 15 to indicate exhaustion?

• I agree /10chars

• @NabsterHax:

Agreed. Panting should occur when a person’s stamina is too low to feint/dodge as these two things are what you really want to know about someone on low stamina.

This. No further discussion needed, really.

• Agree. Another one of those changes TB made where I just said to myself, “why?”

• +1 really annoying how long it sometimes takes to bring someone to 0 stam who started coughing 5 minutes ago xD

• I think the ideal would be to have an even heavier panting when the person is unable to dodge/feint