Chivalry Constant Freezing

• The entire game on my screen will just freeze up for up to 2 seconds. It happens at least twice a minute and it’s incredibly annoying. The game still continues, I can still attack and parry, but the screen just freezes. It’s not my monitor because it doesn’t freeze like this on any other game or while just browsing the web. Here’s my DxDiag.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s70xzzd1rwxoyy7/DxDiag.txt

• Sounds like a bad driver issue tbh, but not too sure.
    Did you try updating your video drivers?

• Well, for some reason after 3 restarts the problem stopped. Strange.

• Developer

You don’t have Powerstrip installed, do you? I noticed this happening with that sometimes. There could well be other programs that do the same thing though.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

You don’t have Powerstrip installed, do you? I noticed this happening with that sometimes. There could well be other programs that do the same thing though.

I’ve never even heard of Powerstrip :P. The problem went away after 3 restarts, so it’s not a big deal.

• I have on occasion, have had similar events happen where the game will just freeze for about 2 secs for no reason. I cannot relicate it, it just will happen but then it will not happen again during that play session.

I am assuming that it is a vid card driver crash and restart as that is what used to happen when I was Over clocking my Nvida Geforce 506Ti with the EVGA Precision. I would push the clock speed to 1000mhz then the freeze would happen and the clock speed would drop back to 900mhz. Then there was a crash log with the driver.

• Don’t mean to go gravedigging, but I just have to thank Flippy. Was having the same exact problem you described and it was driving me crazy. Tried everything: drivers, reinstall game, different hd, different ram etc. Then I saw this and just for sheets and giggles tried it, and 3 restarts solved my problem lmao. I don’t know how or why, but thank you sir.

• @Cenkus:

Don’t mean to go gravedigging, but I just have to thank Flippy. Was having the same exact problem you described and it was driving me crazy. Tried everything: drivers, reinstall game, different hd, different ram etc. Then I saw this and just for sheets and giggles tried it, and 3 restarts solved my problem lmao. I don’t know how or why, but thank you sir.

Did it completley freezed and crash after couple of seconds or did the game just go on?

• @Demonspree:

Did it completley freezed and crash after couple of seconds or did the game just go on?

The game goes on, you can still input commands and move around and attack stuff. You just can’t see any of it because it freeze-frames for 2 or so seconds.

• @Flippy:

The game goes on, you can still input commands and move around and attack stuff. You just can’t see any of it because it freeze-frames for 2 or so seconds.

aah oke, yeah I have a bigger problem, mine freezes and crashes just crash CMW doesn’t work anymore crash when joining or just joined a game, happened 5/6 days ago, had an question if I wanted to post a picture from the crash and the log files, did that 2/3 days ago with a video of the crash because than you can see the crash actually, still no solution or awnser like: Sorry this is new for us we try to fix it. So im pretty annoyed by the fact that I have the game but not be able to play it.:maddd:
    So yeah pretty f**d up :P.

• Mod

My laptop was doing exactly this. I rarely use my laptop though. Once every few months maybe. So it could just be the restart thing to fix it as well due to all the windows updates that came through.