The Imperial Army Combined 10v10 Custom Map TO Tournament ~NA~

• Bracket live - http://challonge.com/imperialarmytournament

A Quick Introduction

Hi everyone! Today we are publicly announcing the Imperial Army Combined 10v10 Custom Map TO Tournament! Before we get into the nitty gritty rules, teams, requirements and rosters, I’m going to talk about what’s different in this tournament.
    Two clans, One team

Out of the 8 clans participating, 4 teams will be created. This means 2 clans must come together in order to win. This creates a new and fun experience not commonly seen in the NA scene

**Custom Team Objective Maps

Rather than the typical handful of vanilla T.O. maps, we will be looking at the best custom T.O. maps the workshop has to offer. Coldfront , Whitenest , and Irilla Shore. These maps were hand picked for their balance, uniqueness, reliability, completion and general enjoyment.

**Closed Registration

**Due to the format of the tournament, (4 team single elimination + the need for an even number of active teams), it was decided to have just the clans who have shown skill, activity, past participation, reliability, and membership participation. The teams playing are Tempest, Valkyrie, 3-handers, Alpha, Legion, Aesir Gaming, Imperial Army and Sinister.

**Short Preparation Period
    The teams are only being announced today, Thursday, meaning clans only have 3 days to contact their allied clan and practice. This creates a unique challenge in how clans will communicate, practice, and interact with their allied clan.

**Complete Rules and Summary

Summary:

Format: Single Elimination with a bronze match. Bracket will look like this.
    Servers: Imperial Army, Tempest. Both Chicago NFO
    Friendly Fire: 100%
    Third Person: Disabled
    Modifications: Chiv+ (Now with live balance and mechanics, ready up system, option to hide customization, advanced spectator cam, additional spawn timer for team damage turned off)
    Class Balance: 50% rule. Maximum 3 archers per team.
    Duel: 1v1 Melee Duel for first side choice.
    Map Selection: Choose from the predetermined maps by a melee 1v1 duel. Victor picks map and loser side.
    Spectators: None
    Referees: At least one appointed ref will be present in each match
    Streamers: A maximum of 3 streamers/casters can be present in each match.
    Winning Conditions: Objective progress/time
    Game breaking custom map bugs: If any occur, it is the refs job to mark the time, and the map will be replayed to the same objective and time.

Date: March 23rd
    Time: 2 PM EST [Estimated 3 hours to finish]

Gamemode: Team Objective

Map List:

_
    To choose map, a single melee 1v1 duel will occur

Rules:

• Subs must be submitted with the team roster

• No Mercenaries unless both teams cannot field the required amount. If this occurs, a maximum of two mercenaries are allowed that have no affiliation with the teams signed up

• You must be ready to go within 15 minutes of your starting time.

• No spectators other than a designated streamers and an approved referee

• A referee must verify that all game settings for that server are in keeping with the tournament’s game settings, and will make live calls when needed.

• Any kind of cheating and exploiting is absolutely unacceptable and will result in a forfeit. Ex : out of map, MAA exploits (Dodging out of Recovery in the purpose of flinching someones next attack), etc

• There must be as equal as possible team members from both teams at all times when using mercenaries and subs.

• If any other problem arises, the normal and logical solution will be used

Winning Conditions

• Each team will play the predetermined map chosen both ways. The team who completes the most objectives in the map wins.
      • If both teams complete all objectives, the team that completed them the fastest wins.
      • If the same amount of objectives are completed but one team gets decidedly further on one objective than the other team, the ref may call the map for that team. If the progress on that objective is too close to make a definitive call, the ref may rule that it is “Too close to call.” In this case, the team with the better time on the previous objective would be declared the winner.
      • If neither team completes the first objective OR the time with which each team completed the objectives is the same then a tiebreak will be played consisting of 1 LTS map, first to 7 rounds.
      • Teams in this tiebreak will have another duel as specified above. Winner of the duel will pick the LTS map. Loser picks side.

Connection issues

• If, once a match is called live, a team suffers connection issues, it will be up to the ref if the round should be reset.
      • If a member of either team is lagging or teleporting excessively the ref will require that the team use another sub. A consistent ping of 100 or above will be ejected by the ref.
      • If a member consistently lag spikes (3 or more times in one match), they will be ejected by the ref.

Prizes:

• Every member of the winning team will win a prize
      • These prizes consist of various games donated from ia members. Steam games or Steam keys will be given out, and it’s up to the winning team to decide who gets what prize. Total prize list will come soon.

Submissions:

• Each team will consist of 5 people, but a minimum of 2 subs (preferred more, maximum of 10) should be submitted to qualify
      • No member can be listed on more than one team

Timeouts

• Each team will be allowed 2 pauses of up to 5 minutes in order to sub players in or if there are any kind of technical difficulties. If it is found that these pauses are used for a different purpose, than 5 minutes will be taken off the offending teams final objective time.

• Between live maps a team may request an intermission of up to ten minutes except in the case of the opening duel. Failure to arrive back on time will result in the match continuing

• A team may not request an intermission before the opening duel.Communication:

• It is expected all members of each team of ten is in the same teamspeak

• This should be agreed upon prior to the match

• If a teamspeak cannot be found, contact Unborn for a teamspeak address to use.

_
    **The Teams
    Now to announce the teams. No clan has had information of who their allied clan will be.

