Drags vs feints

• Get rid of this vertical turnspeed cap and make the horizontal turnspeed cap not as slow so feints don’t outclass drags by so much. Thoughts?

• You need to stop acting stupid.

• @Flippy:

You need to stop acting stupid.

How about you let me talk however the fuck I want and you actually talk about the discussion at hand?

Should drags be brought up closer to the strength of feints?

• Imo duels are the only place feints greatly outmatch drags, but I think that’s pretty irrelevant as far as team battles go.

• @swagfox:

Imo duels are the only place feints greatly outmatch drags, but I think that’s pretty irrelevant as far as team battles go.

This is a good point, but I think it’s still a good idea to try and balance them in both to make the game overall better.

• Yeah but the issue as I see it is that it would require mechanical changes, like yours, not just balancing numbers like you would do for a weapon. This problem has been seen in the form of the bubble to uhh “balance” facehugging, and is being substituted for a new camera and new animations to accompany it. The bubble drove people away, and although the new camera and animations seem pretty well received by many of the MLG lag hackers on the forums, I also feel it’s going to drive some players away. I personally hate it just as much as the bubble but will just have to adapt.

• I’d be okay with a small increase to horizontal speed, removing the vertical slowdown will create some really ugly attacks though. Imagine a Maul user “seesawing” his overhead. I really don’t want to see that.

• But you’re supposed to use both feints and drags. Fucking yankies man.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

But you’re supposed to use both feints and drags. Fucking yankies man.

For the love of god, buy me an apartment with good internet in London.

• @Flippy:

For the love of god, buy me an apartment with good internet in London.

^^^^^^^^^^

• This post is deleted!

• @swagfox:

Yeah but the issue as I see it is that it would require mechanical changes, like yours, not just balancing numbers like you would do for a weapon. This problem has been seen in the form of the bubble to uhh “balance” facehugging, and is being substituted for a new camera and new animations to accompany it. The bubble drove people away, and although the new camera and animations seem pretty well received by many of the MLG lag hackers on the forums, I also feel it’s going to drive some players away. I personally hate it just as much as the bubble but will just have to adapt.

This is a good point, but if we were to strengthen drags by universally decreasing the windup and combo times and increasing the release periods of all attacks on all weapons, that would make accelerated strikes absurdly powerful and it would make animations look incredibly floaty.

How else could we strengthen drags besides my suggestions or should we do it at all?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

But you’re supposed to use both feints and drags. Fucking yankies man.

Why would you, when accels and feints are so much stronger and ideal for keeping initiative. Not only are drags slower, but they’re far more punishable too. The more I’m using / fighting feints, the less I find drags useful. Especially against good players who will rarely fall for them, comparable to the times they’d fall for a feint. The disparity is silly, but since everyone seems to favor the game being heavily tilted towards aggression and not defense; the best way to balance that would be to make drags stronger. With certain weapons. GS stab drags are already potentially lethal, it’s weapon dependent, but the general point is clear.

• @The:

Why would you, when accels and feints are so much stronger and ideal for keeping initiative. Not only are drags slower, but they’re far more punishable too. The more I’m using / fighting feints, the less I find drags useful. Especially against good players who will rarely fall for them, comparable to the times they’d fall for a feint. The disparity is silly, but since everyone seems to favor the game being heavily tilted towards aggression and not defense; the best way to balance that would be to make drags stronger. With certain weapons. GS stab drags are already potentially lethal, it’s weapon dependent, but the general point is clear.

Because that’s what good players do. You won’t be great if you’re just using feints, you need to mix them with drags, delays and backswings so you’re more unpredictable. Feinting is not always best move in the fight.

• I rely 100% on feints and often trash most people in the competitive scene in melee.

• @Flippy:

You need to stop acting stupid.

Could have said it in a much nicer way, but I agree.
    I’m glad the rotation speed is capped in the game since it makes each weapon different and unique. But, balancing a weapon manouver with a mechanics is just stupid, but even if so. Drags are just as bad as feints if you ask me, with the right weapon, you could very easily get free hits, where if you had used feints, you would lose 15 stamina.

So obviously drags has the advantage of possibly getting through your opponents guard without even using stamina, while with feints, you’ll lost 15 stamina.

• another trash thread by the trench tier player nohbdy… what a surprise

• @CRUSHED:

another trash thread by the trench tier player nohbdy… what a surprise

We could always just give it a try if anything in a mod where we could either remove rotation cap or decrease it just to see how it would play out, imagine all the weapon manouvers you could do if you could drag as fast as your sensitivity would allow.

• @wildwulfy:

We could always just give it a try if anything in a mood where we could either remove rotation cap or decrease it just to see how it would play out, imagine all the weapon manouvers you could do if you could drag as fast as your sensitivity would allow.

Helicopter vanguard, yay!

• Then we could finally hit someone twice with a single overhead.