Buff Doubleaxe Range

• Arguably one of the worst weapons in the game, since release.

Abysmal range, very slow slashes, terrible stab, no dragability at all, bad animations, slow overhead, feints of this weapon are amongst some of the easiest to read in the game

im using this weapon in scrims, trying to make it viable so i know what im talking about here

The only thing this weapon has going for it: Great damage, good combo times, stam drain and BEST HIT SOUND EVER. And using it makes you alpha.

combo feint overheads were also good with this weapon, however we all know this was nerfed hard in the last patch

the amount of skill required to make this weapon look medicore is pretty high, too high compared to other weapons

Its completely outshadowed by almost all the other knight primarys. YES its decent in knight 1v1 duels, but its just a bad choice compared to other weapons outside of that because of the abysmal range.

I suggest raising the range of this weapon by 25%. That should definetly make it a viable weapon from my experiences with this weapon. Or atleast, help with it. Keep all the other stats, the massive damage is made up with the speed of this weapon.

#plz more viable weapons

• Yayyyyyyyy good threads with good things in them yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• @CRUSHED:

BEST HIT SOUND EVER.

Tied with Bardiche and Sling.

First nerf/remove the bubble then look at the weapons: Range increase would be fine here and keep its niche. Or keep the range but slightly increase speed (which might work wirth less of a bubble).

• I support this movement.

• Actually assuming the hitboxes are relatively accurate I would prefer a buff in stats other than range. More damage would be my preference, as a speed buff would make the bearded axe even more useless than it is now.

Adding range to this weapon(again, assuming it’s hitboxes are accurate) will make it easier for your victims to block it. The model of the double axe will make overheading over a tower shield or slashing someone’s back much easier once the bubble has been decreased in size a bit more. Adding range to the double axe will make this slightly harder for facehuggers.

• I support the range buff but I would also like to see a damage buff/change. Currently the dubaxe is swing/blunt, which is alright for the most part except when it comes to man at arms, an overhead should reliably one hit them in the torso.

• @Noobstomper:

I support the range buff but I would also like to see a damage buff/change. Currently the dubaxe is swing/blunt, which is alright for the most part except when it comes to man at arms, an overhead should reliably one hit them in the torso.

It’s the second highest damaging melee weapon in the game :/

• Damage is fine and don’t touch the damage type - no need for a second Bardiche (especially because a damage type change here would increase competition instead of reducing it).

Keep in mind that oneshotting MaA with torso hits also means oneshotting Vanguards with head hits then.

• Yes its too short in giant slayers. I have to crouch to kill people if I get too tall.

• @Evil:

Damage is fine and don’t touch the damage type - no need for a second Bardiche (especially because a damage type change here would increase competition instead of reducing it).

Bardiche used to be good until it got nerfed into oblivion >.>

• Thats the nerf I am referring to. Its still quite usable though - more underrated than underpowered. It can oneshot MaA (and Archers even better) - which is quite practical with this reach and its surprisingly fast for its length (overhead is as fast as the Messers).

But back to the Double Axe: I think the damage is fine but it could need some help in actually dealing this damage. Increasing the range could help here as could increasing the speed. As the Bearded Axe also needs some help I would like to pick the other direction here (if the Bearded Axe gets speed the Double Axe should get range and if the Bearded Axe gets range the Double Axe should get speed). But keep it significantly shorter than the Poleaxe and significantly slower than the Bearded Axe.

• If we buff the dub axe range im pretty sure it’ll still be shorter than the Poleaxe and it’ll still have a crappy stab compared to the poleaxe

• just buff the thing already its the coolist looking weapon in the game but its also the worst…. what kind of a sick mind would allow that to happen

• Are you kidding with me?

• To be honest, I think I’d rather see the weapon remain a very short ranged power tool. Personally, I’d rather see a damage increase and/or a slight speed increase. The slash could even one-shot MaA for all I care. This would probably just make it a situationally better weapon, and may not make it a much more viable option in comp. play. However, I don’t think all weapons need to be viable in all situations, and I don’t think the situations were the weapon is useful should be ignored. It’s just that currently, these are far too rare to justify the reward.

Then again, I rarely use the weapon, so I apologize in advance for uneducated remarks.

• if you don’t use the weapon how do you know what it feels like to miss constant swings by the skin of your teeth only to get into a fight with an archer using a dagger and feeling that he can out reach you

• Dubaxe is perfectly viable and doesn’t need any buffs; it’s just a really hard weapon to use. It’s really fast, has great combo times and has high damage, the only downside is short range. You just need to get a little closer to your target is all, and you’ll be comboing a lot with it so you can start pressuring them from farther away.

• What we could do is rework the whole weapon by doing these changes:
    Attack2 Base damage 115>118
    Attack2 Type Chop>Cut
    Attack1 Type Chop>Cut
    Attack1 Windup 0.55>0.6
    Attack2 Windup 0.6>0.675

This will make it more like a “Cut” version of the Maul, which will of course be more intended to counter Man-at arms & Archers, as the 118 base damage on Attack2 Will one-hit Man-at Arms to the body, but will no longer have a 2 HTK on Knights Body.

• @wildwulfy:

This will make it more like a “Cut” version of the Maul, which will of course be more intended to counter Man-at arms & Archers, as the 118 base damage on Attack2 Will one-hit Man-at Arms to the body, but will no longer have a 2 HTK on Knights Body.

Double axe is way too short to be effective against MAA or archers. Your proposed changes would just make it worse.
    Ever tried to hit MAA who is aware of you with a maul? Yeah.

• @Kim:

Dubaxe is perfectly viable

Ive played this weapon against top teams unless you are significantly better then your enemys, no, its not. I would use the grandmace over it anyday, but that weapon is already medicore

The weapon is just bad, its all about getting overheads in but thats already the problem and its predictable because the feints on it are almost as easy to read as maul, then you get destroyed by vanguards and maa who use range, and knights who use range, its not even remotely fair