CMW.exe crash on Citadel

• Might be the old bug related to Citadel I’ve heard before. It was playing the second objective after all.

But anyway, I got shot by an enemy archer RIGHT when I riposte-overheaded an enemy vanguard. I heard the ‘beheading-splatter’. Then the screen froze for a mere second before the error showed up.

On one hand it would seem like the typical 2nd objective crash on Citadel that’s apparently happened many times before. On the other it crashed right at a very coincidental moment. Getting hit at the very same time as killing someone. Maybe that’s the original cause of the old Citadel bug all along, who knows? (Except for Jon, he Knows)

Let me know if you need dumps or logs, whatever.(also how to obtain those :D)
    I highly doubt it’ll happen again anytime soon, though.

• @Rickvs:

Might be the old bug related to Citadel I’ve heard before. It was playing the second objective after all.

But anyway, I got shot by an enemy archer RIGHT when I riposte-overheaded an enemy vanguard. I heard the ‘beheading-splatter’. Then the screen froze for a mere second before the error showed up.

On one hand it would seem like the typical 2nd objective crash on Citadel that’s apparently happened many times before. On the other it crashed right at a very coincidental moment. Getting hit at the very same time as killing someone. Maybe that’s the original cause of the old Citadel bug all along, who knows? (Except for Jon, he Knows)

Let me know if you need dumps or logs, whatever.(also how to obtain those :D)
    I highly doubt it’ll happen again anytime soon, though.

If you get it to happen again, please provide a log and dmp

• Global Moderator

I think you missed the bit where he said “how to obtain those”.

• Your first mistake was to play Citadel

• Developer

@lemonater47:

I think you missed the bit where he said “how to obtain those”.

In the documents directory:

On Vista/7/8:

C:\Users<username>\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs

Log files have the .log extension, memory dumps have .dmp. We need both, ideally; the logs can provide some indication of what was happening before the crash and sometimes are enough to deduce what happened, while memory dumps provide a snapshot of the game’s state at the time of the crash.</username>

• @CrustaceanSoup:

In the documents directory:

On Vista/7/8:

C:\Users<username>\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs

Log files have the .log extension, memory dumps have .dmp. We need both, ideally; the logs can provide some indication of what was happening before the crash and sometimes are enough to deduce what happened, while memory dumps provide a snapshot of the game’s state at the time of the crash.</username>

I experienced the citadel crash at the 2nd objective several times too. I cannot confirm Rickvs’ assumption though, the crashes appeared pretty random (at least from my perspective). If the crash happens, then almost all clients crash at once. Sometimes some people are untroubled from the crash and will just witness a mass disconnect.

This is my .log file from today after I had to restart my pc because of said crash. There were no other files with today’s date so I only uploaded this one.

Download

• Another log from a crash on citadel at 2nd objective.

Download

• Another one.

Download

• Some games have a thing, that when a game crashes, it automaticly sends dump files & logs to the studio/company.

That would be usefull for chiv devs, I think (if possible).

• Another one. :D

Download

• Mod

One from me. Second objective… Had to change the launch.log to a .txt file to upload.

• I’ve seen half the server go bye bye at the second stage of citadel several times. Sometimes the ping even gets to 200-400 or more and again 20 people are gone.

• It just happened to me. Here are my files : http://forums.tornbanner.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1188&stc=1&d=1407695513

It surprised me because it’s rare when I crash. You will have to search a bit cause I never clean the logs xD

Can I delete all the files ? Will the game recreate new ones ?

• This is still an issue, the last two times I played citadel like 80% of the players including myself crashed at the 2nd stage.

• Still crashing on second objective.

• I think we can already celebrate the crash’s jubilee since it’s still unfixed.

• fuck these crashes

• Global Moderator

Oh yeah these still happen. Severe one happened yesterday. Server from 32 to 4.

• That must suck. Doesn’t happen on console

• Really citadel should just be taken out of rotation for these crashes, just makes the game look like a piece of crap.