How the hell do you block Norse Sword?

• Recently, I’ve started playing duels heavily to try and improve my melee abilities. I can stand against a lot of people who have 10 or 20 levels on me, which I guess is a good thing…unless they’re using the Norse Sword. I can know exactly what strike they’re going to throw, put my parry exactly where I would against any other weapon…and it goes right through. I’m not making simple mistakes like falling for stabs in the side. I know that’s what they’re doing, but even when I turn to compensate, my parries still seem to fail constantly. Any tips on blocking the Norse and Broad swords, particularly stabs? It’s the one area of duels I’m quite weak in.

• right click

• @Mockingbirch:

Recently, I’ve started playing duels heavily to try and improve my melee abilities. I can stand against a lot of people who have 10 or 20 levels on me, which I guess is a good thing…unless they’re using the Norse Sword. I can know exactly what strike they’re going to throw, put my parry exactly where I would against any other weapon…and it goes right through. I’m not making simple mistakes like falling for stabs in the side. I know that’s what they’re doing, but even when I turn to compensate, my parries still seem to fail constantly. Any tips on blocking the Norse and Broad swords, particularly stabs? It’s the one area of duels I’m quite weak in.

By aiming…

No but srsly just aim a shit load and try matrix parrying and using a higher FoV.

• While the bubble is still here, just crouch and lean back. But you are gonna have a bad time when the bubble is reduced =/

• @CRUSHED:

right click

Don’t give pro tips to everyone on the forum so easily man.

• @Edmund:

Don’t give pro tips to everyone on the forum so easily man.

I would bet money that he legitimately did help some random casual just visiting the forums first time.

• Turn farther than you think you have too always.

• You may already know this but you have to look at where the tip of his weapon is going. If you turn your fov up to like 120 it’s way easier to see what’s going on.

• What Flippy said. You may think you’re turning enough, but chances are you’re not. I’ve noticed that I’m more likely to parry those hits with my back facing em’ than with my body facing them, haha.

• @Flippy:

Turn farther than you think you have too always.

This. Also training - if you know the timings you can concentrate on aiming your parry instead of worrying about the timing.

Not facehugging also helps as you have more time to react, might make your enemy miss und gives you the chance to hittrade - just think of those sad Knights who facehug a dagger wielding Archer with the Maul, get their asses handed to them and then cry about “spam”.

• I think positional lag is the biggest inevitable issue when blocking norse.
    Therefore, do what Flippy said and what Crushed said in that order.

• Use the length of your weapon to your advantage. Keep distance from the spam at arms, and avoid letting him close in on you. He can’t hit you if you’re out of the reach of his weapon. I’ve been experimenting with new FoV’s recently and they definitely help. Even a quick kick can help maintain distance.

• @Flippy:

Turn farther than you think you have too always.

I’ve never had a happy ending turning more than slightly left/right after the second slash combo

• If no one else told you this yet, I will. One handed are harder to block and I am sure you already know how to aim, people here always give you advise on things you already know. The best way to block those is to do what you are doing but crouch and look up at the same time.