Lolflinch

• Get this .8 second flinch out of here again. I didn’t realize it would allow a SoW to hit trade a regular LS OH-OH combo, I mean, that’s just retarded. This low flinch also encourages inexperienced players to spam attacks when their enemy combos, hoping that they’ll feint them. The longer flinch encourages players to actually read the feints instead of guessing. Put it up to a 1.5 second flinch for all I care, just make it at least .15 longer than .8

'Had a really good conversation with some guys. The conversation is over, no need. Thanks to all who helped.

• Really? We had a good run on the forums and you guys are going to ruin it by acting like this? It’s a bit of fun posting it as a reply but making new threads like this?

Please ignore this kind of behaviour, TBS. You’ve been doing a great job so far by listening to informed and reasoned opinions, and I would hate for us to go back to not communicating because some people can’t control themselves.

• @NabsterHax:

Really? We had a good run on the forums and you guys are going to ruin it by acting like this? It’s a bit of fun posting it as a reply but making new threads like this?

Please ignore this kind of behaviour, TBS. You’ve been doing a great job so far by listening to informed and reasoned opinions, and I would hate for us to go back to not communicating because some people can’t control themselves.

They really have been doing a great job, but my opinions should not be dismissed because of how I stated it. That’s just stupid. I just think it’s retarded that a SoW can hit trade with a Longsword OH-OH combo. Can we agree with this? Also, this low flinch encourages lotto knights and discourages people to actually read the feints instead of spamming attacks, hoping they’ll feint.

And fine if it really means soooo to you I’ll make the OP a bit cleaner.

• What was the reason given for reducing the flinch?

• @The:

What was the reason given for reducing the flinch?

Makes combo-feints more punishable.

• @Karasu:

Not necessary in my opinion. If you can read a combo feint (which is not THAT hard nowadays) your opponent pays a lot of stamina.

0.8 flinch really destroys the gameplay. So many duellers already starting to deliberately force hittrades and flinches, it’s not funny. In TO you get hittraded by each and every beginner or you pay with stamina because you CftP when you shouldn’t have to. Just revert it, it is not necessary and no, 0.9s will not help either. 1.0s flinch was good and didn’t need a change.

• @Eic:

Not necessary in my opinion. If you can read a combo feint (which is not THAT hard nowadays) your opponent pays a lot of stamina.

0.8 flinch really destroys the gameplay. So many duellers already starting to deliberately force hittrades and flinches, it’s not funny. In TO you get hittraded by each and every beginner or you pay with stamina because you CftP when you shouldn’t have to. Just revert it, it is not necessary and no, 0.9s will not help either. 1.0s flinch was good and didn’t need a change.

He asked what the reason for the change was. I just repeated the reason that was given. And the lower flinch times do make combo feints more punishable.

I never said they weren’t punishable previously. I never even expressed an opinion. No idea who you’re arguing with.

• 1. It’s not nearly as easy to hit-trade in combos as many posters here think. It’s very easy to prevent by either accelerating your strike if you see that your opponent is going for the trade, or to cftp if you’re uncertain.
    2. Why should people not be allowed to be stupid and go for a trade in some cases? It’s only a viable move if the person who’s comboing is at one hit away from dying, and even then, like I said, it’s easy for him to prevent.

The lower flinch time has provided much more smoothness in the gameplay, and provides more depth to the concept of comboing. I wouldn’t want to see it reverted because of people complaining about what I deem to be a non-issue.

• @B4RK:

1. It’s not nearly as easy to hit-trade in combos as many posters here think. It’s very easy to prevent by either accelerating your strike if you see that your opponent is going for the trade, or to cftp if you’re uncertain.

If a SoW stab can hittrade a LS OH-OH combo by spamming, that’s way too fuckin easy. Now imagine Norse Sword vs. Maul, they could probably interrupt your combo even even you did a double ROH combo.

