StaticMesh modification

• Hello,
    I’m quite new with SDk and I’m wondering if it’s possible to change the material of a staticmesh (by example changing the texture of a tent in another color). I’ve tried to change it from the staticmesh editor but it seems that there is no way of saving/applying it. there is also no “staticMesh” option in the “new” button of the content browser. So, is there a way to change it in SDK or do I have to create a whole new staticmesh and how do I do that? how could I copy paste the staticmesh just to change the material??

• If you open up the proprieties of a mesh in the world you can override materials entries in the staticmesh component -> Rendering section in a similar way to the SM editor window.

• @NATO:

If you open up the proprieties of a mesh in the world you can override materials entries in the staticmesh component -> Rendering section in a similar way to the SM editor window.

Never leave this forum.

• Actually its not the same as sm editor, you just can change the staticmesh linked with the actor in the world
    More simply you just change the static mesh component
    by example: you clic and drag a tower from the content browser and go in its properties and change “staticmesh component” to the staticmesh of a tree it just will change your tower into a tree

Sorry if this is little comfuse, it get pretty hard to express with tecnical language

What I want to do is to change the texture and by that I mean the looking of a staticmesh, so it imply a change of the material (using texture) of the staticmesh.
    Basiclly I want to be able to make trees with orange leefs.

• Sorry I was pushed for time and didn’t give a great description.

Once you have a static mesh in the world, open up it’s options and expand the Static mesh component and then rendering. Under here there’s a materials list. If you don’t see an entry under materials like here just press the + to create another one. These match the material entries in the sm editor (under the LoD details) and hence you can change the materials of instance of meshes in the world.

See bellow;

• Omg thanks you very much!
    Sorry for not believing you :)

Is it possible to make a detail of the material applied ? like the tent that has green sides, how do i change just a part of the SM

Thanks you alot Nato again :)

• Nevermind i think i’ve found out, it depend on the area that use material [0],[1]… defined by the SM editor

• It’s not a problem ;)

As you can see here, I modified some tent materials & textures to look like this:

You just need some mad ms paint skillz

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3316078793942862865/9630836EB28BB745D868763209AE35CC34CF2EB6/

• As well as in the properties screen you can right click the object and select materials

for things like green marks or stains you but together a vertex painting material… the are various tb materials that use this you can investigate.