Knight steel buckler special

• I think the special for knight should be a steel buckler that you can select over throwing axes and the other shields

It would be attached to your one hand, and work like a normal parry. However all staimna drain you get from parrying other weapons is removed

• as bonus, we could use flail without shield but this buckler instead and riposte with flail etc

• I supported this shield that weve talked about 3 times already

• All stamina drain removed?

Thats a bit much. Should be the other way around.

• I don’t think it is historically accurate. Bucklers are for light infantry/archers. It would just look silly, a knight with full plate armor and a tiny shield. It would be very good for gameplay, though.

• @MissingNo:

I don’t think it is historically accurate. Bucklers are for light infantry/archers. It would just look silly, a knight with full plate armor and a tiny shield. It would be very good for gameplay, though.

Not exactly true. Bucklers were quite popular throughout the middle ages and the renaissance, and they were used by all classes of soldiers. In fact, as armor became more extensive and shields became less useful/necessary, bucklers became more prominent as they gave even those soldiers in full plate a useful tool for offense and defense while also remaining lightweight. Historically speaking, a buckler of this sort would be quite appropriate for the knight class. The current buckler used by MaA and jav archers is more similar to a historical targe than a buckler anyways.

• Hold on, so the Knight gets infinite parry? I can see that being unbelievable annoying in duels…

• Not totally sure how a steel buckled would work but +1 on flail with no shield. It was clearly a “realism” decision but we already have daggers partying mauls and grandmaces so why not.

• How about a reduction of stam drain of lets say… 90%

• This is the most retarded suggestion I have ever read on these forums.

• doesnt matter anymore

• Because virtually infinite stamina is balanced and fun.

Might as well give archers dodge while we are at it.

• @CRUSHED:

How about a reduction of stam drain of lets say… 90%

The smaller the shield the more stamina drain you get is logical.

• Re-work shields to function as a regular parry, but can do a hold-block, but not efficiently in a fight.

• I’d be fine with the buckler being used like a parry (a proper buckler, which was only a bit larger than a fist), but no damn way am I supporting any kind of infinite stamina.

• I think shields could be better off if they reworked them completely. Giving the shield two ways to block with, like the first frame of the blocks can be a “tap/quick block” with the shield that will sort of function like how a regular weapon parry works, but the question is, if it is succesfully performed… what should happend? A counter-attack from that or negated shield recovery time ( sort of a counter-attack)

And the second way of blocking should be the good old hold block, but should we then make it so that if you keep holding down RMB after doing the tap-block, then you’ll keep the shield up in a hold block, but to make it not viable to be used in a melee combat, it should have a increased shield recovery so that if you block someone with a hold block, you won’t get any initiative the same way as you would right now, so it would sorta just ‘reset’ the fight to the point where either you or your opponent can start an attack, and of course the hold-block could be used to raise your shield and cover yourself from projectiles.

Least this would probably make shields more skillful and actually viable in a way. Least it doesn’t give you this retarded feint-resistance, also kicks should be able to be dazed during shield recovery. That TB removed that, making the only phase you can stun a shield with a daze kick is when they are holding it, which they can instantly take down, so why shouldn’t Shields be able to be punished the same way feints punish non-shield players if they don’t read it.

• Nah, what we need to be able to do is swing our shields around into the paths of incoming strikes, knocking the enemy’s weapon backwards/away (if it made contact with the weapon), giving you some initiative. That’d be sweet. Directional shield bashes. Hold down shield bash key, and choose direction with your normal mouse buttons (stab for forward shield bash, LMB/alt-LMB for left or right swingbash).

Unfortunately we don’t have any type of animations that would support this type of thing for both the attacker and the receiver. Put it on the list of things to add to Chiv 2.

• @dudeface:

Nah, what we need to be able to do is swing our shields around into the paths of incoming strikes, knocking the enemy’s weapon backwards/away (if it made contact with the weapon), giving you some initiative. That’d be sweet. Directional shield bashes. Hold down shield bash key, and choose direction with your normal mouse buttons (stab for forward shield bash, LMB/alt-LMB for left or right swingbash).

Unfortunately we don’t have any type of animations that would support this type of thing for both the attacker and the receiver. Put it on the list of things to add to Chiv 2.

Theres nothing stopping them making new animations and putting them in this game.

• @Kreittis:

Because virtually infinite stamina is balanced and fun.

Might as well give archers dodge while we are at it.

That’s reality in WARSAW’s mod/server.

• Did Crushed get stamina stunned recently or something?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

That’s reality in WARSAW’s mod/server.

Captain Rumpel, much obvious.