Couple of points

• 1. Now that stamina is taking effect some things should be altered. I find feinting takes too much stamina. I can barlely feint and strike a couple of times before getting out of breath. I would really like to feint a bit more in a duel. (I’m playing Knights class)

2. Sprinting takes no stamina. It could take a bit so you’re not sprinting all the time but only when charging the enemy.

3. I’m surprised by the speed of enemy thrusts. It seems to hit me before the strike animation actually plays. Noticed this a couple of times.

4. Combos oftentimes tend not to work. Same for Audio Comments. Got to press the combinations again to make it work.

5. Suggestion for voice comments:
    There should be greetings… When I’m approaching a friend I don’t know what to press. I’d like to say something like “Hail!” or “There you are!”
    The “respectful” grunt is too subtle and doesn’t sound like I’m admiring my comrade’s work. How about something more striking like “Good work!” or “Well struck” or “Hehe, sweet”?

• @Siegbert:

3. I’m surprised by the speed of enemy thrusts. It seems to hit me before the strike animation actually plays. Noticed this a couple of times.

I notice that happens a lot with the javelineer overhead after the glitch was fixed.

• @Siegbert:

All attacks can damage you a lot quicker than you might think. As soon as the windup is over the attack starts dealing damage - if an enemy turns his view downwards, he can hit you faster with an overhead by striking you at the start, if he turns it upwards he can delay it to hit you at the end of the attack instead. Same with horizontal slashes, you can turn the side the swing is coming from towards or away from the enemy. As such, thrusts will deal damage very quickly when you’re up close, especially since thrusts tend to have shorter windups.

@Siegbert:

5. Suggestion for voice comments:
    There should be greetings… When I’m approaching a friend I don’t know what to press. I’d like to say something like “Hail!” or “There you are!”
    The “respectful” grunt is too subtle and doesn’t sound like I’m admiring my comrade’s work. How about something more striking like “Good work!” or “Well struck” or “Hehe, sweet”?

There is a “Got your back” response to inform an ally when you’re behind them. “Respect” is more of a positive taunt towards enemies, I agree it would be nice to have something praising allies’ performance as well.

• @SlyGoat:

All attacks can damage you a lot quicker than you might think. As soon as the windup is over the attack starts dealing damage - if an enemy turns his view downwards, he can hit you faster with an overhead by striking you at the start, if he turns it upwards he can delay it to hit you at the end of the attack instead. Same with horizontal slashes, you can turn the side the swing is coming from towards or away from the enemy. As such, thrusts will deal damage very quickly when you’re up close, especially since thrusts tend to have shorter windups.

That may be. But I shouldn’t take damage before the animation of him stabbing me is played. I should have a realistic chance to defend myself.

@Siegbert:

There is a “Got your back” response to inform an ally when you’re behind them.

Yes, and I’m using it this way. A greeting comment would be nice though. Just like I love the laughs when someone’s gotten slaughtered by us. It’s hilarious :D

• I have 2 points as well. I think there are some minor mechanical inconsistencies with the combat system that could be adjusted to improve the whole fluidity of battle:

#1 is mentioned by Siegbert above: The Combo mechanic is somehow strange. There seems to be a perfect timing when you have to klick to do a combo - if you miss it, you dont go on swinging. That is why I am just spamming my left mouse button like crazy when I want to combo. I still don’t combo then sometimes. It would be cool if it was “easier” to combo with less crazy button mashing and better results, if you know what I mean ;)

#2: If I hit the block button (right mouse) twice very fast (doubleclick), I am blocking twice in a row. This can be very frustrating because I usually only want to do one block but find myself in this situation:

-I am swinging my sword at the enemy
    -at the end of the swing I see that he gets reasy to hit me back and I want to block –> If I hit the block button now nothing happens because I am still in my attack animation
    -so I spam my right mouse button to block as soon as my attack is finished. The problem now: If I hit the button one time too many, I am doing the block twice - which sucks, because usually after the first block I want to attack again.

A solution to this would be that you can only trigger a new block right beore the first block ended or after the block. Right now I can trigger 2 blocks before the first has even begun, that does not help in any way.

• Bumping this for better visibility, my second point could also be a bug.

• Sprinting taking no stamina was a conscious decision made by the dev team.

• Okay, that was actually the least of my points. I’m good with sprinting taking no stamina now

• If sprinting took stamina it would probably slow the game down too much as sometimes the spawns are a little far from the obj. So if we were gassed by the time we got to the obj that would be a little frustrating.