An Ambitious idea for these barbarian skins.

• Thing is Torn banner it seems most people don’t really want these barbarians in the game. They are very well done skins though I’ll give you that. But not for medieval warfare. Medieval skins for medieval warfare. Like your knight skins that’s a step in the right direction.

If you release these skins into the live game you will see a decrease in player numbers. This definitely won’t pull people in.

But that doesn’t mean you can get rid of them completely. Some people are saying stick them in deadliest warrior. But you can’t put 8 skins in there.

How about. You make a whole new game.

Now before everyone bitches at me for this suggestion I would read on first.

Some of your barbarian skins who don’t look like the forsworn look like eastern barbarians. Barbarians who live around the Black sea. You could have these barbarians go up against…

The Romans. And you can call these barbarians the Dacians. The great skins for the Dacians are…
    http://i.imgur.com/zIF53t2.png
    http://i.imgur.com/eNbRBGU.png
    http://i.imgur.com/qP0AtgZ.png
    http://i.imgur.com/KBzc54q.png
    With a few modifications of course.

There isn’t another roman game out there except for some warband mods and if you include Ryse as one. And the Dacian wars tike period is great. The Dacians have a wide variety of weapons many of them two handers and tw Romans modified their armour a lot doing these wars because of the Dacian weapons.

When Deadliest warrior was in closed alpha I made a poll to see what warriors they wanted. I knew what the warriors were being in the alpha so Those warriors were in the poll to see if torn banner made the right choices. The 6 warriors in deadliest warrior ended up in the top 7 warriors in the poll. The other warrior in that top 7 came 2nd to the Viking and that was the roman legionary/centurion. So the demand is there.

Deadliest warrior was an arcade game and people knew that when they bought it. People don’t know that Mediaval warfare is going in that same direction. Deadliest warrior has no TO and people didn’t really liked the multi team game modes though I did.
    But you could make those roman game more like medieval warfare. Have all the game modes from medieval warfare.

A gladiator mode even. You can pick any skin for a class an hat class can use any set of weapons for that class regardless of faction. So great for competitive LTS and make FFA a bit more fun. Theres a couple of threads where a gladiator themed thing has been wanted before.

This game will bring new people in. There’s plenty of roman nuts out there waiting for a good roman VS barbarian game. Torn banner could make one.

You ou could sell it for $15 and have it require chivalry medieval warfare. They could buy both medical warfare and this new roman vs barbarian game for $35 combined as a pack. So you will get new players for MW too. If you make t like medical warfare you will get more players. Deadliest warrior either got boring very fast or people ragequit with 6 team LTS.

I know you can make one game and patch the other. You showed that with the deadliest warrior development. You still patched medical warfare. Sure one of those patches was the one that brought the bubble but patches are patches.

This idea would work a whole lot better than deadliest warrior. It will retain players better bring in a bunch of new players without losing players. And they get to keep their barbarian skins. They get to have them fighting the Romans instead of fighting side by side with medieval knights which looks silly. It would also be a great experience for torn banner balancing teams that don’t use the same weapons.

Theres a wall of text about it here. http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/17869-My-idea-for-new-DLC

• How about no

• @CRUSHED:

How about no

You would say no to me regardless of what I say and you don’t tend to back things up so your opinion is best ignored.

• @lemonater47:

You would say no to me regardless of what I say and you don’t tend to back things up so your opinion is best ignored.

Now you know how it feels when someone just shits on your thread with a retard comment.

Get a taste of your own medicine my friend

• @CRUSHED:

Now you know how it feels when someone just shits on your thread with a retard comment.

Get a taste of your own medicine my friend

…Alright moving on.

Anyone with any actual thought want to comment? If you don’t like it why don’t you like it. If you do like it why do you like it. What should be changed. Things like that. Proper discussion.

• I wouldn’t buy a new game with these skins. The problem is that these skins don’t fit with the current game together with medieval knights. However, they do fit against medieval knights. If there were a gamemode or an option that put the defending team, Masons or Agathians depending on the map, against a Barbarian faction, then I’d like to see these models in game. These 8 models can be condensed into 4 by way of customization, which would do well to make all the classes have proper distinct designs and silhouettes.

Barb faction model condensing:
    Mason Barb Archer + Mason Barb MAA -> Barbarian faction Archer.
    Agatha Barb Archer + Agatha Barb MAA -> Barbarian faction MAA
    Mason Barb Vanguard + Mason Barb Knight -> Barbarian faction Vanguard
    Agatha Barb Vanguard + Agatha Barb Knight -> Barbarian faction Knight

For the lore issue, say that the Agathians and Masons payed off and outfitted a few tribal groups, or say that there’s a 3rd faction trying to take down everyone. These models should be in the game, just not the way it is now.

