First Person Death

• So, with the previous thread on first person vs. third person deaths, I made a poll to neatly organize the community’s view on the issue.

• Seeing as there is multiple threads on this topic i thought i’d add my bit here.

First person deaths help one immerse in the atmosphere of the game, so i’d love to see them make a come back. That said, i’d like ranged deaths to be a 3rd person death so that you can tell which thing killed you: melee or ranged attack.

It’d help people to not feel that they had been exploited by “spam” or some other mystical power….

• @giantyak:

That said, i’d like ranged deaths to be a 3rd person death so that you can tell which thing killed you: melee or ranged attack.

It’d help people to not feel that they had been exploited by “spam” or some other mystical power….

Would break the immersion just as well imo, there is a killfeed for that.

• Options are always nice. Maybe based on the players PoV sounds best.

• @SOC:

Options are always nice. Maybe based on the players PoV sounds best.

What this guy wrote.

• I’d kind of like to have an option to have it be randomized. Sometimes, you wanna really EXPERIENCE all that BEING DEAD. Other times, you want to watch it happen.

• Play in 1st person, get 1st person deaths.

Play in 3rd person, get 3rd person deaths.

It really should be as simple as that.

• Damn I misclicked. Wanted to check the PoV one, clicked optional instead. :/