What's faster?

• Hey guys sorry if this is the wrong part to be posting this but I was wondering what is faster out of a crouch backwards overhead or a look down :)

• Usually reverse overheads will hit faster, as the weapon animation transitions from windup to release inside the opponent’s body, thus eliminating the time it takes for the weapon to travel between you and the opponent. Some weapons, like polearms, can do handlehits though, which, as the name would suggest, is an attack that hits the enemy with the handle right at the start of release. So some lookdowns are just as fast as reverse overheads, but reverse overheads are guaranteed to be very fast if you hit with them, unlike handlehits, where you have to be relatively close to the enemy for them to work properly.

• I think it’s reverse overhead. Greatsword lookdown comes close, however.

• @Rickvs:

I think it’s reverse overhead. Greatsword lookdown comes close, however.

Claymore is faster ever so slightly. As is the SOW. They all have the same animations.

• doesn’t really matter the weapon, the reverse overhead is always faster. Reduce the bubble and this might change to being more equal.

• @lemonater47:

Claymore is faster ever so slightly. As is the SOW. They all have the same animations.

Sorry, I meant relative to it’s normal swinging speed. The Claymore and Sword of War are already fast in their other attacks. The Greatsword is slow compared to those but achieves almost the same lookdown speed.

• As long as the blade is touching the opponent when the windup ends, both will hit as soon as the release starts.
    Back swing: Less range, but can be used after a fake delayed drag (look up and instead of delaying, turn around and insta-hit). If parried, it’s kinda hard to defend the riposite.
    Lookdown: More range and easier to land, but not as deceptive, and have a higher chance of accidentaly hitting the ground. A safer and more orthodox maneuver.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah but the greatsword clips around like a bitch and doesn’t flow naturally like the claymore, which makes the GS harder to block.

• @Xylvion:

Yeah but the greatsword clips around like a bitch and doesn’t flow naturally like the claymore, which makes the GS harder to block.

Yet it has the same animations as the rest.

The problem with the greatsword is its own stats are balanced making it bad at nothing. But instead of making it good at nothing too they made it good at everything. The greatsword has a lot of control with high damage and decent speed. Its supposed to be a new player friendly weapon but its a tad too good.