[WIP]Fortification Contest: Antrum

• MapName: Antrum

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=246578741

Description:
    Set on a beach the king of Mason Created a strong hold in a cave, holding all of his gold.

Objectives:

1:Move Siege Tower to Front Gates
    2:Destroy Chains holding Gates closed.
    3: Either Destroy Castle wall or Carry Ladder (depends on whether i can do the last objective)
    4:Steal Kings Gold and Bring it back to Agatha’s original spawn (will be several Bags of gold so multiple Trips)

Old Shots

• Looks like the start to something awesome :)

• Didn’t want to post anything until i banged out some of the details.

-I got the Gold Retrieval to work.
    -Got a Exploding Wall sequence to work.
    -overall gameplay is working.

I still need to change the name because it is horrible!!

Theres a spawn where the seige tower moves too.

Gold Room just place holders untill i make everything.

• Added It To Workshop:
    [

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=246578741](http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=246578741)

Some Fixes:
    Changed name to Antrum (it means “The Cave” in latin)

Finally got the lootbags to work right Right now a player can Grief with the lootbags (well i think they Might be i added a teleport for it but i havn’t gotten around to testing it)

I will post more in here from here on out Since i got the basic block out done.

• Great stuff!!!

• Hey just tested your map on the testing sever.

First off, everything is a bit confusing. I got lost a fair bit, especially while going from the MA spawn to the front line. In several places there only way to get down was to fall off the battlements, which meant damage.

The first objective went very quickly, which was largely due to MA getting lost.

It also seems like your last objective is broken, we changed maps but I didn’t see exactly was was broken.

Overall I think you need to simplify the layout. It looks like you tried to make a castle, rather than plan a level. This might sound harsh but it’s kind of how it came out.

• Some notes from the testing session:

The map was reaaallly big.
    Pushing the barrel was a bit slow.
    Objective 3 broke down. There was no way to pick up the bags of gold.

Aesthetically, I think I see where you’re going with it and I can’t wait til you get some actual meshes and textures in. It should look really good.

• I got to play this map yesterday during testing time. I experienced same problems as Jonks! with this map so i won’t go into a long thing about it. I think it was just to early to get a good indication of what is going on. Keep it up there is potential there!

• @NATO:

Hey just tested your map on the testing sever.

First off, everything is a bit confusing. I got lost a fair bit, especially while going from the MA spawn to the front line. In several places there only way to get down was to fall off the battlements, which meant damage.

The first objective went very quickly, which was largely due to MA getting lost.

It also seems like your last objective is broken, we changed maps but I didn’t see exactly was was broken.

Overall I think you need to simplify the layout. It looks like you tried to make a castle, rather than plan a level. This might sound harsh but it’s kind of how it came out.

Its ok I’m used to all kinds of feedback.
    @NATO:

It looks like you tried to make a castle, rather than plan a level. This might sound harsh but it’s kind of how it came out.

Ya i was trying to avoid this as much as possible, but i think it might be because of the big cave mesh and I designed it on multiple peice’s of paper. I also wanted the castle to be on top of a Hill Cliff thing kind of like this:

But i made the mesh to small so it doesn’t look as i wanted to (no cliff and the terrain goes into the side of the cave walls)

I just spotted the problem in kismet and looking through some of the skeletal mesh’s.

In kismet when someone picks up a bag i Make a varible of the player in kismet and then test if that same player is trying to pick up another bag. the problem was i forgot to null out the varible when the bag was delivered.

I also found out not all the Player models have a “b_l_m_kilt_A” bone so it won’t attach. I might have to attach it to the players back. I could also look through all the Skeletal meshs and see what i can attach it to and in kismet check to see if it gets attached for the different types of player mesh’s.

Heres what i was thinking of doing:

I think i will also change the drop off point for the Bags. If everything goes as planned ill try to get the next version out during sometime in the week.

Thank you guys for the feedback! On Red orchestra 2’s forums nobody would even touch an alpha version so i am grateful!

• After testing it out I found it to be interesting but confusing.

The layout could definitely use some reworking, cutting off non-essential areas to direct players in the right direction would work. Seems like a lot of work for the Agathans for just several small bags of gold.

I love the concept, keep at it!

• I just uploaded it to the workshop heres the change log:

-Changed Size of level Areas are shorter to walk to.

-Detailing

-improved Bot pathing in some areas

-Fixed Problem with Lootbags.
    (need to test in the server)

-added Sound and particles to the chain objective.

-Barrell objective is shorter

-New Spawn after Barrle objective

• Looking good so far!

• This is looking epic (durhur). I am super keen to give this one a try!

It reminds me of a map I did for both far cry 2, and mount and blade a while back, both of which had fortifications inside of a massive cave that had an opening at the top :D
    So I am down for the idea!

• I can see this map becoming real chiv canon! Keep up the good work dude!

• More Screens:

• Looks nice.Is your map updated on the official test servers? Some days ago i played the old version with the known problems.

• 3rd objective broken, and lack of textures makes for sad confusing gameplay. The layout is too big and confusing, there are too many HUD markers. Spawns don’t seems to make any sense.

• 3rd objective broken, and lack of textures makes for sad confusing gameplay. The layout is too big and confusing, there are too many HUD markers. Spawns don’t seems to make any sense.

However I do like that everything is enclosed in the cave and am looking forward to a more complete version to get and accurate read on the map.

• @noble118:

3rd objective broken, and lack of textures makes for sad confusing gameplay. The layout is too big and confusing, there are too many HUD markers. Spawns don’t seems to make any sense.

However I do like that everything is enclosed in the cave and am looking forward to a more complete version to get and accurate read on the map.

Which version did you play? Ifs its A1 sorry i didn’t know i needed to post i updated the map.

• I played with no textures, the people voted to change map too early.
    I think a good step is use basic materials and people will like it more.