The majority of Aussie players play Custom content.

• Hiya guys,

I thought I’d just point out that an interesting trend has happened down here in Aus.

Over the last couple of weeks there has been more and more people playing custom content in AusLand, to the point where the majority of players now play custom content.

Most of it happens with Yarnu’s Custom Maps server (32 player server) and I must say, some of those custom maps available are of excellent quality and run very well, no unexplained loss of FPS for instance (I’m looking at you Citadel).

If people aren’t playing on Yarnus server (probably because it fell apart trying to contain so much awesome) they are playing The Black Knight mod or Giant Slayer. The remaining few players are generally battling it out on stock FFA servers.

There have been a few instances of this in the gaming world, Rocket Arena for instance, more people ended up playing that then stock Quake. Counter Strike mod for Half Life is another example where custom content players exceeded stock players.

Are similar things happening across the Seas? Do you EU and 'merican players smash the custom content or are your players still content with stock offerings?

Also, three cheers for Yarnu for offering such a quality,well ran server.

• Some clan servers run mods, custom maps, and such.

I’ve found that at least for pubbing, most people in NA east/central stick it out on the official TO/TDM/FFA/LTS servers.

I’d love to see more officials with custom content though.

• The West Coast Giant Slayers server has more people than Tb’s Team Objective servers sometimes, but I’d say in general, no, people are still playing vanilla. Once TB starts integrating mods and maps into official servers, the second life of the game will begin.

• @SHH_:

I’ve found that at least for pubbing, most people in NA east/central stick it out on the official TO/TDM/FFA/LTS servers.

Yep, this has been my observation as well.

• @Toll:

Hiya guys,

I thought I’d just point out that an interesting trend has happened down here in Aus.

Over the last couple of weeks there has been more and more people playing custom content in AusLand, to the point where the majority of players now play custom content.

Most of it happens with Yarnu’s Custom Maps server (32 player server) and I must say, some of those custom maps available are of excellent quality and run very well, no unexplained loss of FPS for instance (I’m looking at you Citadel).

If people aren’t playing on Yarnus server (probably because it fell apart trying to contain so much awesome) they are playing The Black Knight mod or Giant Slayer. The remaining few players are generally battling it out on stock FFA servers.

There have been a few instances of this in the gaming world, Rocket Arena for instance, more people ended up playing that then stock Quake. Counter Strike mod for Half Life is another example where custom content players exceeded stock players.

Are similar things happening across the Seas? Do you EU and 'merican players smash the custom content or are your players still content with stock offerings?

Also, three cheers for Yarnu for offering such a quality,well ran server.

Yeah I agree, yesterday was particularly good as the custom map server was almost full all day. Pity some of the bigger maps put people off due to the download and some maps have glitchy beginnings (particularly LTS maps that have weird spawning issues) that make people quit.

I think Brazil has a fairly good custom map population?

• Yeah Yarnu has to ditch those LTS maps, they are generally of poor quality, glitches galor. Like that one with the log bridge across a big chasm. You easily get stuck going into the tunnel and there is an area of the water that prevents anything but stabs from hitting.