Insta hit overheads

• Hey, I’d just like to ask the DEVELOPERS, not any other people, if this thing is considered legit and not a bug:

You turn back to your enemy, crouch, look up and overhead. It insta hits him.
    Also, are those 1080° overhead spins supposed to be in the game?

• @NomadCZ:

Hey, I’d just like to ask the DEVELOPERS, not any other people, if this thing is considered legit and not a bug:

You turn back to your enemy, crouch, look up and overhead. It insta hits him.
    Also, are those 1080° overhead spins supposed to be in the game?

You think this hasn’t been discussed before? Instead of being a whiny noob, how about you search past threads, learn, and get better.

And I don’t care if you’re asking the devs, I have the right to speak.

• @Nohbdy111:

You think this hasn’t been discussed before? Instead of being a whiny noob, how about you search past threads, learn, and get better.

I haven’t found any threads containing an approval from the developers.

• @NomadCZ:

Well, there have been threads about it and the developers have approved of these OHs in one of them. Idk if that thread is gone and deleted because it in the old forums or what.

• Technically it does not instantly hit him - thats what windup time is for. Also you turn your back to him so you can’t see him and what he is doing (yes there is 3rd person but thats another story…). Riposted reverse overheads can be very deadly. Same with flinched ones.

I am not sure if weapons are really supposed to hit you this way though. It makes sense for everything with a blade (I have also seen reverse slashs - they look quite impressive if done with by a swordsman) but is somewhat stupid for weapons like the Maul (who would most likely make you fall over if you tried) or other blunts.

• @NomadCZ:

Yes, it’s hard to find these days because of the forum changes. This is the closest thing I’ve found but it’s a quote and it isn’t even about backswings. But I think it confirms that swing manipulation in general is not considered an exploit.

• @Nohbdy111:

Come on man, no need to sound like a dick. That shit looks retarded the first time you see it, and he doesn’t come off as whining.

• @Nohbdy111:

What the fuck man, calm down, he only asked a question. He didn’t even give his opinion on those attacks.

• @Nohbdy111:

Look at your join dates and stop being so abrasive. That helps noone. Swing manipulation is a part of a game and technically wha you described OP are advanced moves. While they may not have been INTENDED to be in the game, they are there and are completely legitimate moves.

• @Footbeard:

Look at your join dates and stop being so abrasive. That helps noone. Swing manipulation is a part of a game and technically wha you described OP are advanced moves. While they may not have been INTENDED to be in the game, they are there and are completely legitimate moves.

Look at my join dates? Ya joined 8-27-13, how about that? You obviously have more forum experience than me lol do you. I’ve been playing since day one and I joined the forums March 2013… this is a different account. I also have over 1100 posts in that old account and almost 300 in this new one. You don’t even know who I am? do you…

@swagfox:

and he doesn’t come off as whining.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18749-Fix-blocking
    mk

• Post digging is a great way for people to hate you forever and judge your every post you have ever made.

What happens in a thread stays in a thread

• @NomadCZ:

This was my primary strategy in the developer duel tournament way back when duel mode first came out. Of course, I did it as a joke (because c’mon, look at my competition ;)) - TBH I don’t think backwards overheads are a serious method of attack in all but the nichest circumstances. Regular lookdown overheads, however, are pretty overused.

• @SlyGoat:

TBH I don’t think backwards overheads are a serious method of attack in all but the nichest circumstances.

Once you get it down it’s actually ridiculously useful. Especially combined with the quick kick.

I’m predicting that soon people will start getting a bit more wise to it and parry it almost every time though.

Then we’ll move on to ROH feints.

So much further to go.

• @NabsterHax:

Once you get it down it’s actually ridiculously useful. Especially combined with the quick kick.

I’m predicting that soon people will start getting a bit more wise to it and parry it almost every time though.

Then we’ll move on to ROH feints.

So much further to go.

Yeah, I’ve gotten good enough with it to essentially let it replace lookdown OHs for me. You can also do some cool shit with it like miss it on purpose and then turn around the rest of the 180 degrees and hit them at the end of release. Works like a much better lookdown-lookup OH decel, but much better because you can just keep looking up the whole time as you rotate. It’s takes practice, but it pays off. There’s so much shit left to master in this game, even the best of the best are still picking up new tricks and they still haven’t completely mastered everything they all ready knew. Hell, most competitive players still think feints are unreadable lol. The skill ceiling in this game is so high… I love it.