Possible to have more than 120fps?

• I would like to have 144fps, is that possible?

VSync is disabled.

UDKEngine.ini:

bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=62
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=146
    ```yields **90fps**

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=62
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=146

Any ideas?

• Even if I put mine to 200 it still caps at 120. I think that’s the engine itself.

• It was fixed and capped to 120 because if you use 200 fps in this game, you’re desync and you can even become invisible with more than that lol.

• @Edmund:

It was fixed and capped to 120 because if you use 200 fps in this game, you’re desync and you can even become invisible with more than that lol.

Yes, also unless your monitor can support more than 120hz then there is (in theory) no reason to put it higher.

• Oh that’s sad. Wish the limit could be raised to 144 fps. Thanks for the replies!

• Ok, when you add True to the smooth frame rate, you are forcing the engine to try and produce that FPS. When you have it at false it goes to the defaults of 90 FPS for Online play yet you can hit 200+fps. But in off line play your FPS has no cap if you set it to false, only on online play does it cap at 90 FPS if it is not set to true

• @Retsnom:

When you have it at false it goes to the defaults of 90 FPS for Online play yet you can hit 200+fps

I don’t understand what you are trying to say. You can hit 200+ fps in offline play, but not in multiplayer.

• @Eic:

I don’t understand what you are trying to say. You can hit 200+ fps in offline play, but not in multiplayer.

Looks like you do understand lol