Any Skyrim mods to make the combat closer to what Chivalry has?

• Now obviously some people are going to lololol skyrim combat all over this thread, and i know its awful, but i do love the game. Anyone also play a modded skyrim, and have any suggestions for mods that make the combat…at least slightly better? I feel like asking here is a much better place than the skyrim nexus, cause them skyrim players don’t know what good combat is…lol

• It’s been suggested countless times, without success.

Deadly Combat makes enemy AI better and makes them block more frequently.

I use SkyTweak to set damage multipliers of every NPC and the player to 5x so you don’t have to swing a sword through your opponent 100 times at high levels.

• Interesting. Is deadly combat alone enough for you? Have you tried other mods instead of it/other mods in conjunction with it?

• @Psyfon:

Interesting. Is deadly combat alone enough for you? Have you tried other mods instead of it/other mods in conjunction with it?

I used Deadly Combat in the past but eventually removed this mod, I can’t remember why.
    I also used Locational Damage before. Also can’t remember why I removed it, lol.
    Same for some dodge mod I once tried. It was laggy and had strange animations.

If I had to pick something, I believe I removed those mods because they weren’t configurable enough to my liking. There’s a lot to tweak in Deadly Combat, but you’ll probably waste hours upon hours like me trying to configure it to your liking only to give up later.

Combat Realism - Weapon Armor and Blocking is still in my mod list. But I don’t use the core file; it also comes with a small .esp file that makes blocking more effective, which I do have turned on.

But really, SkyTweak is the main reason I still play Skyrim. You can configure almost ANYTHING and my standard gameplay has damage multipliers set to 5.

• Get Mod Organizer. Best thing for modding skyrim.

Skyrim gotta be the most overrated pice of shit game ever released tbh. It’s the modding community that is making the game good.

• Mod organizer is a PITA. I’ve been modding with OBMM, FOMM, and NMM, as well as wyre bash for years…so its hard for me to get used to something new haha.

• I doubt any rpg like skyrim will ever see chivalry melee with the current AI we have these days, ever played against bots in chivalry? Even worse AI than base skyrim (I have almost a thousand hours in skyrim I love it) honestly I am thinking kingdom come the rpg will be good with dynamic melee but still good AI, only thing I hope they work on well is the AI for that game.

• @Psyfon:

Mod organizer is a PITA. I’ve been modding with OBMM, FOMM, and NMM, as well as wyre bash for years…so its hard for me to get used to something new haha.

The thing about MO that is so fucking geniouse, is that it works sorta like daemon tools. It creates a virtual directory of your skyrim folder, where all the mods will be installed. So you basically never have to reinstall the entire game ever again. It also has profiles so you can switch between mod setups damn easily. It also makes it way safer uninstalling and removing mods.

Seriously, you won’t regret learning it.

• Mod Organizer is a bit more complicated than other mod managers but once you learn to use it everything else seems way inferior.

This mod also makes combat feel better. It does not affect anything mechanically but everything seems meatier with it. Try it and see if you like it.