All Classes - Should Stamina Pool Increase?

• As the title states. Thought I would make a poll lawlzorz! No need to get into why you voted the way you did, unless you want to. Just looking for simple and honest answers with no persuasion one way or the other.

I’d also like to add

This is just to satisfy my own curiosity and is a VERY vague poll, done purposfully.

How the pool should be increased (overall increase, less drain for certain actions, faster regen rate ect.) isn’t what I’m after here. I just want to know if people are open to the initial idea of having more stamina.

• I don’t really see why. It would be a massive change that isn’t really necessary. Plus it would ruin the point of the CFTP and dodge stamina nerfs.

• @Flippy:

I don’t really see why. It would be a massive change that isn’t really necessary. Plus it would ruin the point of the CFTP and dodge stamina nerfs.

The dodge stam nerf would still be significant since all other classes would have more tools to deal with more than 5 dodges. 5 dodges is balanced right now in the current stam pool. Give the other classes more stam and more than 5 dodges would also be balanced.

I’m for the stam increase and I think knights should get a much heftier stam boost over the other classes.

• It really depends on how much but I said no. I think the amount of stamina is good now because you actually have to think about it. I don’t want to go back to how it was originally and stamina meant very little unless you were swinging around like a complete n00b.

If anything give Knights more stam, a stam regen or Clay’s idea that they use less stam for certain things.

• I think the current stamina pool is slightly on the low side.

• @dudeface:

I think the current stamina pool is slightly on the low side.

This basically. Don’t think a 10-15% increase overall would be unbalanced. Would just make it more fun fighting multiple’s imo.

• @Hitom:

This basically. Don’t think a 10-15% increase overall would be unbalanced. Would just make it more fun fighting multiple’s imo.

Something minor I think could be in order. Like Zob said, back before I played I’ve heard you could combo for days and not run outta stam, and that doesn’t sound fun. But I would like to PiPiPiPiPiPiPiPiPiPiP.

• I don’t think stamina increases are necessary, but i would welcome cleaver mechanics to aid 1 v N situations -> PiP is cool, any other cleaver ideas would be good.

• Less stamina to parry overall is what I want.

• I would keep the stamina pool as it is and just reduce the stamina drain for all the weapons when parrying an attack.

• @Hitom:

I do agree with this, sometimes when you fight more than 2 people you just run out of stamina too fast, or if you fight 2 and when you’ve dealt with that another one is going for you and you will get dazed on their first attack which gives them a free hit afterwards.

• @Flippy:

I don’t really see why. It would be a massive change that isn’t really necessary. Plus it would ruin the point of the CFTP and dodge stamina nerfs.

Altering stamina cost was the wrong way to change dodge anyway in my opinion. Backwards dodge has too much range.

• I voted no. Overall increase would buff Maa and Shields in duel situations and they certainly don’t need that.

@NabsterHax:

Less stamina to parry overall is what I want.

This maybe, change parry cost, not shield block though.

• I would like to have less cost on aggressive moves (combo, feint, jump, kick) and miss (so missing intentional and making the backswing connect is less punishing) but keep the defense moves (parry/ block, dodge, combo parry/block) about the same. And getting kicked should drain much less (if any) stamina.

One thing that might be interesting and add some depth is shifting a small potion of the parry stamina cost to riposte - so a parry with riposte will cost the same but a parry without riposte will cost slightly less. I oppose buffing parry in general while keeping block the same because the former is still better and allows for riposte - at the cost of being more vulnerable to feints. Either buff both or only buff parry without riposte.

And for Archers the stamina costs should mainly go up: add some costs on relaoding/drawing/throwing and make daggers drain more on parry (in exchange they should get the backstab bonus - but only when used without a shield). They should still benefit from the other changes of course.

But in the end an increased stamina pool would also benefit the game flow. Its not really a buff to shields as parries already cost less so it just takes a little longer to win a stamina fight (which is a good thing because it makes it harder to win by stamina management alone) and while it also allows MaA to dodge more their opponents also last longer. So yes - an overall stamina increase would help a lot but their should be some other changes to specific abilities.

• Hmm, wonder how the game would turn out if we removed stamina, so you could just keep doing stuff aka MB style.
    Should maybe try to make a mod to see how that’d work out.

• It would be dumb to give it to MAA (for obvious reasons) and vanguard already has dat cray’ knockback. I can only think of one class which would deserve the stamina increases, and even then i think theres prolly better ways to buff dat class - but definitely no to stamina increases across all classes simultaneously .

I voted yes by accident doe

• I think stamina is fairly okay in duels, but in team modes it would benefit from being increased and that wouldn’t ruin duels for me. I think a minor increase would be in order, nothing too dramatic. I do enjoy that stamina is a delicate resource that has to be carefully managed.

• I say yes. Bump it 15-20% and scale the cost of MaA dodge so that they don’t get any more. Would decrease the amount of times both people have to back off and wait in a duel (fairly annoying), and would allow people to have a better chance at fighting multiple people (which I’m totally for).

• I think the stam pool is fine how it is, but I wouldn’t be against a slight stam buff for knights only.

• Knights could use it, no one else. Add that and crouch to regen as an ability and they might suck less.