Calling all noobs! Come train in new team destruction arena vs bots!

• AOCTD-arenaground
    Steam server workshop File ID: -SDKFileId=235970781

screenshot: http://straygenius.com/files/arenaground.jpg

This team destruction map is a fixed up version of one of the example arena maps, with a nasty pit under the bridge. Because the map is fairly simple to traverse, it’s good to practice on against bots (AI - computer characters) and therefore a good place for noobs to train. I have just been learning the Chivalry editor (a few days now), which is why “arenaground” is simple.

If you are new to Chivalry and wish to practice your MMO skills before venturing into a regular online game, email me (straygenius@hawaii.rr.com) and we can set up a time so I can host the map and play, my server is “Stray Noobs Training Arena” but I don’t run it all the time, or even on a schedule. Anyway, if you choose to use the map with me hosting it on my server, you don’t need to set up anything, just join my server (assuming you arranged a time to do this).

• Training against bots would only make you a worse player. Play on classic duel servers against good players if you want to get better.

• @Flippy:

Training against bots would only make you a worse player. Play on classic duel servers against good players if you want to get better.

I think this is meant to help new players learn the game mechanics.

• @Mockingbirch:

I think this is meant to help new players learn the game mechanics.

There’s already a tutorial for that.

• @Flippy:

There’s already a tutorial for that.

Which is truly, truly awful. Unless they cleaned it up. Been quite awhile since I’ve run through it, honestly. But last time I did, it was the shoddiest thing in the game.

• The “Stray Noobs Training Arena” server is set up to loop the training arena map, with 4 bots, continuously. The map is now at V1.4, the latest fix was to block all ranged attacks into and out of the spawns. Keeps players from easily using the spawn as bow cover or using other ranged attacks without fear of being hit. Again, I do not run the server all the time, best to contact me if you don’t see it in the list (search filter “stray” should find it).

• BTW the server command line I used for launching from a windows batch file is:

UDK.exe server AOCTD-arenaground?steamsockets?numplay=4?autobalance=true -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -SDKFileId=235970781

Remove or change “numplay=4?” as that is for adding four bots (remove for no bots in the game).