[WIP] Fortification Conest map AOCTO-CastleRock

• Workshop Link

The Agathians are busy fighting in Stoneshill and left few men to protect Castle Rock. The Masons wait till dawn and launch an attack on the weak fortress.

1. Masons must burn the crops, chop down the great tree, and then shoot the gate control with one of the ballistas

2. Masons must push the catapult into the castle courtyard to destroy two gate. There is one gate in the way that has a board holding it on, Mason players have to get inside and destroy it to let the catapult go any further.

3. Masons must push the Golden Malric statue onto the cart. Once done, Agatha’s spawn is pushed back and the cart must be pushed by the masons onto the crane/elevator. (The spawns are going to be unbalanced until I can some feedback.)

4. Masons, Kill the Duke before the ship gets around to the docks. If the Duke is on the boat when the boat is 10 secs past the docks, Agatha wins.

The deadline was drawing closer so I had to work a little faster and have overlooked a few things. I’d appreciate some feed back on:
    -Objective balance (time for pushables, paths, how long the last obj should take for the ship, etc.)
    -Spawn point balance

Known Bugs:
    -When Masons win first obj it will tell them they failed, and Agatha won.
    -Some missing textures and particle emitters
    -1 or 2 Hud markers don’t turn off
    -Catapult fidgety to enter
    -Catapult has no move animation and moves too fast
    -Docks have bad collision, be careful if you’re gonna jump in the boat
    -Objectives don’t give points yet
    -More I can’t think of right now

Changelog:

4/30 First release

• Assault objectives
    1. Will entail razing the crops, chopping down their Great Tree, and pulling down the statue in the square.
    2. Open the gate from the inside, push the catapult through, destroy the gate and castle entrance
    3. Ignite the powder cache. This will be interior fighting mostly, the Mason’s will try to light the powder catch in hopes of signaling the ships to send in troops to completely secure the castle, as well as destroying the underground cave’s access to the dock with ready ships.
    4. Kill the duke. A duke (king model so far) will be selected as the Stoneshill map does. The duke will spawn at the beginning of the cave system, and must make it to the docks and wait for the ship, while the main Agatha spawn will be the docks the whole objective, unsure about Masons spawn for last obj right now. (How long should the ship take; 3 mins? 5 mins? longer?)

New Look from above, minor differences in objectives compared to the pic above. I’m not gonna make another layout picture like above until I’m completely done with the mesh placement.

• Yeah ladders ! Can ladders be carried by 2 men for a much difficult objective ?

• This post is deleted!

• Making progress, updated second post.

Pic of first Obj fighting area:

Shot of the gardens from perspective:

I’ve been busy. Which sucks because I’ve been enjoying making this map. I’ll try to have another update by the end of the week.

• Ok after losing about 15 hours of work exactly a month ago and then my car, chainsaw, and about everything else broke down around the same time, I’m finally ready for a first release of this map[/bitching]. I’ll be uploading it to the workshop later today once I play through a couple times and check for obvious bugs. Here’s some screens:

The objectives are all working (AFAIK) and are as follows:

1. Masons must burn the crops, chop down the great tree, and then shoot the gate control with one of the ballistas

2. Masons must push the catapult into the castle courtyard to destroy two gate. There is one gate in the way that has a board holding it on, Mason players have to get inside and destroy it to let the catapult go any further.

3. Masons must push the Golden Malric statue onto the cart. Once done, Agatha’s spawn is pushed back and the cart must be pushed by the masons onto the crane/elevator. (The spawns are going to be unbalanced until I can some feedback.)

4. Masons, Kill the Duke before the ship gets around to the docks. If the Duke is on the boat when the boat is 10 secs past the docks, Agatha wins.

Also, I changed the name to AOCTO-CastleRock

• Added workshop link, few bugs i know so far, hope to fix them in the morning.

No path nodes for bots yet.

• Aggregated feedback from the development team. If you have questions, or need clarification, please
    keep it in this thread. I will not be answering private messages. Remember, this is only Round 1,
    and nobody is out it at all.

G****eneral Map Feedback

• Very Dark Map
    • Landscape material tiles way too much
    • Can hide in tree stump from players
    • Poor indication of what you are doing.
    • Smash the board! Confusing. Needs clearer indication.
    • Matinee for the catapult pushable is faster than you can sprint behind it
    • Falling off the bridge needs to kill you
    • Better blocking volumes/play space
    • Needs Design Work. No Central Elements, distinct areas. Objectives and meshes exist in space, but have no purpose. Consider Flanking options, alternate paths, height changes, and lower level design elements.

Objective#1

• No Progress indication on the Tree.
    • Missing Potential on knocking down the tree. (Open a new path, Smash a building.)
    • Disjointed, unrelated objectives. No purpose behind what the player is doing.

Objective#2

• Catapult is too fast
    • Unclear, or non-working door objective.
    • Could Not Complete

Objective#3

• DNF

• General Map Feedback:
    I’m aware of the catapult but thank you for feedback on everything else.

**Objective#1:

• No Progress indication on the Tree.

Will be fixed next release

• Missing Potential on knocking down the tree. (Open a new path, Smash a building.)

I was/am planning on doing something with the tree or taking it out. The deadline came up quick on me :/

Disjointed, unrelated objectives. No purpose behind what the player is doing.
    Would a larger story/background description fix this? If I took out the tree that would fix some purpose.
    Objective#2

• Catapult is too fast

Yes, I listed this in the known bugs, will be fixed very soon.

• Unclear, or non-working door objective.

I should make it clearer. I could put HUD markers over the 4 paths to get past the wall (Ladder, Cave, 2 breakable barricades).

• Could Not Complete

I should have make objectives clearer.

• Map: Castle Rock

Visual: Ground is lacking in a lot of places; flat ground with no terrain objects. Overall theme is nice though.

Balance [Defense]: Not finishable. Could not get past last objective.

Bug: Was able to get out of the map (see video below). Able to stand in water in a lot of places. Invisible catapult (video). Fake Ballistas ontop of gate (unusable). Terrain without texture (picture). Objective labels were incomplete and misspelled “Push the Thingy”, “Derfend”. Last objective would not end, no matter what we did.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o577/amishinsurgent/2014-07-06_00014_zps28ead008.jpg
    http://youtu.be/g0gwZ6Of4YE
    http://youtu.be/L3qCdIh9hFY

Opinion: Needs a ton of work.

• My findings;
    -Agatha spawn point far away
    -Typo in HUD markers
    -No indication of advancement in objective (e.g. Wheat fields have been burned)
    -Needs a more specific objective status
    -Going outside the castle on ground level from the wall - clipping and invisible floors/walls everywhere
    -Catapult extremely fast moving
    -Invisible catapult in courtyard (where the catapult from objective will eventually sit). You can move and fire it.
    -Ballista’s above gate do not work
    -Cave entrance from the trench outside of the main gate clips on the floor and textures are missing in the underground passageways
    -Moving the statue on the cart just looks odd with it standing straight up
    -The 3rd objective is very confusing - shooting the gates with catapult
    -Duke re spawns constantly even after death
    -The dock looks like it was hastily made and the clipping supports that
    -Boat came on last objective, jumped in, boat went a little ways out into the water and just stopped
    -Duke spawns on the ground, rest spawned way up top
    -Running in the water under the dock there are invisible walls
    -Cart carrying statue got stuck on elevator and would not continue
    -Confusing objectives from what I remember, Mason steals the statue, duke spawns near the dock and is supposed to jump into the boat? whats the statue for?