• They don’t fit against knights either. And the whole idea of these skins is to buy them.

They are barbarians. Barbarians fit against Romans.

What fits lore wise would be a middle eastern faction against agatha/mason.

• They aren’t just bad in the context of Chivalry Medieval Warfare. They are bad in any context because they are complete garbage.
    Barbarians, Vikings whatever you want to call them didn’t dress like fucking imbeciles.

• Yeah…this isn’t happening, and it would be a terrible, terrible idea.

• @lemonater47:

They don’t fit against knights either. And the whole idea of these skins is to buy them.

They are barbarians. Barbarians fit against Romans.

What fits lore wise would be a middle eastern faction against agatha/mason.

They don’t fit in your interpretation of what you want the game to be is what you’re actually mean. If you were going to have a discussion, be open to alternatives. It’s not a discussion if you have the mindset that your way is the only way. After that it’s just you pretending to listen long enough to say why you’re right.

TB screwed up with these Barb skins not fitting the theme of Chivalry. It’s bad but it happened. I want to see them integrated into Medieval Warfare in a non-intrusive way, because even though their designs are way over the top, I still like them. They could be made to work in C:MW, just not in the normal customization sense.

• I dont know about you but I am strangely aroused……

• Yes please…. MORE!

• Is that your Sa word or are you just glad to see me?

• @DerFürst:

They don’t fit in your interpretation of what you want the game to be is what you’re actually mean. If you were going to have a discussion, be open to alternatives. It’s not a discussion if you have the mindset that your way is the only way. After that it’s just you pretending to listen long enough to say why you’re right.

TB screwed up with these Barb skins not fitting the theme of Chivalry. It’s bad but it happened. I want to see them integrated into Medieval Warfare in a non-intrusive way, because even though their designs are way over the top, I still like them. They could be made to work in C:MW, just not in the normal customization sense.

We are of a similar mind. We both sorta like some of the barbarian skins but we both don’t want them fighting side by side with medieval knights.

Your idea is a 3rd faction. My idea is another game. I went over what would happen if they made another game.

Making a new game is the only way to not lose players as still get money. All other ways will make some people leave the game entirely. They will think torn banner has completely lost it. A new game will actually bring new players in. Especially if they do Romans against barbarians. There isn’t a game out there like that.

You also get more value for your money buying a new game rather than just buying a team to play on.

• @lemonater47:

If you release these skins into the live game you will see a decrease in player numbers.

you know lemons right I don’t play chivalry for its In depth combat system or its ground breaking ideas for a medieval fighting game I play the game for the cosmetics ive got about 5000+hrs of chivalry of me in an empty server staring at how I look I think ive only actualy played the game for 5mins but if these new skins that don’t effect me or gameplay in even the slightest way get into game im just gonna quit completely im mean just the idea of being in a server with some one that’s wearing the skin is enough to make me come onto the fourms and type death threats to the developers saying how there ruining the experience for me personally (and as we all know im the only one that matters at all)

if fact just to prevent something like this ever happening agien lets get TB to never add new content…. ever because new things are stupid and ruin games like team fortress 2 for example the second they added new weapons and cosmetics to the game it became even less fun than pong

• You really think this would reduce player numbers? Cmon.

• @dudeface:

You really think this would reduce player numbers? Cmon.

It won’t increase the playerbase and most people don’t like the idea. Just mention it in game. There will be people who leave. People who don’t come to the forums. All they will see is wacky out of place skins. What impression does that give off. Some people like the wacky most don’t.

Something new will. If you look at the total war series rome was the most popular time period. And since rome 2 flopped game wise if they make this they can ride on rome 2s failure. There aren’t many roman themed games out there, even less good ones and essentially no first person combat roman games. It will bring in more players. Its almost definitely gonna be on the steam front page for ages, youtubers like total biscuit would do this game too. Its gonna get exposure and more players are gonna come in.

Torn banner is almost definitely gonna release a new title this year. If they are gonna do a first person combat game there aren’t that many choices. Torn banner likes barbarians it seems. This is a way to fully and properly implement them and profiting from it in multiple ways.

• @lemonater47:

Torn banner is almost definitely gonna release a new title this year.

Ummm…says who? What possible source could you be getting this information from?

• I agree with DerFurst.

Adding as skins… wouldn’t care for them too much. If there was an option to show barbarian skins as just normal skins clientside, I’d always have it turned on.
    I’d rather see it as a different faction or just FFA only.

• Stick them in a mod.