I used to be fine with reverse overheads, but…

• I think it’s pretty lame that you can miss a reverse overhead and still be able to land it on the way back around.

It’s like “hey, I fucked up, but it doesn’t matter, because I can just hit him during his parry recovery on the way back around!”

A maneuver with very little risk for a good number of weapons.

• To counter reverse overheads all you have to do is circle strafe to your right, their left. No matter what they do, they won’t be able to land the start, or the end of the reverse overhead.

• @Flippy:

To counter reverse overheads all you have to do is circle strafe to your right, their left. No matter what they do, they won’t be able to land the start, or the end of the reverse overhead.

They can choose which direction to turn in for a reverse overhead. That is not a counter, just a 50/50 guess for the defender. There’s plenty of ways to hide when someone is about to do a reverse overhead. At that point there is no footwork to be done, you either parry the initial hit or you dont. After that initial parry, you can’t turn fast enough to gtfo from the incoming turn around, moreso if its a very draggable weapon.

• It looks like monkey masturbation. I don’t care how effective it is, aesthetically it looks like librarian poo.

• Most of the time if you accidentally miss a reverse you can’t come back around, though there are consistent ways to feign a reverse and spin it around to hit them (intentional). It requires a good amount of situational awareness and timing to pull off properly.

Try holding S+A or S+D (depending on which side they rotate) and use your mouse to swing your body around. Should either make them miss or really easy to parry.

• @Flippy:

To counter reverse overheads all you have to do is circle strafe to your right, their left. No matter what they do, they won’t be able to land the start, or the end of the reverse overhead.

I think I usually do the opposite. When initiating my parry, I start running to their right, to where their strike should land if they missed me. That way I can easily connect my parry before they have time to react and delay it further.

Though most times someone misses me with a reverse attack, there’s plenty of time to back off for an easy punishment.

• @BillDoor:

It looks like monkey masturbation. I don’t care how effective it is, aesthetically it looks like librarian poo.

I agree, it’s a pity that some of the more high-skilled manoeuvres look so unrealistic (I know it’s not actually that hard to do).

• @Dr:

I agree, it’s a pity that some of the more high-skilled manoeuvres look so unrealistic (I know it’s not actually that hard to do).

Yes, it’s unrealistic, but it’s interesting, and adds to the combat diversity, which is always a good thing. I honestly don’t really have an issue with techniques like this, it is, after all, a video game. I’m not a champion player, but I don’t tend to have much trouble blocking reverse overheads, they’re fairly predictable and have a pretty big parry window.

• @NoVaLombardia:

I think it’s pretty lame that you can miss a reverse overhead and still be able to land it on the way back around.

It’s like “hey, I fucked up, but it doesn’t matter, because I can just hit him during his parry recovery on the way back around!”

A maneuver with very little risk for a good number of weapons.

In all my thousands of hours I have only (successfully) done that a handful of times, I don’t think its that big of a problem as some other things in the game although I agree that I have had it happen to me and it seems so cruel to get hit by it in your parry recovery.

• @Flippy:

Oh so thats what you do.

• @Flippy:

also, that depends if the guy doing the reverse overhead is stationary. If hes moving too then it doesn’t matter. Once more people start practicing this, gg.

• @NoVaLombardia:

also, that depends if the guy doing the reverse overhead is stationary. If hes moving too then it doesn’t matter. Once more people start practicing this, gg.

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu don’t tell anyone this is my special drag that no one knos beside someone like flipply or spook nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• I don’t mind reverse overheads done in first person. In their person it doesn’t take much skill at all to do.

Those third person 120FOV halberd users.

• flippy can shove his reverse overhead up his ass. It’s easy to do and the reward completely overshadows the risk.

Today i saw the most retarded reverse overhead. This rank 30 with a maul ran straight up to me, i didn’t move i just held my shield up, i looked at the direction of the swing just a bit downward (because i know what happens if i look down), the fucking maul went through the shield model which means my block did not count aaannnddd my head blew up. I wouldn’t have issues with this crap if the animations weren’t so misleading. The tracers tell the animations to go fuck themselves, there’s your perfect reverse overhead.

• Oh and the other thing i don’t like about them is that you can still get headshots with them, even though the first thing that is getting hit is your feet.

• i’m fine with them, some weapons are particularly annoying because you don’t really have time to react to them since they hit faster than a lookdown. The windup animation gets lost in the spin and you’re already hit by the time you realize it.

• ^

1hs for example but you’re silly if you try to do one of those. Poleaxe is another one, hard to see the windup so i just react to the spin.
    Reverse overhead with the messer, that one is special because of the tracer, it can hit you anywhere from my experience.

• Bubble’s about to be removed. Getting reverse-handle-overheaded by a polehammer or reverse-overheaded by a dagger would be pretty fun.
    Personally I feel reverse overheads are fine the way they are. Torn Banner obviously didn’t expect them to exist and some weapons are practically impossible to see coming this way, but (for an exploit) it’s pretty punishable.
    Block the reverse-overhead and riposte-overhead/stab or wait a sec. and watch him panic parry.

• Why do people keep calling it an exploit? When you break it down, all you do is look up in the air, and do and overhead with your back facing your opponent. The only way to possibly “fix” this, is if they implemented some artificial bullshit like reducing the damage done if you’re looking above the center of you’re view.

• ^ don’t give them ideas