Customization on/off switches

• This is a simple request.

Certain aspects of customization I like, such as changing the clothing patterns and helmets, but others I don’t, such as emblems and colors. Preemptively, I’m also going to say I don’t like the Barbarian models, but I do like the new knight models.

Add on and off switches for different fields of customization. For example…

Enable/Disable pattern customization
    Enable/Disable color customization
    Enable/Disable emblem customization
    Enable/Disable helmet customization
    Enable/Disable Barbarians
    Enable/Disable DLC Knights

Simple, right? If that’s too difficult however, there should just be a feature that disables customization entirely. There’s nothing difficult about this request at all. The biggest possible roadblock here is a lack of willingness to do so.

And no, the Chiv+ solution only works if a server has Chiv+ on it. A very small minority of servers are even running Chiv+.

• I said it in another thread already: I play in first person view, so I don’t buy customization stuff with real money if I can’t show it off. I realize this is selfish but that’s how I think it is.

Colors however are a thing that can be talked about. I suppose colors are also the most irritating on the battlefied.

• Right, customization is meant to be shown off - clientside on/off switches would destroy it (also includes colors). If you really want to play without customization search yourself a Chiv+ server. Just like I search myself a server without class limits instead of demanding a removal of this option.

But its a good idea for server options and I support it there. But no clientside switch please.

• No client side switch? Why? So the server forces it on everyone. That’s silly.

• Clientside is silly - as you could just turn off the customization of others at will. Serverside would give them the feedback that they are looking different now. As I said the whole purpose of customization is to be able to decide how others see you.

You could also provide a serverside option (disabled by default of course) to allow clientside disabling.

• @Evil:

Clientside is silly - as you could just turn off the customization of others at will. Serverside would give them the feedback that they are looking different now. As I said the whole purpose of customization is to be able to decide how others see you.

You could also provide a serverside option (disabled by default of course) to allow clientside disabling.

That’s a poor way of wording it, even though I know what you mean. It’s not like I’m shutting off THEIR customization, I’m shutting of MY customization.

Look at it this way. If I’m in an old quake game and I type in the console /ignore “insertname,” it’s not as if I’ve utterly silenced that person from speaking, I’ve just stopped being able to see what that person says. I understand your position and I’m most likely the minority when I say I don’t like full on customization. Really, my main beef is with color schemes and barbarians. Helmets, clothing patterns, emblems, and the DLC knights are cool and don’t detract much from my experience.

My main problem is simply not being able to judge what is what by looking at silhouettes (barbarians) and having a slightly harder time distinguishing friend from foe (colors). Having different levels of customization disabling would be the best compromise for everyone.

• Lol look at these poor boys… same thread was ~yearago and TB decided to not implement this shitty idea. Chiv+ for you and dont whine anymore.

• Thanks for your outstanding input on this issue DamnForgot.

• There is no point in arguing further. You will not stop trying to take thing away from people because you don’t like how they use it. Otherwise this topic would not exist and you would be happily enjoying your customization-free game on a Chiv+ server while other would enjoy the not-customization-free game on an other server.

• This is a you problem.

• @Evil:

There is no point in arguing further. You will not stop trying to take thing away from people because you don’t like how they use it. Otherwise this topic would not exist and you would be happily enjoying your customization-free game on a Chiv+ server while other would enjoy the not-customization-free game on an other server.

Fuck you for forcing your shit customization on me.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Fuck you for forcing your shit customization on me.

Why would anyone force crap on crap?

• @Hitom:

Why would anyone force crap on crap?

loloo topkek

• @rumpelstiltskin:

loloo topkek

Question dodger :(

• @Hitom:

Question dodger :(

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Cool story bro, how much you charge a hit?
    And where to learn gorilla warfare? Amazon jungle? Sounds awesome.

• @Hitom:

Cool story bro, how much you charge a hit?
    And where to learn gorilla warfare? Amazon jungle? Sounds awesome.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231887967&searchtext

• lets be honest, customizations are the Chivalry equivalent of a selfie. It only matters to the narcissist. It is visual masturbation because really no one cares about it other than I dont want to see half naked Conan types running around and still there is not a single hot babe skin in Chiv…. How gay are you?

• @Retsnom:

lets be honest, customizations are the Chivalry equivalent of a selfie. It only matters to the narcissist. It is visual masturbation because really no one cares about it other than I dont want to see half naked Conan types running around and still there is not a single hot babe skin in Chiv…. How gay are you?

Excuse me for liking to play virtual dressup in videogames.

• To them you are forcing your appearance on them. How dare you looking different! Its a little bit like the “school uniform” debate. Some people just don’t believe people should be allowed to dress the way they want.