**Valkyrie + Aesir Gaming

Tempest + Sinister

Legion + Imperial Army

Alpha + 3-Handers**

A note if you are one of these clans: Now you will need to contact your allied clan and get to work on preparations, practices, and how you will communicate. You have 3 days to prepare until your match! You will also need to agree upon a team name that combines both your clan names and submit it to Unborn via Steam by Saturday.

**Clan Rosters

Valkyrie -

Fletch
    Biscuit
    Kwazi
    Stark
    Mike
    Hairy
    Massi
    Oppresor
    Drake
    Sword of the morning
    DarkMatter

Legion -

Digital
    Height
    Hanzo
    Whisper
    Zombo
    Artos
    Chrisomatic
    Banta
    Fraylor
    Crath
    ChicknFriedRice
    TobiWanKenobie

Alpha -

Curly
    Otaku
    Tillable
    Omerta
    Uldon
    Haddery
    Chris
    Gubar
    Conman
    Evon

Aeris Gaming -

Deadbat
    Dofoo
    Jimmy
    Zodd
    Madmartigan
    God
    Eris
    John
    ion
    Killendel
    Snoopzilla
    Spectre
    Feld
    Prune Juice
    3-Handers -**

Dr.Nick
    RiptheJacker
    Lexith
    KaliforniaKaiser
    Radiant
    Reverend
    Killmatticus
    Phi
    DamnitPatrick
    Alice
    Snoe
    Nohb’doy
    Gravelord

Sinister -

God
    King Excalibur
    Shack
    Taboo
    Fred Dawes
    Cove
    Freedom Human
    Galaxy
    King Leonidas
    Slitter1
    Slothz
    Flakes
    Princess Eclipse
    Darkdefiance
    Tempest -**

Spook
    Clay
    Xale
    Skillz
    Vier
    Mystikkal
    Anomaly
    Blake
    Flippy
    Guts
    Guru
    RAW BONER
    Wickk
    Omega
    Chimp

Imperial Army -

Unborn
    Flame
    Hercules
    Gauntlet
    Shadow
    Wi11
    Shivawy
    BloodWolf
    Taco
    Tralf
    Beef Milk
    Ragnar
    Blackout
    SoldierFirstClass

Whether you are playing in the tournament or not, the Imperial Army server will be running our 3 custom maps in a 24/7 rotation while open. We invite you to come and check out the maps if your not participating to get an idea of how they run. If you are playing, it is recommended to familiarize yourself with the maps. (ia. | Custom TO | Whitenest,Coldfront,Shore) (open imparmchiv.game.nfoservers.com:6000)

Be sure to check back to the thread to see the links to the streamers (We will be streaming every game, possibly with multiple streamers). Also, if you are interested in streaming the matches please leave a reply in this thread or contact me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065303546).

Brackets will also be randomized and posted a few hours before the tournament begins.

If you have any questions, leave them in this thread or contact me on Steam. And good luck to everyone!

• Lel my name is spelled Nohb’doy in the roster

• Hey, that’s how it was submitted to me!

I can change it if you like

• Am I still needed as a merc, or are teams all settled? I assume I hang around before the match starts in case either team is lacking players…Si?

• @UnbornAssassin:

Hey, that’s how it was submitted to me!

I can change it if you like

Idc ;)

I still don’t get how people misspell it tho D:

• spell it Nhooby

• Am I still needed as a merc, or are teams all settled? I assume I hang around before the match starts in case either team is lacking players…Si?

• I dont know if any clans will be needing mercs, your fine to hang around on chiv/steam and i can message you if needed

• eww thats so horrible for 59 and still 59…

• Awesome playing by all teams so far! :D GG’s all around

• Gg and grats’ to tempest

• We got to see hwo some of these maps work out competitivly!

Whitenest: Okay, but slightly imbalanced and some game breaking bugs

Coldfront: The way it’s set up, this map really can’t be played competitively as it stands

Shore: Awesome visuals, good balance and a few bugs

• @UnbornAssassin:

Gg and grats’ to tempest

And Sin! RUDE

=)

• http://www.twitch.tv/heightofabsurdity/c/3941230

Imperial Legion vs Alphanumeric. GG guys.

• @UnbornAssassin:

We got to see hwo some of these maps work out competitivly!

Whitenest: Okay, but slightly imbalanced and some game breaking bugs

Coldfront: The way it’s set up, this map really can’t be played competitively as it stands

Shore: Awesome visuals, good balance and a few bugs

What were the issues in Coldfront?

It is still being balanced. New update just released to the workshop.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18964-IN-PROGRESS-AOCTO-Coldfront-Team-Objective-ALPHA/page4

• @Andrew:

What were the issues in Coldfront?

It is still being balanced. New update just released to the workshop.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18964-IN-PROGRESS-AOCTO-Coldfront-Team-Objective-ALPHA/page4

On the third objective you can spawn with a bunch of masons surrounding you on agatha and I’m not a fan of the 2 mile spawns.

• @Nohbdy111:

On the third objective you can spawn with a bunch of masons surrounding you on agatha and I’m not a fan of the 2 mile spawns.

Ah. The spawn with the surrounding players I will address in the next update. Please put feedback like this in the thread I linked as well.

The initial Beach run is shorter now for Masons for the first spawn. I am still playing with spawn locations. This is only iteration number 2.

• @Andrew:

Ah. The spawn with the surrounding players I will address in the next update. Please put feedback like this in the thread I linked as well.

The initial Beach run is shorter now for Masons for the first spawn. I am still playing with spawn locations. This is only iteration number 2.

Silly me :S