[WIP] Fortification map contest - Malric's Forbode

• @Dr.Medic:

Looks fantastic! Only thing I hope you guys do is have the Necromancers castle interior be really creepy or at least different than default castle.

Thanks! And yes! I am working on the castle to have a custom look from the exterior to the interior. Glad you had the same idea lol.

• @NATO:

There seem to be a ton of missing meshes and the like, I think your streaming solution may not be working.

Yeah we are trying to work that out atm. Hoping we can solve this issue soon for you

• This is amazing!!!

• We apologize if you are having trouble with the map loading up properly and are working on it at the moment. We have 3 levels streaming into a 4th and they all do not seem to be loading into the workshop correctly. So, if you are missing water, meshes such as the roof to the cave, that will be fixed soon.
    If everything is loading up for you it will be helpful if you drop a comment and let us know how it’s working out! Everything is still a big WIP but we will have it ready for the competition. We are still very new to this but we will have update notes as we keep working so you will know what is going on.

The map is uploaded for you to look around, if it is working correctly you should be able to play the first objective by pressing ( ~ ) then type ( Addbots 10) or space and any number.

Comment or leave any feedback and we will do our best to stay in touch with you guys.
    Thanks and have fun! -Bmikes

• @BosnianHero:

This is amazing!!!

lol thanks! appreciate the motivation!

• We now have it so when you enter the cave it sounds like you’re truly in a cave with racks falling and the lava bubbling. We also have the AI in the cave along with a few other new things! Getting closer, we will let you know when we release the update!

• New video you can check out with some info!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_98GAN6Ps4U&feature=youtu.be

• Update time: 4/9/14 9am EST
    We will be updating our cave which will have new cool effects such as bats! kill volume for lava! and destructible ceiling rocks and shrine!!

• Looking good! The bats sound awesome XD

• A few areas before the castle that struck me as odd were:

1. The tree root at the beginning spawn gets in the way of your character’s path

2. Wooden ramp in cave - very tricky to climb up

3. On the bridge after getting up the ramp, there’s a plank sticking up that you can’t walk over, requires jump.

4. The steps into the house you have, you can’t go up (if you scaled the house model strangely, you can actually turn off collision of it, then put collision boxes on it + ‘hidden’ meshes that have good “ramp” collision")

5. I was able to climb out of the level at the Mason gate (1st obj)

6. The mason gate/castle entrance was floating off the ground

7. Idk if this is final but the lava upscaled so much (and moving so fast) looks more bad than it does good. I know the lava is limited in the game, but it’s possible to add the lava material to water if you can figure that out.

8. Idk if this is final either, but try avoiding upscaling anything that was small (firepits) - build a fire pit instead with the fire emitter + rocks. It’ll look much nicer.

9. A catapult didn’t work

10. Another catapult (first one I found) was in a ramp, and couldn’t shoot)

• @Sir:

A few areas before the castle that struck me as odd were:

1. The tree root at the beginning spawn gets in the way of your character’s path

2. Wooden ramp in cave - very tricky to climb up

3. On the bridge after getting up the ramp, there’s a plank sticking up that you can’t walk over, requires jump.

4. The steps into the house you have, you can’t go up (if you scaled the house model strangely, you can actually turn off collision of it, then put collision boxes on it + ‘hidden’ meshes that have good “ramp” collision")

5. I was able to climb out of the level at the Mason gate (1st obj)

6. The mason gate/castle entrance was floating off the ground

7. Idk if this is final but the lava upscaled so much (and moving so fast) looks more bad than it does good. I know the lava is limited in the game, but it’s possible to add the lava material to water if you can figure that out.

8. Idk if this is final either, but try avoiding upscaling anything that was small (firepits) - build a fire pit instead with the fire emitter + rocks. It’ll look much nicer.

9. A catapult didn’t work

10. Another catapult (first one I found) was in a ramp, and couldn’t shoot)

Thanks for the info, working on it all right now.

• @Bmikes:

Thanks for the info, working on it all right now.

I also slowed the lava down for now but we are going to try and replace it all with our own custom UV so it will flow the way we want it to. I’m going to try at least. It wont change until the next update though but you were very helpful

• I hope you can change the bridges over the lava as well, wooden bridges wouldn’t last long with that kind of heat.

• I can’t play on your map, it says that needs to download packages or something.
    (I can play other maps normally)

• @leynadix:

I can’t play on your map, it says that needs to download packages or something.
    (I can play other maps normally)

This^ And it was kinda sad since for once there was people on the contest servers :(

• This post is deleted!

• @Miene:

This^ And it was kinda sad since for once there was people on the contest servers :(

Sorry about that guys, we spoke to a dev and he will see if he can help our server up and running. We’ll update you guys as soon as possible when we get further notice. In the meantime, you guys are welcome to let us know what you think of our map so far.

What could our map use?
    What does it not do enough of?
    Is it fun to play?
    What would you do differently? etc.

Thanks for following our progress guys, and if you need any help with anything, feel free to ask.

• It’s understandable. I know stuff breaks, alot :)

Since I couldn’t play the map I can’t really give any feedback ^^

• @Miene:

It’s understandable. I know stuff breaks, alot :)

Since I couldn’t play the map I can’t really give any feedback ^^

You couldn’t open the map using the console neither?

open AOCTO-Malric

• Oh, but I was just playing. More fun to test and also better to test with other players. I will try to play tomorrow during the official test event. If it works by then, I will test it then.