Dane axe making a comeback?

• GG

discuss

seen a lot of people starting to use it again

• Funny enough, so have I. No patches that I’m aware of, what’s up with that?

• nope, by using dane axe you’re gimping your team

• Might be useful without the bubble, otherwise no way.

• Too slow needs a buff.

Greatsword is faster.

• @Mockingbirch:

Funny enough, so have I. No patches that I’m aware of, what’s up with that?

Well, since they nerfed it awhile back because it was clearly overpowered. People are starting to use it the way it was meant to be used.

A very draggable 1-hander – great for target swapping – with a versatile damage type (chop), while still having good enough range.

Sucks as a dueling weapon, but since the only real useful attack is the overhead, feints can be tricky to read, especially since the handle hits still exist on the dane.

• Dane Axe and Morning Star are viable in pubs as theyre good in 1vN situations. After playing Morningstar a lot the broadsword feels way short, you can’t drag the broadsword as much either, but the stab of the broadsword is more or less what makes it better, although the HWS can 3-4hit every class with stabs and it’s fast as hell.

• @NabsterHax:

Might be useful without the bubble, otherwise no way.

This. The statement is true for almost every onehanded weapon without a good stab (exception: Morningstar). Yes it is quite long - but if you try to drag it you will bounce off the bubble.
    @zombojoe:

Too slow needs a buff.

Greatsword is faster.

In case people take this too serious: The Dane Axe (not too slow) is faster than the Greatsword (too fast) in timings - but the bubble might cause it to connect slower in some situations.

Buff Dane Axe by removing the bubble.

• no point in using any other maa weapon then broadsword and hws

• @CRUSHED:

no point in using any other maa weapon then broadsword and hws

Quarterstaff. OP as fuck.

• @Rickvs:

Quarterstaff. OP as fuck.

Quarterstaff was good when 2h flinch existed. No longer the case.

• Everyone knows the best MAA weapon is the laser sword.

• dane axe is ok, i’ve used it as maa a bit only in pubs but it’s disadvantaged. The best thing you get out of it is that it’s pretty much on par with the morningstar which you can catch other dodgy maa off guard with the reach you get from dragging it further after they attempt to dodge away. Morningstar still better though because stab damage. Plus you can keep more distance from the other classes for this reason… does pretty decent damage. But you’re still better off picking something else, but it sure does have it’s own playstyle thats much different than your typical broadsword "look at me i’m best maa in the world’ playstyle poking at everything.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Quarterstaff was good when 2h flinch existed. No longer the case.

it’s still pretty good, you have to switch between it to secondary constantly though. use q-staff vs. knights, pull secondary for everything else. That’s how i’ve always used it.

• Dane axe is really fun to use. I’d say it’s the MaA’s Zweihander so to speak where you can just drag around and over peoples blocks and have a real good time with it.

However, I would say that Morning Star completely outshines the Dane Axe simply because you can get around the same amount of dragging done with it and the Morning Star stab is quite brutal and much better than the Dane Axe stab which should only be used for flinching or finishing off low health enemies with quick head pops.

The one thing Dane Axe does better I would say is for dragged toe hits and they still deal quite a bit of damage.

• the dane axe can still more or less instahit with lookdown overheads as well, it’s also really easy to bypass shields while using it, the morning star got a bit more reach and can drag for a longer time, although the dane is a lot easier to drag around a block instead of dragging until the block ends.

• @Xylvion:

the dane axe can still more or less instahit with lookdown overheads as well, it’s also really easy to bypass shields while using it, the morning star got a bit more reach and can drag for a longer time, although the dane is a lot easier to drag around a block instead of dragging until the block ends.

I think it’s lookdowns are slow, go against a greatsword lookdown and you’ll realize how slow it is in comparison. Or pretty much any vanguard weapon for that matter.

• @50ShadesofClay:

I think it’s lookdowns are slow, go against a greatsword lookdown and you’ll realize how slow it is in comparison. Or pretty much any vanguard weapon for that matter.

Dane axe overhead windup is .45 compared to the GS .5

• GS is widely considered OP tho

• @Karasu:

Dane axe overhead windup is .45 compared to the GS .5

doesn’t matter, the animations are what make the gsword faster at hitting… trust me.

this was the whole problem when we tested the finch times/recovery times and the weapons numbers don’t really mean everything when it comes to speed in this game.