Very interested in Chivalry but…

• … is there a trial version or demo? I’d love to try before I buy :calm:

• I do not believe so; a steam search brought up no demo for Chiv.
    You could try steam family sharing with a friend to test it out.

• There is no way TO GET THIS GAME FREE from ANYWHERE WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE. Wait for the next sale, the game will usually be -75% along with a free weekend.

• nothing wrong with buying this game

even if you dont like it you will probably put atleast 50-100 hours in it, which is well worth it for the price

• Not as far as I know, demos aren’t as common as they used to be, especially among smaller developers. It goes on sale constantly though, if you’re patient (not even that patient) you can probably snag it for under $10. They also run free weekends fairly often, which would be a good way to test it out.

• If you do buy it, one day you could face the Dragon in battle.

• The game is fun on all levels, and TBS have even started to promote low rank servers for newcomers!
    I really recommend getting this game, even for full price! (Which isn’t that much, really)

• My recommendation for you, if you want to get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of the game, is to constantly try to get better. Only 100 hours of playtime is a huge waste of potential fun and enjoyment with the massive skill ceiling. Duel in clan duel servers. Ask them for help. And if you want to (I would recommend you do) join a clan.

• I’d say the game is worth the full $25.

If you idea of fun is getting really good at games do what flippy said. Though not straight away of course you’ll be obliterated.

Though really do what you want to do.

• @CRUSHED:

nothing wrong with buying this game

even if you dont like it you will probably put atleast 50-100 hours in it, which is well worth it for the price

If I don’t like a game I play it for 10 minutes until I realize that it’s shit

• Buy the game OP - it might end up being the best value you ever had from a title, even at full price. I found something in chiv that I couldnt find in any other game, try as I might. Its like heroin. I hate it and I dont want it but I cant stop. It too stronk 4me. :/ haha

• @afiNity:

Sometimes I buy games that are on sale, then quit and never play again if the main menu looks weird.

• I bought the game on sale a year ago… and I spent 1250+ hours already and still going strong. If you enjoy games that take skill and practice to master, this is definitely a game to try. Or if you just want some head chopping limb slashing medieval warfare action fun, this is also the game for you! This game is worth more than I could have ever spent in money, trust me.

Try duel servers sometime, which will help you learn the mechanics of the game as well as learn to master them. But it can definitely be rough in the beginning, so join low rank server for a start.

• Surely some of you have good arguments as to why the man should buy Chivalry but…
    are the official Chivalry forums really the place to ask whether or not to buy Chivalry? Only veterans here once you filter out the 1-post only accounts made for tech support.

• @afiNity:

I didnt like my first 10 minutes of chivalry because i had performance issues and a fov of 60.

• Well I went ahead and picked up medieval warfare and deadliest warrior. Im pretty sure I’ll like it, I love Jedi Knight series and Rune, even though they are third person. Now im off to learn and to get my butt kicked for the next several games lol.

• @sir:

You can get it on sale here http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CHIVALRY/chivalry-medieval-warfare

Thanks so much for the link!

• @Folgrin:

… is there a trial version or demo? I’d love to try before I buy :calm:

Chivalry goes on sale in conjunction with a free Steam weekend fairly often (at least, compared to most other games), so you might consider waiting for that.

• @NabsterHax:

Sometimes I buy games that are on sale, then quit and never play again if the main menu looks weird.

Sometimes I buy games that are on sale and never install, let alone play them.