[WIP] Fortification map contest - Malric's Forbode

• [Update#8:

4/24/14: We are working on better spawn points and adding in more markers. Stay tuned!

Thanks for staying tuned with us and liking/ subscribing to our map. We want to provide the best we can for you guys and make a really enjoyable map for the community.

Map Name: Malric’s Forbode

Each section has its own objective mode.

1st objective: Push Cart/ Ram Gate
    2nd objective:Use trebuchet to destroy shrine
    3rd objective: Kill the necro+ other objectives

We will further update you guys on what’s going on shortly. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions

• Nice looking map ! Looks fun.

• Nice 2D map. Be interesting to see in 3D!

• Latest version of the 2D map, it was updated tonight to give more of an understanding to map asset placement and gameplay opportunities, alot of the emphasis has been placed around the bridge area on the first objective. The second objective area is to be detached from the first objective area to make space for the second objective. we’re trying to diversify the environments as much as possible to keep players interested, in the first area we are using as much of the environment as possible, then as you progress throughout the map it will become more and more built up. All buildings will be smashed / broken up if we have time to create the assets.

Lementios is currently learning the sdk to allow us to create the landscape, we’ve already ran into a bunch of problems but he’s finding his way around em. I just recently concepted a sawmill building that will be placed over the water fall on the bottom part of the river, ive thought over the mechanics of the building and hopefully i can make a conveyor floor so it will drag players off the edge of the cliff if they stay on it for too long. Should be great if we get it to work haha xD

• @Andrew:

Nice 2D map. Be interesting to see in 3D!

totally, sounds like it would work well. Are you planning to add some more, maybe smaller, cover items in the outside area. Looks like it could be quite sparse.

Good luck :)

• This post is deleted!

• Thanks! yes we do plan to add little assets here and there, and will test them out to see how they function in game, but good idea to keep in mind.

• [Update: new screenshot and explained level design]

We’ve been running into some issues with SDK lately, which I’ll further describe at the bottom if anyone may want to private message me about how to fix this, It would be greatly appreciated!!

So this is our original design:

and this is our design currently:

Each section has its own objective mode.

1st objective: Push Cart/ Ram Gate
    2nd objective:Use trebuchet to destroy shrine
    3rd objective: Kill the necro

We have made some of our own assets ( credits to BMikes,DillutedJuice)
    Bridge1:
    Bridge2:
    Cave1:
    Cave2:

We will further update you guys on what’s going on shortly. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions

Issue: Made a terrain using landscape editor in SDK with no new textures or materials used other than what is already provided. So when we share our map file and open it in SDK, we get prompted with this message " the following resources were not found. any references to them were set to null. " Below it says " Missing objects" and below that " Material Mypackage.Ground in ChivalryMap_New_Updated"

If anyone recognizes this issue, please message me. We’d greatly appreciate the help guys.

• @Lementios:

Issue: Made a terrain using landscape editor in SDK with no new textures or materials used other than what is already provided. So when we share our map file and open it in SDK, we get prompted with this message " the following resources were not found. any references to them were set to null. " Below it says " Missing objects" and below that " Material Mypackage.Ground in ChivalryMap_New_Updated"

Missing the texture or material file in your UDK package somehow? Try fully loading the package first in the asset browser before opening the level.

• Developer

@Lementios:

If anyone recognizes this issue, please message me. We’d greatly appreciate the help guys.

Sounds like the terrain material is in a package “Mypackage.upk”, and you didn’t also give that to whoever you gave the map package to?

• This post is deleted!

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Sounds like the terrain material is in a package “Mypackage.upk”, and you didn’t also give that to whoever you gave the map package to?

Well it was made by another member of mine, so he gave me the package yesterday shortly after making my recent post, but I still am having the same issue. It is only the terrain material that isn’t loading up like you’ve mentioned. Is there a special place the Mypackage.upk is supposed to go? I tried many folders in the chivalry directory, but no luck still.

• This looks like a fantastic concept! I wonder what this “Necromancer” will be kitted with.

• testing this thread

• I really like how you have the 3 visually separate areas, should make a game on there really interesting!

• Making headway!

• We will see!

• Yes ! Another ram pushing and king murder ! The agathians use bombs rams for opening gates not battling ram.

• That is a good point, plus the agathian ram pushing objective is quite lengthy in this map so it could be a good idea to use a bomb ram. Thanks for the info :)

• I put some irony in my comment. I am not happy to see a wave of rams, burning villages and killing a commander/king/necromancer(it could be fun if the necromancer have fire and explosions like in the holy grail