2. Why should people not be allowed to be stupid and go for a trade in some cases? It’s only a viable move if the person who’s comboing is at one hit away from dying, and even then, like I said, it’s easy for him to prevent.

It’s a basic characteristic in all fighting games that when one person has achieved the initiative and the control of the fight the other person should have to be on the defensive and recover the initiative with skill, not spamming attacks.

The lower flinch time has provided much more smoothness in the gameplay, and provides more depth to the concept of comboing.

How does it contribute any more depth than we all ready had with a 1.0 flinch? Getting hittraded in your combo because the enemy spammed? Gee, that’s great for a competitive fighting game, isn’t it?

I wouldn’t want to see it reverted because of people complaining about what I deem to be a non-issue.

This is your opinion and your opinion is wrong, in my opinion.

• @Karasu:

You know it’s curious but of all the feints in my experience, combo feints are the easiest to read / predict. I think it’s because most combos don’t involve a stab (exceptions of course). That, and a combo usually feels slower.

I’m not saying I like combo feints, but eh. This flinch is a terrible idea imo.

• @The:

You know it’s curious but of all the feints in my experience, combo feints are the easiest to read / predict. I think it’s because most combos don’t involve a stab (exceptions of course). That, and a combo usually feels slower.

ye

/lolfuckchars

• @Nohbdy111:

a SoW stab can hittrade a LS OH-OH combo by spamming

The numbers certainly seem to suggest that’s not the case (unless you accelerate into delay) and I have yet to experience a trade I didn’t blame myself for.
    The beautiful aspect of Chivlary is that it isn’t another boring fighting game. I hate it when people regard it as such.
    Lower flinch times open up more possibilities in the combat, so yeah, that’s why I think it brings more depth. I’m not just talking about 1v1. Also, almost nobody on high level tries to recover initiative by “spamming attacks”, and the low-level players who do get wrecked anyway, so I don’t see the problem here.

@Nohbdy111:

Edit: Don’t interpret this as argumentation. I’ve never been good at that. Just expressing my opinions here.

• @The:

It’s not about reading them.
    With the old flinch if you READ the combo-feint or you KNEW that your opponent would drag yet you still couldn’t punish it because you got hit by the first strike of the combo. You’d either end up getting traded or flinched. So when you get hit once your opponent is gets free drag/combo feint without much risk.

Also Nohbdy are you seriously complaining about “spamming attacks”? You can’t believe that it’s a valid tactic. It’s like these rookies crying about LMB spam.

• idgaf 10char

• @CRUSHED:

even with a hatchet it was almost impossible to punish any combo feint lol it was very broken.

That is true, we tested it with weapons like hatchet or HWS.

• @CRUSHED:

actually they weren’t

even with a hatchet it was almost impossible to punish any combo feint lol it was very broken

another idiot thread by nohbdy

trash tier player who just theorycrafts but gets dumpstered ingame by anyone decent, gg ignore his shit

just a bunch of idiots who never play good players want the old flinch back never experienced an aggressive player abusing 1.1 flinch and forcing you into defensive state getting free combo feints making unreadable longsword combo feints (they look broken as fuck)…yeah

you have to be a fucking dumbass to believe a hitrade with sow on 2 longsword overheads is a good tactic… lmao

Eic… whatever your name is you know why 0.8 flinch destroys YOUR gameplay?

Because your a bad fucking player, thats why.

ive seen people trying to do this tactic in the knight tourney im hosting and getting destroyed by messer combos or whatever… just morons think this breaking anything

Did you ever get bullied at school?

• Omg I just realized he edited it to say that he would be okay with a 1.5 second flinch. Guise halp

• @Karasu:

Omg I just realized he edited it to say that he would be okay with a 1.5 second flinch. Guise halp

Nohbdy is drunk or something, these recent threads he’s making are just bonkers.

• idgaf 10char

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Nohbdy is drunk or something, these recent threads he’s making are just bonkers.

You should’ve seen him in the Twitch chat on Clay’s stream. I’m ashamed to be an American.