Comprehensive Feedback

• My thoughts on all things BETA
    (if there’s anything I missed let me know)

1. New Skins
      I’m thrilled about new skins, but they currently need some redirection.
    • Barbarians: These skins just need to disappear, they are way out of place and do not belong in Chivalry MW at all.
    • Knight skins: The Agatha one would be really good if you just made him buffer, he’s too skinny and weak looking for a knight. The face model is good I think. As for the new Mason knight skin it needs to be completely redone. You cannot just copy-paste the new Agatha knight skin but make the hair red. The Mason knight should have different armor and his face should look more like a ‘rough neck’ when compared to the Agatha knight. Also, the new helmet for the Mason knight with the antlers on it. It’s a cool helmet but the size of the antlers should be reduced a little, their enormous size looks ridiculous.
    • Suggestions on Skins: The variety of medieval armor designs is boundless: gauntlets, chest pieces, shoulder pieces, leg wear, gloves, boots etc. Keep it semi-realistic and unquestionably European Medieval. I suggest you guys look into making individual armor pieces. So I could have the gauntlets from one skin, but the shoulder pads from a different one. Finally, try to strike a balance where each armor piece or skin is different enough, but players can still easily recognize what class and faction someone is.
    1. New Camera and Animations
    • Camera: I really like the new camera, it feels like it’s where the head actually is on the character model. Whereas the old camera is in front of the model’s chest which is vomit-inducing to play in. The new camera negates “face hugging” issues as well.
    • Animations: Overall I like them and they work well with the new camera. However, they need polish. Many of the animations feel rough, as if they were rushed in a day. With some loving polish and time these animations will be amazing.
    1. Bubble reduction
    • The gameplay feels so much smoother with the bubble reduction, and slow classes with short weapons are actually viable now. I cannot even play the live version at all after feeling the BETA’s smoothness, the bubble is that bad.

A few other things

• New crosshair is brilliant! the windup, release, and combo indicators are great. Not to mention it’s really sharp looking
    • Take hit indicator adjustments feel nice.
    • I’ve tested the flail a lot, you guys have really improved it over the last few patches. It can actually kill humans now!

This patch definitely needs another week or two in the development oven, take your time and polish it up; it’ll be amazing!
    I appreciate your guy’s dedication to Chivalry, the game I love so much. Keep up the good work! :coolio:

I :love_heart: Torn Banner Studios

• and slow classes with short weapons are actually viable now

How are short weapons not already viable? Good Archers are just as deadly in melee against single opponents and even daggers are used a fair amount. MAA are considers overpowered by many. Knights regularly switch to their secondaries depending on the opponent.

• @Dr.Nick:

How are short weapons not already viable? Good Archers are just as deadly in melee against single opponents and even daggers are used a fair amount. MAA are considers overpowered by many. Knights regularly switch to their secondaries depending on the opponent.

Because anything shorter than a Broadsword gives artificial misses(at least for me).

Pick Archer, choose Hunting Knife. Fight noob with Zweihander. Try to hit noob who is barely walking backwards and miss constantly. Noob doesn’t even know how to block and doesn’t bother, so he will just overhead once and since you miss you didn’t interrupt. Dead.

Pick any class. Fight against Archer with Hunting Knife. Constantly parry too late due to recovery times and the removal of panic parry. Archer will try to hit you. Bubble forces knife to miss. You didn’t expect that perfect swing to miss so you block for nothing. Archer just smashes LMB and will hit you before you can parry again. Dead.

• The bubble makes it a lot harder to hit people with really short weapons because it pushes players away from each other, and when that class is also slow it means it’s that much easier to move out of range of their weapon.

• @Dr.Nick: shortsword is useless in slopes for example thanks to the bubble. Most MAA nonpoke weapons are useless when you try to hit someone who’s running away, unless you throw a low damage stab.

• @gref:

• Knight skins: The Agatha one would be really good if you just made him buffer, he’s too skinny and weak looking for a knight. The face model is good I think. As for the new Mason knight skin it needs to be completely redone. You cannot just copy-paste the new Agatha knight skin but make the hair red. The Mason knight should have different armor and his face should look more like a ‘rough neck’ when compared to the Agatha knight. Also, the new helmet for the Mason knight with the antlers on it. It’s a cool helmet but the size of the antlers should be reduced a little, their enormous size looks ridiculous.

About that new Mason knight helmet, I think it’s fine. Some medieval helmets (mostly ceremonial) did have some pretty ridiculous wings, horns and such.

• Ah I see, cool. Thanks for input Kreittis.

• Gref you should edit your post to say that its your opinion…i think the mason armor looks awesome. the agatha armor is slightly different and not as cool. And i do think the wings are pretty cool :)

Also i don’t think the barbarian skins need to be scrapped. they just need a bit more armor, a little reworking to make them fit. The mason knight and mason vanguard (without the fur helmet) already look like they fit in to me. the others however (mason archer and vanguard…oh god)

• The Barbarian armor needs to stay. Too many players already bought it anyways, imagine what’d they think one day if it’s been replaced by another skin; they’d want a refund, and it’ll be hard on the team.

• Basically 9 months ago since this topic was started, nice necro mate.