Force Class/Weapon Teams & Infinite Ammo

• Hello! I wanted to ask some people with experience (I have none) if it would be fairly easy to get something set up to be able to force certain classes and/or weapons with mods. I try to get a lot of matches to be “weapon A vs weapon B” and we always seem to get those guys who don’t comply or if slinging, will pull a dagger out. I would like to prevent all that from happening. Also, infinite ammo for some ranged weapons when we do those. (Throwing axes vs knives?!)

I’m a super noob with these things and would need help actually applying said mod. If anyone is willing to help me out, I wouldn’t mind giving a game on Steam or something as payment if required.

If it helps, I’ll probably be using a Multiplay server to host, as I have used it before with only minor troubles.

• Infinite ammo would be fairly easy to set up in Kismet (whenever you lose one ammo, add one ammo), and I’ve heard people talk about weapon configurations before, apparently it is possible. I don’t use the SDK anymore, but your mod sounds totally possible, and pretty interesting.

• infinite ammo would be pretty easy, we have increased ammo in our mod, so I know it can be done.

a 100 arrows is plenty though as you rarely live long enough to use all of them,
    even with boosted movement speeds and buffed health.

• Custom sounds and 100 arrows? This is an interesting mod WARSAW, what exactly are you working on?

• Should be possible to force weapons.
    You can always take a look at the code that forces the king class to use predefined weapons. Just add sling and don’t add a secondary. Simple as that.

Oh, and WARSAW’s mod may sound interesting, but I’ve never seen some actual footage of his server. I really wonder how it plays because to me it sounds like a complete lag hakn LMB slashfest against bots so far.

• @Rickvs:

Should be possible to force weapons.
    You can always take a look at the code that forces the king class to use predefined weapons. Just add sling and don’t add a secondary. Simple as that.

Well, the thing is I wouldn’t like to ONLY be able to limit to slings. I’d like it to be able to do things like Agatha - Hatchet, Mason - Bearded axe or something if I so choose. Like, limit it to whatever weapons the team would be using. Or if FFA, everyone set to the same thing. Maybe a pretty interface for admins to just click buttons to change? (I have no idea what is possible and what is not tbh and user friendly is always nice)

• I thought of another idea for this mod. What if there could be random like 3 class/weapon choices at start of game and everyone on each team votes for the weapon their team gets to use?

Ex: Agatha gets choices at start - Vanguard Claymore, Knight Broadsword, Archer Short Spear
    Mason gets different choices - Knight Grand Mace, Archer Sling, MAA Broad Dagger
    Then it is voted on and everyone on that particular team is forced into the winning weapons

Or if a FFA game everyone in the server just votes on 3 choices and everyone uses that weapon!

• you would be better off having predefined game styles rather,
    where you chose what the setups were and they pick the different style names.

I had a mod like this in bc2 with like a 100 diff game styles, was truly epic for different kind of action you just wouldn’t get in the regular game cause every 1 wouldn’t normally all be using a few certain weps.

and the MMM mod is pretty epic, most that haters haven’t even tried it,
    which is kinda funny to me they just assume the worst.

we just released another patch last night fine tuning it even further, you guys should give it a try.
    and the bots are there just to help populate and add to the mayhem, they leave as people join.

• @WARSAW:

you would be better off having predefined game styles rather,
    where you chose what the setups were and they pick the different style names.

I had a mod like this in bc2 with like a 100 diff game styles, was truly epic for different kind of action you just wouldn’t get in the regular game cause every 1 wouldn’t normally all be using a few certain weps.

and the MMM mod is pretty epic, most that haters haven’t even tried it,
    which is kinda funny to me they just assume the worst.

we just released another patch last night fine tuning it even further, you guys should give it a try.
    and the bots are there just to help populate and add to the mayhem, they leave as people join.

I’ve been on there a couple times. I didn’t like the gravity changes when I was there. I would throw a jav or swing a sword and hop up into the air a little and it was strange feeling. I love the ammo count increase, however. I just kinda wanted a bit less change to the actual gameplay but only do a bit of changing the weapon allowances. I might come in one of these nights and give it another go :)

• Which server is this?

• @Mockingbirch:

Which server is this?

Modded Matrix Mayhem