In dire need of a good server

• In short: Some players would rather like to play “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” or even “Chivalry: Archer Warfare” than “Chivalry: Limited Warfare”. Until now it was perfectly fine to do this as there were plenty of unlimited servers around and also a lot of limited one for people who did not want to have the possibility to play with tons of Archers. It was good. Then Torn Banner decided to limit all official servers - an even worse decision than adding the bubble.

I hate playing with class limits and would rather live with the current imbalance and Archer spam. Thus officials are no longer a place for me (and the other servers I played on seem to be missing).

So I am searching for a server whith the following properties:

• no class limit
    • Central Europe (UK,FR,NL,DE,CZ,PL,…)
    • 1st person allowed
    • at least 50% friendly fire
    • either vanilla or Chiv+*
    • no jerkass admins
    • you won’t get kicked for not playing as Archer**
    • runs TO maps (might also run other modes)

I also urge Torn Banner to make some of the classic servers unlimited because there are people who can’t stand this kind of restrictions and would rather play with unbalanced team compositions.

*I have no problems with limited Archers on Giantslayers/Blackknight etc. because of the way these mods work.
    **Made the experience that some people don’t understand that having more options doesn’t mean you want to use them all the time.

• sure, pay me 12 euros and ill get a simrai server up!

• I can change one of the SimRai servers to be Vanilla Chiv in all it’s initial glory. Mixed gamemodes too?

• Just out of curiousity… just why is it you hate playing with class restrictions?

Don’t get me wrong, although I disagree about this and like the new limits, I can see how some people would hate it as there’s already a vast amount of archerlimited servers. I was just wondering how you see this.

Experience has taught me that 90% of a gaming community is just… assholes.
    From time to time I tend to forget/forgive this and join a near-empty server in hopes of just playing a match without having to deal with a 32+ player clusterfuck. And everytime again I get kicked because Steam friends occupy it.

As of late I’ve never seen more… well, toddlers in Chivalry.

• The chat getting spammed with all-caps raging.
    • People of both the enemy’s team and your own team ganging up and (team)killing you, and afterwards say bullshit like “lol noob”.
    • Low-ranked players votekicking anyone who kills them just once.
    • Players complaining about drags and “exploits” and then proceed to spamfeint their claymore in rage. (No, I’m not against feints, but I’m just saying it’s hypocricy to say someone is exploiting only to start warping your sword around mere moments later.)
    • People on my own server CONSTANTLY accusing others of… pretty much every “bad” thing there is in gaming, calling other players names and harassing them, and are then genuinely surprised if you ban them from your server. (I’m talking about the players “The French monster” and “AGUIRRE”, I want those names to be known. EU region.

At first I expected Chivalry to have a somewhat more mature playerbase. I was wrong, and I damn well won’t make that mistake twice.
    And I think that… annoying, immature, harassing, raging, pathetic toddlers are the kind that will flood a server with archers.
    I don’t mean to insult. I just believe there’s a link to be tied between trolls and archers. We all like to play archer once in a while but the class limit doesn’t prevent us from doing that. It does greatly filter out all the… idiots, though.

Phew, that was a longer post that I initially thought.
    So uhm, no, I don’t have or know of, a server without class limits. There are many, but no specific ones I’d remember by name. It would be cool if class limits were filterable in the server browser.

So in short; why do you hate class restrictions again? :D

• It takes away from the game. You should be able to play with or against somewhat “extreme” tactics (like all shield Knight or all Javelin teams). Its frustrating if your teams performance gets warped because their good players (for this class) were fast enough to pick it but those in your teams weren’t. It makes it impossible to replace one class with another at a specific role (MaA with a Heavy Javelineer) or just play as a less common role (melee Archer).

Its hurts immersion because some medieval battles included massive rain of arrows (its frustrating to have this all the time but fun if it happens rarely as it spices up the experience), zerg-like rushes of light infantry, massive pike formations or shield walls. It also obfuscates game balance by masking the issues, makes specific counters feel underwhelming and weak and players won’t properly learn how to deal with a class or its mechanics (see also: no-feint meta).

And in FFA it just reduces the options of players in a “hahaha - not fast enough - deal with it” way (everybody plays for himself anyways). So if the class is fine you just starve people of options and if its not you give some of them an unfair advantage. That also holds for team games - think of LTS were somebody in your team picks up a limited but very powerful setup and you are too late. Then he runs in and dies like an idiot while you get destroyed by his much more competent enemy counterpart.

