Heroism

• Just a little idea (Ill let you decide on the details)
    Heroism: An adrenaline rush (usable item like firepot) gained by completing objectives. When used, it increases stamina regen rate whilst fighting multiple opponents (though the ‘multiple opponents’ detection might be tricky)
    Brothers in Arms: Being able to actively help teamies (Without turning a group of people into a walking tank).
    These 2 options could be balanced by being combined. For example, somebody who has just died/passed out can be helped ‘back up’ by a teammate who has just commited an act of heroism (for example snatching the bridge board and fighting 3 defenders alone in order to get it back).

Comment, brainstorm on the idea please. I would elaborate if it weren’t for the fact that I should have been asleep already :V.

• Developer

I hope I am understanding your post correctly by thinking of it as a “special ability” or Perk you can enable after completing an objective?

If so, it is something we have thought about, but have decided against primarily because it interferes with our design goals of having the game skill-based. Players who are doing very well have natural momentum gained by confidence of dispatching their opponents successfully. We believe this is as true in real life as it is in our game and that providing additional advantages to players is double compensating for that fact.

As a side note, stamina will be very different from its function in Age of Chivalry, and will seriously negate the previous punishing effects of fighting multiple opponents.

• Okay, the underlying thought was some epic 300 (movie) style outnumbered-but-not-outmanned moment. So if getting a gameplay-influencing reward isn’t balanced, you might think of something like some epic medieval music starting to play or something of the sorts -> Something to encourage courageousness (Without making people run into an enemy crowd all the time :P)

• @Tibberius:

I hope I am understanding your post correctly by thinking of it as a “special ability” or Perk you can enable after completing an objective?

If so, it is something we have thought about, but have decided against primarily because it interferes with our design goals of having the game skill-based. Players who are doing very well have natural momentum gained by confidence of dispatching their opponents successfully. We believe this is as true in real life as it is in our game and that providing additional advantages to players is double compensating for that fact.

As a side note, stamina will be very different from its function in Age of Chivalry, and will seriously negate the previous punishing effects of fighting multiple opponents.

I love you :D:D

• @dragonfury:

Okay, the underlying thought was some epic 300 (movie) style outnumbered-but-not-outmanned moment. So if getting a gameplay-influencing reward isn’t balanced, you might think of something like some epic medieval music starting to play or something of the sorts -> Something to encourage courageousness (Without making people run into an enemy crowd all the time :P)

If I’m fighting several opponents at once in a multiplayer melee game, I get excited without needing the game to do that for me :P. Overall not a bad suggestion, but it sounds a bit, well, gamey or artificial, while not being all that necessary. And of course what Tibberius said. If you want to be not outmanned while outnumbered, you simply have to be more skilled at the game than your opponents.

• I agree with thenarrator and tibbs, because having an item that would buff me and my teammates sounds like tf2’s buff banner

• Developer

I realize this has strayed from your original idea but just wanted to mention that we are planning on doing something along the lines of your altered suggestion which was the kill 3 people = epic music. We’re going to be including “auto-response voice over”, which is most well known in Left for Dead with the characters randomly saying things to add more audio flavour to the gameplay. This will be the game recognizing the players accomplishment in some small way that won’t be arcadey. So rather than seeing 4x bonus OH YEAH YOU ROCK on your screen in florescent pink when you get 3 kills, maybe instead your character chuckles to himself over his recent carnage or calls out his next unfortunate opponent.

• i want my warcry to be spoon once i kill at least 10 of my enemies…my mighty roar will be hear throughout the land, and my enemies will cower in their meek armor…SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!

• If yours is Spoon Vox… then I want mine to be the tried and true… IT BURNS!! :mrgreen:

• I didn’t realize Vox was old enough to appreciate Tick references. I’ve misjudged him. It shan’t happen again.

• Also when you kill x amount of people in a row by means of backstabbing them you should have the player say the Agathan ‘sorry’ taunt ('Apologies). I do it manually almost every time because it’s just that bit more awesome, especially when you do this to the enemy archer line :V.

Though a button to switch this off would be good since some people might get annoyed by it