Possible to Tweak Assassination Mode?

• I have a quick question for those in the know (devs!)…

Is it possible to change the parameters for the assassination objective? Specifically, is there any way to:

• Use a different character model for the king besides regular classes (e.g., peasant; helmetless vanguard…)
    • Adjust the amount of health of the assassination target
    • Change starting weapons for assassination target
    • Change ending objective text

After fiddling with the player start actor for the “king” (assassination objective) and kismet, I was able to change the HUD and GUI text objectives to “Kill / Defend the Commander” and change the king to a regular class (i.e., vanguard)… But I couldn’t find a way to accomplish the other issues.

Is this “hard-coded”? Or am I missing some options in kismet? Thanks! :tranquillity:

• Well I’ve been looking how to do peasants and I know you can change the amount of health they have an what hat they wear. There’s an option for the model as well though for peasants I think a dev said they used a different skeleton. But the king/assassination target won’t.

Text you can change definitely.

For peasants there’s an appearance tab. In the game its used to change what the peasant model is (green, red, brown, blue peas a models) and what hat they wear (there’s 2 peasant hat models). Though in a beta long ago the peasants were wearing standard helmets like a knight helmet and stuff. So I assume you can change the peasants to whatever character model you want.

And I assume the king has similar attributed you can change.

Have you read the documentation for it?

And if you do figure it out the agathian kickstarter helmet is awesome looking. An Irish helmet (or Corinthian helmet gone wrong). Malric wears the mason kickstarter helmet. If you are making a map with the agathains as the defenders that helmet is good looking. Well at least in my opinion and most people wouldn’t of seen it at all. I’ve never seen it in game and I got it at release.

• Use a different character model for the king besides regular classes (e.g., peasant; helmetless vanguard…) <- most likely yes
    • Adjust the amount of health of the assassination target <- most likely yes
    • Change starting weapons for assassination target <- Probably, not entirely sure however.
    • Change ending objective text <- most likely yes

You will probably have to give the character weapons in kismet rather than change a parameter. As for health it’s probably in whatever kismet sequence spawns the target. Not looked at assassination yet but from other objectives it should be similar.