The game needs balance instead of restrictions.

Also updated the OP to specify that I am looking for Classic/Mixed/TO servers (as FFA/Duel servers met the former requirements).

• Mod

• 1st person allowed

Did you mean third person?

• @Evil:

(its frustrating to have this all the time but fun if it happens rarely as it spices up the experience)

That’s the problem, it WASN’T rare, it pretty much became the norm. Artificial limits are necessary UNTIL archers are balanced. You seem to agree they need balancing, but are happy for them to go on ruining the fun for everyone in the meantime.

• @Raizio:

I can change one of the SimRai servers to be Vanilla Chiv in all it’s initial glory. Mixed gamemodes too?

I don’t think it’s good idea, you will get it more populated with archer limit.

• Thats right - people who want to play Archer will flock to them and the Archer ratio will be even higher than usual. Thats why it would be better if Torn Banner had kept some unlimited officials (like 40-50%). Also people like to scrub around so it might be possible that votekicks are started against players not playing Archers (“If you want to play Vanguard - why don’t go to a official server, noob!”, “You only joined this server to troll us Archer players!”).

So either way the game got worse. Still no reason to play with limits.

@Tyoson:

• 1st person allowed

Did you mean third person?

First - I don’t like 3rd person and would not like to play on a 3rd person only server if there was such a thing (1st person only would be even better but is not required).

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I don’t think it’s good idea, you will get it more populated with archer limit.

Can always do another server then, without archer limit.
    Set the votekick succeed to 75%, enjoy the madness, scrubs.

• I’ve Made a few no restrictions version of the servers.

• God damn I miss the “Church” server or what was it called, 24 slots of pure melee with TO/TDM. Only problem was that it was filled all the time because it clearly said on the server browser “no archers”

• @Albert!:

God damn I miss the “Church” server or what was it called, 24 slots of pure melee with TO/TDM. Only problem was that it was filled all the time because it clearly said on the server browser “no archers”

This server is still up, isn’t it?. At least i think i saw it yesterday, still “No Archer” sign. Was not populated unfortunatelly.

• well I could tell you the best server to play on to never get kicked or vote kicked etc
    but it will only bring out the trolls so….

• @Lash:

This server is still up, isn’t it?. At least i think i saw it yesterday, still “No Archer” sign. Was not populated unfortunatelly.

Recently came to SimRai, very recent.

• so pay some money and get your own server?

• until archers get balanced im happy only having 4 arrows getting shot at me besides when are you ever going to need more than 4 archers on a team

• Global Moderator

I know just the servers that match every specification. Well all but one.

They are in Australia.

• @Evil:

It takes away from the game. You should be able to play with or against somewhat “extreme” tactics (like all shield Knight or all Javelin teams). Its frustrating if your teams performance gets warped because their good players (for this class) were fast enough to pick it but those in your teams weren’t. It makes it impossible to replace one class with another at a specific role (MaA with a Heavy Javelineer) or just play as a less common role (melee Archer).

Its hurts immersion because some medieval battles included massive rain of arrows (its frustrating to have this all the time but fun if it happens rarely as it spices up the experience), zerg-like rushes of light infantry, massive pike formations or shield walls. It also obfuscates game balance by masking the issues, makes specific counters feel underwhelming and weak and players won’t properly learn how to deal with a class or its mechanics (see also: no-feint meta).

And in FFA it just reduces the options of players in a “hahaha - not fast enough - deal with it” way (everybody plays for himself anyways). So if the class is fine you just starve people of options and if its not you give some of them an unfair advantage. That also holds for team games - think of LTS were somebody in your team picks up a limited but very powerful setup and you are too late. Then he runs in and dies like an idiot while you get destroyed by his much more competent enemy counterpart.

The game needs balance instead of restrictions.

Also updated the OP to specify that I am looking for Classic/Mixed/TO servers (as FFA/Duel servers met the former requirements).

Stop making arguments based on realism. I agree that I don’t like the class limits, but you don’t for all the wrong reasons. This game isn’t a simulator.

• @lemonater47:

I know just the servers that match every specification. Well all but one.

They are in Australia.

Mind Giving me some names?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.