Is it true?

• Did I just play on an official TO server with limited archers?

• Yes - means less Chivalry for me in the future (FFA&Duel only).

• What are you talking about? It’s one of the best things that ever happened to chiv

• Dream I dreamt is becoming a reality.

• No all we get now are idiots taking up the archer positions meaning your team is now severely gimped. Getting shot in the back all day long isn’t fun either. So while you are in less danger of getting shot by the enemy you are in more danger of getting shot by your own side.

• so funny to see you crying about archers when everybody can kill them with one hit. dem noobs.

• @lemonater47:

No all we get now are idiots taking up the archer positions meaning your team is now severely gimped. Getting shot in the back all day long isn’t fun either. So while you are in less danger of getting shot by the enemy you are in more danger of getting shot by your own side.

This is a good thing. Noobs will try out diffrent classes now instead off all jumping the archer ship, some might discover they actually like one of the other three classes better.

• @Hitom:

This is a good thing. Noobs will try out diffrent classes now instead off all jumping the archer ship, some might discover they actually like one of the other three classes better.

So they get abused and votekicked lots which makes them not want to play archer any more.

Thats one way of doing it.

• I guess whining on the forum does work. Sprint lockout should be removed soon, CFTPCFTP returned and unlimited stamina added.

• I’ve honestly never had a problem with archers in this game. If you pack a kite shield or that large shield (forgot it’s name) on maa then you’re good. Yeah it kinda sucks for vanguard, but if you’re having that much trouble stay by a knight. The maps aren’t super linear in TO, so just try to move away from the archers.

• It would be better if they would actually balance the archer class

• @KONGEN:

What are you talking about? It’s one of the best things that ever happened to chiv

One of the worst things - class limits destroy so many options and possibilities. They also create frustration form not being able to play that class, having only bad players blocking this class for others. If Archers are a problem they should get proper balance and not a limitation.

I have nothing against Archer limits on official servers but I have something against Archer limits on every single official server and against class limits in FFA which is almost trolling.

At least Torn Banner has recognised the problems with Archers and should now work to resolve the problem in a less restrictive way. In the meanwhile a few unlimited servers would be nice (e.g. using the “hardcore” servers for this). I don’t want my experience limited because some people can’t stand playing against a class and cry about it all the time.

There were a lot of limited servers already for people who didn’t want to play with many Archers. Now there are almost no unlimited servers - which really ruins my game experience because I enjoyed playing with lots if Archers from time to time (diversity is good).

UNLIMITED OFFICIAL SERVERS PLEASE!

• If archers weren’t so OP we wouldn’t need to limit them.

• All it takes is 1 or 2 MAA doing their job, flanking, to clean up archers. It isn’t a problem of too many archers, it is a problem of too many uncontested archers. This is partly why archers are better on defence then offence, it is harder for the offense to get around to the archers. It is simply a matter of people not knowing what the jobs of each class actually are.

For example, on a Pub server it is very tempting for a good MAA just to run amok along the front lines killing everyone and ignoring the archers that are far away, when really they should be leaving the easy front line targets and hitting those pesky archers. This keeps the archers occupied at the least and not firing arrows into your buddies. Letting them push the front line and (hopefully) objective. After the MAA is done with the archers he can hit the back of the front line for some easy kills, then go back to killing respawned archers.

Barely any Vanguards throw smokes. Smokes temporarily shut down archers, a well thrown smoke with a followed up leap can absolutely smash front lines, opening up the defense to for the entire team to hit the archers. IMO smokes need to last a little bit longer or maybe be a little bit wider.

It isn’t a problem of too many archers.

• @Toll:

It isn’t a problem of too many archers.

When archers comprise between one-third and one-half of a team’s players in roughly half of the TO matches I play lately, yes, it damned well is.

I hope TB look into actually balancing the class rather than just limiting them, but this is a start for now.

• Hallelujah!!

Great compromise until they get balanced.

• When archers comprise between one-third and one-half of a team’s players in roughly half of the TO matches I play lately, yes, it damned well is.

This happens in Aus often. The counter you choose depends on your own team and what they are doing. You can’t control them, you can suggest but they probably wont listen. So work with them. If they are mostly knights and vanguards pushing the front lines, go MAA with a shield and get stuck into their archers. Don’t pick a Knight or Vanguard and add to the cluster, it just improves the chances of an enemy archer hitting something. If your team has a few MAA’s already, go vanguard and throw them smokes at the right time. I’ve notice that when I start throwing smokes with purpose other vanguards eventually join in.

• @Toll:

This happens in Aus often. The counter you choose depends on your own team and what they are doing. You can’t control them, you can suggest but they probably wont listen. So work with them. If they are mostly knights and vanguards pushing the front lines, go MAA with a shield and get stuck into their archers. Don’t pick a Knight or Vanguard and add to the cluster, it just improves the chances of an enemy archer hitting something. If your team has a few MAA’s already, go vanguard and throw them smokes at the right time. I’ve notice that when I start throwing smokes with purpose other vanguards eventually join in.

/10chars

• Or you know, you could bitch and complain and do nothing about it. That is probably the least helpful option.

• There should still be some officials without this limit (not talking about the pure FFA servers).