This game is broken beyond repair.

• Why is it that with every patch this game just seems to decline in quality? It’s almost down to the same level as Deadliest Warrior.

Where to begin?

Left mouse spam. It’s been there since the beginning, but ever since deadliest warrior came around it got ten times worse. From the very start there should have been a double stamina drain on consecutive swing attacks. Ever tried changing arm direction whilst holding a 7ft long sword? It gets even worse when facehuggers dagger spam you to death because there is literally nothing you can do to stop them (I can already hear the retorts of “Use a shield” and I would if they worked properly. Here’s a hint: weapon shafts shouldn’t bend around the edges. The only weapon capable of that is the flail).

Man at arms. The crutch mechanic class. These weedy little runts have been overpowered since the beginning and now that parrying has been slowed down to once in every 6 million years they can facehug and spam left mouse all they want. Then they have the option of just dodging and running away, being the fastest class as well as the deadliest and easiest to fight as in one on one combat. In 90% of games there is a man at arms at the top of both teams and for good reason: they’re invincible unless you gather up half the team to kill them, or if you resort to one of the other crutch mechanics.

Feinting. One of the key problems of this game that should never have been implemented in the first place. Now with parrying reduced to the same utility and effectiveness as kicking (as in it only works if it feels like it) feinting is doubly unbalanced and just shouldn’t be in the game. If the clipping issues with shields and parrying in general weren’t there it might be managable but as it is if someone with a bearded axe or a brandistock feints there is no point in fighting them.

Dragging. This in particular is a huge issue that means that helicopter van-tards can just spin around all day long and no one can get near them. There is no way to parry or block reliably against someone using this exploit.

Lastly: Weapons. Three weapons that are broken as hell. The brandistock doesn’t even move and it still hits, the bearded axe’s overhead is far too fast and the claymore also hits before it moves. All I see right now is brandistock vs man at arms in a sea of draggers. As for weapons in general the complete lack of proper momentum means that coupled with the dragging exploit there is absolutely no way to tell where to expect to be able to counter and sucking all of the fun out of what was once a half decent game.

• Well, I disagree with everything. Thou I find the brandistock rather annoying (fucking slash), but thats me.

You can’t block vanguard drags or can’t defend yourself from feints? Well get good then. There are many tactics to use against theese tecnics, don’t place yourself in a position where you will be vulnerable to feints (avoid defensive stance), and reading drags is not really hard too, just pay attention to the animations. Same goes to MAAs. Feint their asses twice if needed (because of dodge), try not to lose momentum and parrying and counter-attacking might put you in a bad place against them, so watch out for that.

Sorry, but I fail to see reason on your post. All I see is cry

• @ OP… bad attempt at troll

• @Triumphant:

@ OP… bad attempt at troll

I don’t think he’s trolling, just inexperienced.

• Game is in good shape. A few balance issues here and there.

Once you’ve learned how to fight your complaints will move on to archers. Unless you are an archer. In which case your opinion is invalid.

• even Planetus freely admits that his class is in dire need of spanking with the nerfhammer, and he is one of the nastiest, most evil archers around. Which is refreshing to hear actually. If the boot were on the other foot I’d defend that shit to the death, lest the glorious, all consuming power be torn from my grasp forever

• Get better at the game. Parrying drags is easy. Learning to read feints takes time.

• @Shame:

Why is it that with every patch this game just seems to decline in quality? It’s almost down to the same level as Deadliest Warrior.

Where to begin?

Left mouse spam. It’s been there since the beginning, but ever since deadliest warrior came around it got ten times worse. From the very start there should have been a double stamina drain on consecutive swing attacks. Ever tried changing arm direction whilst holding a 7ft long sword? It gets even worse when facehuggers dagger spam you to death because there is literally nothing you can do to stop them (I can already hear the retorts of “Use a shield” and I would if they worked properly. Here’s a hint: weapon shafts shouldn’t bend around the edges. The only weapon capable of that is the flail).

Man at arms. The crutch mechanic class. These weedy little runts have been overpowered since the beginning and now that parrying has been slowed down to once in every 6 million years they can facehug and spam left mouse all they want. Then they have the option of just dodging and running away, being the fastest class as well as the deadliest and easiest to fight as in one on one combat. In 90% of games there is a man at arms at the top of both teams and for good reason: they’re invincible unless you gather up half the team to kill them, or if you resort to one of the other crutch mechanics.

Feinting. One of the key problems of this game that should never have been implemented in the first place. Now with parrying reduced to the same utility and effectiveness as kicking (as in it only works if it feels like it) feinting is doubly unbalanced and just shouldn’t be in the game. If the clipping issues with shields and parrying in general weren’t there it might be managable but as it is if someone with a bearded axe or a brandistock feints there is no point in fighting them.

Dragging. This in particular is a huge issue that means that helicopter van-tards can just spin around all day long and no one can get near them. There is no way to parry or block reliably against someone using this exploit.

Lastly: Weapons. Three weapons that are broken as hell. The brandistock doesn’t even move and it still hits, the bearded axe’s overhead is far too fast and the claymore also hits before it moves. All I see right now is brandistock vs man at arms in a sea of draggers. As for weapons in general the complete lack of proper momentum means that coupled with the dragging exploit there is absolutely no way to tell where to expect to be able to counter and sucking all of the fun out of what was once a half decent game.

Get a load of this guy^

• Scrubs b scrubs. Thrash thread is thrash.

• @Shame:

This…just…huh? Is this a joke? You can’t possibly be expecting us to take a statement like this seriously.

• @NabsterHax:

I don’t think he’s trolling, just bad.

Fixed that for you.

• Such a friendly forum full of experts willing to share their knowledge.

• Its a whine/bitch thread, not a “pls halp mai get bettur”, so… sha’p greg, you sanctimonious prune

• @Triumphant:

Its a whine/bitch thread, not a “pls halp mai get bettur”, so… sha’p greg, you sanctimonious prune

sanctimonious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rg3sAb8Id8

• the heck is this?

• @gregcau:

Such a friendly forum full of experts willing to share their knowledge.

He’s not asking for help to get better. He’s whining and crying about basic game mechanics. Of course he’s going to get flamed.

• ye this gaem is break

• I agree on daggers and claymore. Those weapons require decent pings to not look retarded on the other person’s end. Everything else sounds pretty qq-ish to me.

• People STILL complain about feinting? Sheesh…

Think of it like this, Chivalry feinting is an underpowered COD knife/melee. You get a free hit, but usually it’s not an insta kill.
    Deal with it, every game has a mechanic like this these days.

• @swagfox:

I agree on daggers and claymore. Those weapons require decent pings to not look retarded on the other person’s end. Everything else sounds pretty qq-ish to me.

Claymore and daggers are perfectly fine unless they desync. Otherwise, a high ping claymore or dagger is only as hard to parry and a high ping anything else imo.