Buff Falchion Damage

• This weapon has been sent to trash tier by the summer 2013 patch, for absolutely no reason at all

i never see it these days, abysmal range, horrendous speed for the damage you get, terrible stab

I suggest that you revert the damage change on this weapon so it will be put into its old pre summer 2013 state

Even then it was barely used, because it wasnt easy to use

When you mastered its range problems you were rewarded with a onehander with good damage and safe animations and consistent HTK. Easier said then done, its similar with the hatchet, it was better to just get a weapon with more range instead

so revert the damage nerf on it so the weapon can still be viable again - given the player skill is high enough to use it properly

• Yeeeep

/10chars

• Have to agree with everything here. Falchion is the weapon I see less used than the flail.

• Falchion needs a tad more love than just the bubble reduction. I support these changes.

• First nerf/remove the bubble. Then buff the Falchion. But here I think a damage increase on slash (old values but new damage type) would not hurt.

• I support this movement.

• Support

#10characters

• It’s the same as the waraxe, useless because of the bubble.

• The falchion could use a small damage buff, and it needs a speed increase as well. It’s dumb that the falchion is shorter and slower than the broad.

• Nerf Broadsword and Norse swing damage to make Falchion more favourable.

• @wildwulfy:

Nerf Broadsword and Norse swing damage to make Falchion more favourable.

Nerf more weapons, great idea!

• Again you’ll have to wait and see what happens with the bubble. As I remember it propel were saying this was OP without the bubble.

• @lemonater47:

Again you’ll have to wait and see what happens with the bubble. As I remember it propel were saying this was OP without the bubble.

I rather wait for feedback from actual competitive players not you and your troll buddy

• @CRUSHED:

I rather wait for feedback from actual competitive players not you and your troll buddy

That seems a bit harsh, especially since what he’s saying is true. There were some slight problems with it before the introduction of the bubble, and I can’t remember if they were actually fixed or if everybody just forgot about it since the bubble hid the problem.

I agree it’s bad in its current state, but changes to the bubble may indirectly improve it.

• I have been a part of the competitive scene long before you, so you can’t say that I’m not a competitive player. And, why are you so upset because others have like minded opinion as me without being heavily biased on friendship? that proves more that they are speaking out of their mind rather being affected by something, which is good.

Well Crushed, the idea was that the Slash and Overhead damage on Broadsword and Norse could be slightly toned down so that you would really consider using Falchion if you wanted a powerful one-hander that is good at slashing without making the falchion too strong. Falchion is already more effective versus Vanguards & Knights IF you land the overheads, but the Falchion has also been quite bothered by the bubble, so we would still maybe need to wait and see if that would make any difference.

Falchion has the highest parry negation for one-handers, which makes it the best one-hander to parry with, also the parry drain is also very decent. Those are also factors that you should take into account, but I guess these are just numbers you wouldn’t believe existed. I have got plenty of numbers and ect listed up on my spreadsheet. To be exact; The Falchion slash, overhead and stab has a parry drain of 23, 23 and 16, giving it the average drain that ranges between 7-8 which is actually decent, since most are just stuck at average of 7. Average drain doesn’t really matter, but its a simple number that shows that a weapon is more effective at draining stamina.

Like Polehammer has a average drain of 16 on its overhead.

So the Falchion is kinda strong, but I agree that maybe some changes are required, but that would be more towards to broadsword and norse to make falchion more do-able.

Also Crushed, can you please cut out your stupid attitude towards to people here on the forums? You are better off shutting up if you can’t argue against someone, rather than pulling yourself further into the mud by starting to attack them rather discussing about the actual topic and bring up points/arguements. It would give the forum a much better enviroment if people like you didn’t exist.
    Please stick to the topic, least if you feel the urge to attack someone, keep it off the thread, it has nothing to do with it. Send them a Private message, shamefully the mods don’t care as much about rules as the previous one did.

• I do not remember the falchion being OP pre-bubble.

• @wildwulfy:

I have been a part of the competitive scene long before you, so you can’t say that I’m not a competitive player. And, why are you so upset because others have like minded opinion as me without being heavily biased on friendship? that proves more that they are speaking out of their mind rather being affected by something, which is good.

Well Crushed, the idea was that the Slash and Overhead damage on Broadsword and Norse could be slightly toned down so that you would really consider using Falchion if you wanted a powerful one-hander that is good at slashing without making the falchion too strong. Falchion is already more effective versus Vanguards & Knights IF you land the overheads, but the Falchion has also been quite bothered by the bubble, so we would still maybe need to wait and see if that would make any difference.

Falchion has the highest parry negation for one-handers, which makes it the best one-hander to parry with, also the parry drain is also very decent. Those are also factors that you should take into account, but I guess these are just numbers you wouldn’t believe existed. I have got plenty of numbers and ect listed up on my spreadsheet. To be exact; The Falchion slash, overhead and stab has a parry drain of 23, 23 and 16, giving it the average drain that ranges between 7-8 which is actually decent, since most are just stuck at average of 7. Average drain doesn’t really matter, but its a simple number that shows that a weapon is more effective at draining stamina.

Like Polehammer has a average drain of 16 on its overhead.

