Why are there archer limits on UK official servers?

• Camping at spawn(afk\tker-mostly melee)…I’ve seen it many times but it wasn’t the reason for screenshot lol

@Flippy:

half the players on a team would go archer.

Oh seriously? It’s their decision not yours. this is not “chivalry medieval limits”.And in 80% half of the players prefer vans\knights.Dont wanna complain about ur melee lmb swing swing eh?

@Chimpanzer:

I’ve seen plenty of servers now that haven’t even reached the archer limit.

@gregcau:

Or really, if that was the case then why do we need an archer limit…

TRUTH

• @gregcau:

So far 75% of the TO games I have been on reach the limit.

@gregcau:

Or really, if that was the case then why do we need an archer limit…

More truth?

• i dont need your excuses.

• Apologies.

• I wonder - if the majority of the players really disliked having unlimited Archers why did so many of them play as Archers anyways? Where is the point of limiting a class when the majority of the players agrees that too many of them are unhealthy for the game?

In the end it seems like the Archer limit fans are either typical Archers haters or hypocrites that only want others to pick a different class. I guess the true majority of the Chivalry players would rather not have a class limit (given by the sheer amount of people who played Archers before) but is okay running with one if they have to.

It just that I think that people who are okay with both ways would be better off having more options at their disposal. The only people who really benefit from the limits are Archer haters - who would have no reason to cry for Archer limit if they were the majority in the first place.

While the majority might be okay with the limits only a vocal minority is really for them.

• That is very interesting speculation.

• Pretty much, I’m OK with the limit until archers are balanced. I think it’s the best temporary solution. Because you do get servers with people who are oblivious to their team comp, and just blindly pick archer because they want to be ranged.

• I don’t see a problem, people are actually going for the objective now. I don’t have to pick archer myself to dispose of the 6-8 enemy archers either.

• @Evil:

I wonder - if the majority of the players really disliked having unlimited Archers why did so many of them play as Archers anyways?

Please do not appeal to logic, this forum is for clannies.

• Then all official servers should be converted to 1st person only with a maximum of 5/6 players per team (rest can only spectate) and a global class limit of 2/3.

• Mod

There are quite a few server around, so can generally judge how popular a setup is by how populated the servers are.

• @Evil:

Then all official servers should be converted to 1st person only with a maximum of 5/6 players per team (rest can only spectate) and a global class limit of 2/3.

I would love for there to be some servers like this. inb4 matchmaking

• @MonkeyFiend:

There are quite a few server around, so can generally judge how popular a setup is by how populated the servers are.

Unfortunately so few people have been playing lately on classic servers that I don’t think this is accurate. There are 2 limitless servers and 7 or so limited servers, and only 1, maybe 2 out of all of them would be full, if any (sans the past few days since free weekend), so people would join the servers that had some people in them rather than none regardless of their preference–I know I do, as well as a few friends.