New camera position

• The new camera position is good. You just have to get used to it.

More view distance–-> higher ability to read feints and all the other crap they throw at you. This is ofcourse balanced out with the bubble reduction.

• ur signature soph LMAO

• I agree. The new camera is good. But if this means we need new terrible animations, I am as anti-new camera as it gets.
    Imho, model clipping from the player perspective was a non-issue.

• I personally don’t want it. I don’t understand why it’s needed. Same with new animations. Don’t make everybody learn weapon distances all over again because the perspective changed slightly. Just up the default FOV, as was suggested in the beta topic.

If people like the fact that it gives you more view distance, just up your FOV in live.

Call me conservative if you want, but the game is great right now. The only change I can get behind from here on out is a bubble reduction. After that, I would like to see patches go in the direction of bug fixes/new content. Radical balance/mechanics changes should be saved for a sequel if it’s planned.

You might say, “But the game can still be improved!” I think that maybe you’re right, but I’d rather see it be improved through new weapons, maps, classes (?), customization options…. as opposed to unnecessary changes to my viewpoint and animations that have become second nature over the course of a year+.

• @Sophax:

The new camera position is good. You just have to get used to it.

More view distance–-> higher ability to read feints and all the other crap they throw at you. This is ofcourse balanced out with the bubble reduction.

Yes, love the new camera. Will it take some getting used to? Sure, but in the end it will make it easy for the new players (The majority who never even edit their settings) to have a good experience with chivalry and perhaps help them to have a better view of the battlefield which can only help imo.

• Sadly the original camera angles were horrible, specially for archers and first person compared to AOC which had far more accurate camera angles for both. In my opinion, 3rd person should never have been introduced as that instantly split the community and gave 3rd person advantages over playing against a 1st person. The other thing that should have been limited was the FOV with a very small range thus forcing better balance across all players.

• does this mean people will stop whining about feints?

• @50ShadesofClay:

does this mean people will stop whining about feints?

Not untill it’s legalized…

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235638578