So the Falchion is kinda strong, but I agree that maybe some changes are required, but that would be more towards to broadsword and norse to make falchion more do-able.

Also Crushed, can you please cut out your stupid attitude towards to people here on the forums? You are better off shutting up if you can’t argue against someone, rather than pulling yourself further into the mud by starting to attack them rather discussing about the actual topic and bring up points/arguements. It would give the forum a much better enviroment if people like you didn’t exist.
    Please stick to the topic, least if you feel the urge to attack someone, keep it off the thread, it has nothing to do with it. Send them a Private message, shamefully the mods don’t care as much about rules as the previous one did.

1. you were never a competitive player, your visions of the current meta are completely off (messer backswing meta, ROFL)
    2. when you nerf broadsword and norsesword, nobody will use falchion anyway, because gets what, its still terrible
    3. “falchion is kinda strong” because of parry drain on the stab?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING?? please dude, stop this is fucking embarassing

I have this attitude because you are trolling, thats why. Its annoying when i want to have a serious discussion about this weapon. You want to keep shit weapons shit for your own favor.

The posts you are making here are easily on WARSAW level of stupidity.

• @wildwulfy:

Nerf Broadsword and Norse swing damage to make Falchion more favourable.

Wrong way to go. Broadsword and Norse Sword don’t need nerfs, especially no damage nerfs. They are favored in the current meta because of the bubble and the way dodge works for MaA - in terms of numbers they are fine.

The Falchion on the other side is too weak right now: Its shorter and slower than both. The stab is much weaker (further decreasing the effective range) and the slash only barely stronger (it really needs very dedicated tactics to make use of this) and the only significant advantage is the overhead that can threeshot Knights with torso hits. But then axes can also do this and either hit even harder (Waraxe), are much faster (Hatchet) or have more range (Dane Axe).

So in context the Falchion performs worse than the other MaA weapons thus it needs a buff. Nerfing weapons that are allright to make the weak ones more favourable is not how to do balance.

• If Broadsword and Norse Sword were to be nerfed so that their swinging damage would be less effective, it would give Falchion a good spot if you wish to be slashing or overheading more, and Broadsword and Norse sword will still be then effective at the stabs, and yes you can balance out weapons by nerfing others, can’t just always balance by buffing another weapon.

It is a bit tricky with Falchion, cause not much tweak is needed to probably make it too strong?
    Either way, what could be done since it is a swinging weapon, that has no decent stab. They could increase attack1 damage to make the weapon overall more effective at swinging. If damage is increased from 75 to 80 chop on attack2, it would put the Falchion in a 2HTK zone on bodyshots versus a Vanguards, which I think would be bad to put it there.
    One way the falchion could be made viable if it was somehow given a effective Cut and Chop attack, by buffing attack1’s damage, the weapon would be versatile versus Lighter and heavier classes, since cut is obviously more effective against Archers & Man-at arms, while then Chop is better Versus. A Vanguard and Knight. (Chop is cut + blunt / 2 = resistance value)

• Answer to Patrick
    1. Been a competitive player since the start of Chivalry, and that is how the meta for the Knight used/still is after the patch 2 where they buffed messer maybe a bit too much, you can’t deny the fact that it is maybe a little bit too strong?

2. If swing damage on Broadsword and Norse Sword were toned down, the Falchion would have much higher base damage difference than them, maybe that could be enough to contribute to make people use it more from now on, we also have yet to see what the bubble shrink may bring to previous weapons that has been having problems hitting due to the short reach, and the gap the current bubble creates between two players.
    3. Yes, I don’t think Falchion is weak. It has been balanced around to have the ‘swinging’ role for One-handed swords, while Norse use to be the stabber and Broadsword was the hybrid (That was atleast their idea back in the release of the game) Not much has really changed since then either, with the exception that Norse was made a tiny bit faster and lost its role as the stabbing one-handed sword. And, I didn’t imply that the parry drain on Falchion stab were strong, cause it isn’t a stabbing weapon, so how would it make sense if it had a high parry drain? but when it comes to the slash and overhead, it has a rather decent parry drain, which are kinda the attacks you will be using most of the time with Falchion unless you are also insisting to be one of the type who would propose to only slash with a spear for example.

I am not trolling Crushed, I’m just expressing my opinion about the changes you suggest that aren’t obviously well throught through. And, I am trying my best to keep this discussion serious, but you are the one sort of destroying this thread by involving things that doesn’t even have to do with the topic.

“You want to keep shit weapons shit for your own favor.”
    Can you stop making random assumptions. I would be the last person who would want to keep shit weapons in my own favour, cause I pretty much play with every weapon, and I’m not biased about suggestions for a weapon change even if it so were my main weapon. I remember a couple of occasions where I used Light Crossbow and Bardiche. I agreed that Bardiche needed nerf, which was good that it recieved in the end, also tried to contribute towards to its nerf, as for Light Crossbow. before its buff, I was pretty much the only one using it, and the people were like “Huer huer, underOSED WEAPON better BUFF IT.” Yeah, that reload speed buff was so neccesary… I’m fair as you can get it, so can you cut out your attitude or get off the forums?

There are rules that we all need to follow, I guess it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out why I have never been banned, and you have been twice now?