In dire need of a good server

• My review of this particular server will remain private. As for #26 how would you know aren’t you simply a rival ?

• @Kreittis:

Yeah, about that…

How often do you actually play in your own server?

Usually several times a week. Also having over 30 active members, both with clan tags and without, we generally aim to have as many admins on at all times as possible, but obviously we can’t be there all the time.

@Kreittis:

Surely even you have noticed that the pings tend to get very high and everything starts to be inconsistent.

If you’re used to playing 12 slot high tick duel, then yes. The game sometimes gets a bit flaky when servers go up to 50 or above. This however is what I found the most fun matches to be - the SM 50 slot servers were set up after the old 50 warriors servers vanished.
    We also still see the Agatha spawn bug where everyone’s pings go up to 200+. Throwing additional hardware resources at such things has no issues. We live with the game in the current state and performance. we don’t force people to play on the larger (and slightly laggier) servers - it’s personal preference

@Kreittis:

And apparently you are not allowed to perform well as archer, my buddy Planetus has been banned because someone thought that he might be cheating.

This was not why he was banned. Additionally checking the logs he’s not currently banned, although I admit the ban took longer to lift as it had to be done when the server was offline as his name at the time was in Unicode (characters like 행 that are impossible to enter in the game in adminunban).

Some of the Pum8 people have been banned though for a variety of resaons included griefing/TKing and more recently being found to be triggering various remote events bugs to mess up the spawns prior to it being hotfixed.

@Kreittis:

One of the moderators also mention in that thread that “I tend to forget the “quick bans” more often as time goes by”, that doesn’t really sound good at all.

In several years of running with 3 servers and linked bans across all servers, we’ve served over 40000 distinct players. We have made around 670 bans. I must admit I’m impressed if you’re able to keep track of all of these in your head. There’s been plenty of times when someone says something racist or start intentionally TKing, we get a quick screenshot then ban them. They then return many months later to appeal it - for us lesser mortals such things need to be looked into rather than going from memory

@Kreittis:

I’m sorry but I cannot endorse SM servers at all.

I posted a server that matched the OP’s list. I was not looking for your endorsement. The limited archer server is still listed in the stats as #1 in the world, so it’s obviously still pretty popular.

On a final note if any one is actually banned without good cause the admin responsible would be removed from the clan and banned from the servers themselves.

However I was just trying to post a server that matched the OP criteria. This isn’t a thread for calling-out or reviews so I we don’t need posts either praising or criticising this or any other server.

Btw the OP was looking for a EU server, the Necro-er is Aus based so will be probably best looking at one of the game-on-net servers anyway :)

• @MonkeyFiend:

If you’re used to playing 12 slot high tick duel, then yes. The game sometimes gets a bit flaky when servers go up to 50 or above. This however is what I found the most fun matches to be - the SM 50 slot servers were set up after the old 50 warriors servers vanished.

I’m used to 32/24 player TO servers, I almost never duel these days. The high ping on your servers are from combination of high tickrate AND 50 players, the server software simply can’t handle that very well.

@MonkeyFiend:

We also still see the Agatha spawn bug where everyone’s pings go up to 200+. Throwing additional hardware resources at such things has no issues. We live with the game in the current state and performance.

I do not hold anyone except TBS responsible for that bug and I wasn’t referring to it either.

@MonkeyFiend:

This was not why he was banned. Additionally checking the logs he’s not currently banned, although I admit the ban took longer to lift as it had to be done when the server was offline as his name at the time was in Unicode (characters like 행 that are impossible to enter in the game in adminunban).

Interesting to hear another side, I’m just going with what I have heard. I was mostly bothered by the fact that there wasn’t any more information after he posted that he was still banned. Glad to see that you took care of that so props for acting.

@MonkeyFiend:

Some of the Pum8 people have been banned though for a variety of resaons included griefing/TKing and more recently being found to be triggering various remote events bugs to mess up the spawns prior to it being hotfixed.

We are/were a colorful bunch. Le Pum8s isn’t a clan though, it was just a fun congregation and/or a joke group of people who usually play together. Kinda similiar to Kangaroos group that was made to mock Lions tag. No need to condone us just because few like to do questionable things.

@MonkeyFiend:

In several years of running with 3 servers and linked bans across all servers, we’ve served over 40000 distinct players. We have made around 670 bans. I must admit I’m impressed if you’re able to keep track of all of these in your head. There’s been plenty of times when someone says something racist or start intentionally TKing, we get a quick screenshot then ban them. They then return many months later to appeal it - for us lesser mortals such things need to be looked into rather than going from memory

I was mostly referring to the “quick bans” part because that sounds like banning someone on a whim without much investigation or warning. Maybe I just misunderstood what that meant. I don’t expect any admin anywhere to remember every single ban they have issued, that would be silly and unfeasible. Besides, logs exist for this reason so going solely with human memory is stupid.

@MonkeyFiend:

I posted a server that matched the OP’s list. I was not looking for your endorsement. The limited archer server is still listed in the stats as #1 in the world, so it’s obviously still pretty popular.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t SM servers have less that 50% FF? Can’t check personally right now since I am at work on a coffee break.

@MonkeyFiend:

On a final note if any one is actually banned without good cause the admin responsible would be removed from the clan and banned from the servers themselves.

That’s good to hear that there will be punishment for power abuse.

@MonkeyFiend:

However I was just trying to post a server that matched the OP criteria. This isn’t a thread for calling-out or reviews so I we don’t need posts either praising or criticising this or any other server.

I was just offering my view on why I do not think that SM is a good server. The topic title is, after all, “In dire need of a good server”.

Sorry if I offended you. At least I was polite, no?

• The FF is set to 50% btw

• If it’s darkforest or stoneshill I can get 60-80 ping on SM, but that doesnt help when you let people with 100+ ping stay.

• The problem is on some maps 100 ping would be common (like coldfront/citadel) when running full. The main problem with the ping kicker is it has to be set high because when the agatha spawn bug happens everyone’s pings go to 200 and with a low ping kick value it results in server-wide bans.

• This post is deleted!

• IF you are that picky and looking for the perfectly configed server to your liking?..… Rent one close to your location and set it up the way you want. UGH.

As far as ping kicker, I run CRT (Chivalry Rcon Tool) and while it can be buggy, it is easy to set up and restart it when it crashes. You can also set up the HPK (high ping kicker) to kick a high ping after it has been polled x number of times. So if you have the kicker set to kick pings of 130 you then you increase the ping count so that it take like 10 ping checks at 130 before it kicks.

• Like in the server ini file you can set it to amount of seconds over the ping limit. We have it set to 40 seconds. Most spikes are pretty short and if you spike for longer than 40 seconds something has probably gone wrong and you should stop playing and try to fix it anyway.

• I’m almost done filming stuff for this machinima I’m making on my server and was first thinking of just closing it down after that. But I’m now considering keeping it, if people have any suggestions what the best/most demanded server set-up is I’ll try and make it work. Good servers are super important imo.