Select 2 main weapons instead of secondary & shield/throwables

• Hey guys

Sorry if this has been brought up before, my search didnt pull up anything

Is it possible for a mod, update or new setting that would give option for being able to select 2 primary weapons? IE - SOW & Maul
    But it would cancel out any option to be able to select secondary, shield or throwables - they could be greyed out/can’t select example

Just throwing it out there as something of an option or fighting style to change up between 2 main weapons

Thanks
    ~Hen

• Should be ‘moddable’.

Lightsabre mod manages to make changes to the weapon loadout screen.
    The data files for the “King” and “Malric” character classes also have default primaries in slot 1 and 2.

• Personally; I have always wanted a secondary and two tertiary weapons.

• Ya there is lots of times where I have gone out with say grand mace, then wished I could quickly swap over to SOW something a bit faster when dealing with different opponents, but stuck with going to secondary
    Just something wished was added in as an option, or maybe it could be like a bonus after reaching a certain rank?

• Yes for a mod but no for vanilla (even though Kings have two primaries and one secondary - but I think its to give the King “class” some more choices) - I don’t like players becoming packing mules for multiple weapons. Maul and Sword of War might even work - but
    Maul and Double Axe or Bardiche and Greatsword? No please!

I would rather see the secondaries balanced in a way that the can compete with the primaries making them equally viable choices. The Knight class has this already, Men at Arms should not be a problem (fix the bubble and dodge and the Broadsword will cease to be the single dominant choice*) and Archers get this by default as long as the MaA secondaries are properly balanced.

Vanguards are more problematic here: Right now their primaries are a little stronger when compared to other classes and thus also when compared to their own secondaries. Multiple options here:
    (a) Nerf the Vanguard primaries to match the strength of other melee weapons and buff the Vanguard class (armor, speed, special ability) as compensation if necessary. (Most immersive but high impact)
    (b) Do the inverse - buff all other melee weapons. (Probably the worst choice)
    © Adjust the secondaries in a way that they can compete with Vanguard primaries - given the Vanguard class properties - as well as the other melee weapons - given the other class properties. (Hard to achieve and might result in very unstable and sensitive balance but less impact)
    (d) Keep Vanguards as they are which makes their secondaries “fake choices” as they can’t quite compete with the primaries. (Least work and impact but really hurts the Vanguards options and the games overall balance).
    I would prefer (a) but sticking with (d) or even © might be okay as there are more important things right now (that also influence weapon balance - see bubble).

*Players will probably still pick it more often as they are used to it and its one of the most popular medieval weapons along with the Longsword (just for style). But popularity is as much balance as genetic drift is natural selection. If there are enough niches the other weapons will get their share.

• That would be pretty awesome actually

• javs+warbow combo, please.

• Maul+Warbow

Thats actually a historical setup - but the Maul was meant as a tool and not as a weapon (if sources are to believed it was used as improvised weapon though).

• The idea is not that bad, however id much rather see them balance underused weapons to increase the variety than allowing two of the really few good weapons to be picked.

• @Evil:

(d) Keep Vanguards as they are which makes their secondaries “fake choices” as they can’t quite compete with the primaries. (Least work and impact but really hurts the Vanguards options and the games overall balance).

The secondaries aren’t really supposed to be as widely used as the primaries, doesn’t mean they don’t have their place. I feel free to run heavy Knight-slaying primaries with the Vanguard because I can switch to a saber/hatchet to deal with MaA. Or I can run a Claymore as a primary, then use the Dane Axe to get around shields. Broadly speaking, you’re going to use your primary more on every class, but if you don’t use both, you’re not playing as strongly as you could be. Just pick two weapons with different strengths.

• This could be a knight’s special, since it has none currently. But only a hammer/axe + a bastard sword.

• I think being able to use 2 primaries would make a cool knight ability, although I dont want to put the thought in to decide whether or not this could be balanced. I’d love to run around with a g mace and a sow at the same time.

• @swagfox:

I think being able to use 2 primaries would make a cool knight ability, although I dont want to put the thought in to decide whether or not this could be balanced. I’d love to run around with a g mace and a sow at the same time.

It would certainly make 1v1s against MaA easier, which is one of the knight’s main problems.

• Knights secondaries are already the MAA primaries so basically they already got two primaries.