I need some help and advice about my server

• Some of you might know I’m currently renting a server called: FFA - Fall to your Death - Community Pudding
    For those of you who don’t know it’s a server for my very silly map. Most of the gameplay consists of stabbing/kicking people of ledges and having a good chaotic time.

I did not think it would be popular, but I was rather wrong. For the past few days it has been very full only going down to 0 players from about 3AM to 8AM. Sometime there is a queue of about 10 players to get in. It’s currently got 16 slots and don’t intend to increase that as it would get too chaotic.

Obviously I’m glad my server is popular but I don’t know how to proceed. I want to start running a second server but I can’t afford it. I have setup a widget on my site asking for donations for a second server, but the idea of asking for money unsettles me somewhat.

Any ideas how I should proceed? Right now I think the best way forward would be to encourage people to run my map on their server. But yeah, I don’t know what to do.

• I think it’s a bit like low gravity servers. Don’t seem interesting or serious enough at first but someone will eventually dare try it out(or in your case, put the map on their server) and see if it’s fun.

I for one would like to see this map on a server, but with more gamemodes. CTF would be awesome.

• Well I liked your map design so I tried to setup my server to use your maps.

But I am not sure if you gave your maps an unconventional name.

I use simrai and all the other maps work, I added your steam url to download, refreshed it and setup my maplist

Maplist=AOCFFA-FallToYourDeath2
    Maplist=AOCLTS-FallToYourDeath2
    Maplist=AOCCTF-FallToYourDeath2
    Maplist=AOCTD-FallToYourDeath2

but does not load, cant open the map. On your steam page you put a .udk extension on your mapnames that nobody else does.

anyway maybe I will try again later.

• I’m unsure why it’s not working for you. Those map names are completely correct.

That part of the steam page is actually done automatically by the SDK frontend, so that’s completely normal it’s just most people edit the description and remove that part. I actually use SimRai too, and my server runs it fine.

Have you used mods on your server before? I know they can interfere with map rotations, so you will need to delete all those mods from the file manager under “UDKGame\CookedSDK” then re-download them after you have changed the map list.

Also don’t use that CTF map yet, it doesn’t work properly right now. :)

• The devs are working at this; But as Nyle said; Say you have a maprotation set, you install a mod, the mod takes that maprotation and puts it into it’s own config file, overruling the one in UDKGame.ini. It’s pretty high priority for the devs.

Also, hey SimRai customers!