Duel mode major usability problem never fixed in all this time

• You know I like to go back to duel mode now and then for training in whatever weapon.

But its been how many years now?

You cannot type after a battle finishes to either congratulate your opponent or say hmm nice feints or nice third person hitting the ground.

A lot of work has been done on CMW lately but something that is extreme usability shittyness has not been addressed.

Please stop messing around with things that affect 2% of the population and fix this.

• Use Chiv+ FFA-Duel mode.

• That duel mode probably affects 2% of the population.

Who plays those duels. Its classic duels that’s what you should be playing.

• @lemonater47:

That duel mode probably affects 2% of the population.

This. Also, your customisation not working in duel.

• @lemonater47:

I knew you were going to troll something retarded as usual.

Ok, lets count the number of people playing TO right now

Now lets count duels

Now lets total number of players

Now I know statistics and actually using facts is not your strong point, you prefer to troll shit just to be annoying but try to figure it out…

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Use Chiv+ FFA-Duel mode.

Its not much good when there are almost no servers playing this

• You can type when the next battle begins though; that’s what I usually do.
    Granted, allowing players to type through the victory screen and into the next duel isn’t much to ask for.

• You might be able to type if you open console and type

say very tasteful feints

• @zombojoe:

You might be able to type if you open console and type

say very tasteful feints

Yeah, this does work.

• I use the console trick when the chat breaks for some reason like when the scoreboard opens up and I can’t close it.

• It’d be nice to see pings, too.

• @DaciaJC:

It’d be nice to see pings, too.

You can use console commands to find pings.

getall aocpri ping
    getall aocpri playername

Match up the name to the ping, multiply it by 4. It works, but would be nice to have it built into the scoreboard. Credit to Alice for finding this.

• @gregcau:

I knew you were going to troll something retarded as usual.

Ok, lets count the number of people playing TO right now

Now lets count duels

Now lets total number of players

Now I know statistics and actually using facts is not your strong point, you prefer to troll shit just to be annoying but try to figure it out…

Lol what the hell is this?

You want me to go out and find how many players are complaining about things to prove that TB fixes this that have more than 2% of people complaining about it.

You are a sad person.

• I can only imagine that people who consistently play this mode have never in their life played classic duels. They are strange creatures that lurk only on duel servers, cut off from the rest of the Chivalry world forever. They would probably have a heart-attack in a 1v2, if they ever ventured outside.

• @gregcau:

Please stop messing around with things that affect 2% of the population and fix this.

What are you talking about? Customization options? Because the bubble affects 100% of the population (99% of them in a negative way).

Yeah the duel interface should be fixed - make it possible to use chat (and read it) all the time. Then you should also be able to see your ping without starting avotekicks vs self. And customization should be applied automatically instead of having to load it by hand.

• @lemonater47:

Lol what the hell is this?

You want me to go out and find how many players are complaining about things to prove that TB fixes this that have more than 2% of people complaining about it.

You are a sad person.

You are an idiot, cant you even comprehend your own posts. You said

@lemonater47:

I provided you the opportunity to do a calculation showing 17% of people play duels. Please just stop trolling everywhere.

Classic duels are fine but few people play them.

• Lol.

You wrote that. We both know its wrong. Do you see me getting statistics for it? No because its pointless. Well done for derailing your own damn thread.

• Honestly, duels feel like something that TB just kind of slapped together, there are a ridiculous amount of bugs after a very long time.

Also: to the people saying we should all just play classic duels, get off your high horse. I only have one 12 person classic duels server within 150 ping of me, and it’s usually full. Most duelists are still playing on standard duel servers, your assertion that TB doesn’t need to fix them is ridiculous.

• There’s like 2 whole classic duel servers in Australia so no problems here.

• @Mockingbirch:

Honestly, duels feel like something that TB just kind of slapped together, there are a ridiculous amount of bugs after a very long time.

Also: to the people saying we should all just play classic duels, get off your high horse. I only have one 12 person classic duels server within 150 ping of me, and it’s usually full. Most duelists are still playing on standard duel servers, your assertion that TB doesn’t need to fix them is ridiculous.

Yes, here in Brazil we use the normal duel and it could use some work. It sucks to play at 150+ ping on american or EU servers for chiv+ and ffa duels.