Little request

• The last patch changed shield used with flail to heather. Is it good or bad, I don’t know. But can you restore the buckler and allow us to choose between it and heather shield? Everybody would be satisfied.

• By everybody you must mean you because I think you’re the only one who truly wants the buckler. I think there’s been posts for having both but no one really cared for the buckler. I’m not trying to flame you or anything, but I’m interested in why you want the buckler more? Is it more because the heater is bugged and needs some polishing to help with the transition?

• Personally I would like the buckler and the heater.

• Choice is always good, and I’d be fine with having both available. But about 90-95% of people would use the heater, so why bother spending dev time on adding the other option?

• The shield jab with the buckler just seemed more satisfying. I don’t care either way, but I wouldn’t protest the option to use the buckler again. Obviously the heater is superior.

• @Mockingbirch:

Choice is always good, and I’d be fine with having both available. But about 90-95% of people would use the heater, so why bother spending dev time on adding the other option?

Why did they waste time removing it???

• Having both options would be nice, next for the knight to be able to pick any non pavise shield with any non flail setup would be one of the greatest updates EVAR

• Heater shield looks pretty nice when it’s on your back though too :D

• I’m not trying to flame you or anything, but I’m interested in why you want the buckler more? Is it more because the heater is bugged and needs some polishing to help with the transition?

Firstly, buckler shield looks much better than heather. Heather shield reminds me of men-at-arms, and it doesn’t fit to knight, IMO. I haven’t seen any bugs with this shield, anyway.
    Secondly, it’s better to have a choice. And it’s very easy for developers to give us buckler back.

• I would also like to have both options (which actually gives you a choice when using a flail setup), even though I prefer to use the Heater.

• @S0ldier:

I haven’t seen any bugs with this shield, anyway.

Sounds like you’ve never actually used the Buckler. The buckler is the WORST shield in the game, and generally only blocks 50% of the strikes, depending on how good your opponent is. It was very, very easy to strike through the buckler against a flail knight.

The flail actually became usable with the heater shield.

• @Userper:

Sounds like you’ve never actually used the Buckler. The buckler is the WORST shield in the game, and generally only blocks 50% of the strikes, depending on how good your opponent is. It was very, very easy to strike through the buckler against a flail knight.

The flail actually became usable with the heater shield.

No there’s a bug with the fail making strikes go through the shield it happens with the heater too.

The buckler works fine for the other classes.

• @lemonater47:

No there’s a bug with the fail making strikes go through the shield it happens with the heater too.

The buckler works fine for the other classes.

Yeah, thats true, I’ve found a few times that it would go through my shield. It does happen, though not as often as the goddamn buckler. Usually I’m only hit in a way someone would get a hit around a parry (or a heavy kick).

• shield bash to the face with head explosion from buckler= priceless

• @S0ldier:

Firstly, buckler shield looks much better than heather. Heather shield reminds me of men-at-arms, and it doesn’t fit to knight, IMO. I haven’t seen any bugs with this shield, anyway.
    Secondly, it’s better to have a choice. And it’s very easy for developers to give us buckler back.

For me it’s the exact other way around since buckler shields remind me of maa.